Your first XI vs Croatia

Nesbit has to either start or come on with a reasonable time frame to do something.  We are creating chances but that's not the issue, we need to put at least one of them in the net. 

Keep the rest unchanged really.

Probably exact same as we had v England but Clarke might fancy McTominay in midfield for some tactical reason (either for what he brings in there or for more solidity at the back to let Tierney get forward more) so wouldn't be surprised if that move happens with McGregor dropped. Dykes is a good outball when under pressure and can bully Lovren if he starts. Agree that he might come off earlier than usual if chasing a goal for Fraser, Forrest or Nisbet. I reckon we'll go for the same team but might see Hendry or Cooper in for McGregor at a push

1 hour ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Probably exact same as we had v England but Clarke might fancy McTominay in midfield for some tactical reason (either for what he brings in there or for more solidity at the back to let Tierney get forward more) so wouldn't be surprised if that move happens with McGregor dropped. Dykes is a good outball when under pressure and can bully Lovren if he starts. Agree that he might come off earlier than usual if chasing a goal for Fraser, Forrest or Nisbet. I reckon we'll go for the same team but might see Hendry or Cooper in for McGregor at a push

For me, in the system we play, McTominay is more vital in that RCB position than in midfield. Him being able to bring the ball out means we dont just rely on Tierney doing that and overload the left as we did against Czech (even though KT wasnt playing).

I'm far from McGregor's biggest fan and suspect he wouldnt be in the XI if Ryan Jack was fit. But him and Gilmour did a power on Friday, so same again please.

Modric will be asking for wee Billy's autograph after this one 🤞

2 hours ago, tbsouth said:

Just the one....Patterson for O'Donnell...its a must win game remember.

Going baws out against the last world cup finalists has disaster written all over for me but he could be an option come an hour in if we are still chasing the win.

3 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Everyone saying the same team again, but thats surely unlikely. 

The squad will be assessed and some players will be rested. 

Thats my thinking I doubt Tierney  has another 90 mins in him but I hope Im wrong Clarke might ask him for an hour out him though. The 5 sub thing could come in handy for this match. Not saying he will use more than 3 but he can knowing that if somebody else cramps up later etc he doesn’t need to worry about seeing out the game.