Stephen O’Donnell

On 07/08/2021 at 21:17, albagubrath said:

For what it’s worth, if he is exceptional for 20-30 games, that would be a big enough sample for me to call him up; that’s my requirement for all players, regardless of age. 

By that logic Billy Gilmour wouldn't have played in the Euros. It's stupid to have criteria like that - the only criteria should be is he better than what we've got? In the case of Ramsay I'm going to confidently say he's better than SOD, even right now. 

I'd have Rooney, Patterson and Ralston ahead of O'Donnell. He is nowhere near good enough. He must have dirt on Clarke to keep getting games. One decent performance against England should not deflect from the fact he was absolutely shocking the other two games at the Euros. 

On 09/08/2021 at 12:50, The Moonster said:

By that logic Billy Gilmour wouldn't have played in the Euros. It's stupid to have criteria like that - the only criteria should be is he better than what we've got? In the case of Ramsay I'm going to confidently say he's better than SOD, even right now. 

Fair point; all rules are made to be broken. Gilmour playing half a dozen games at the absolute top of the world game (and being brilliant) is more significant than Ramsay playing 20/30 for Aberdeen. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2021 at 17:01, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

SOD won’t be displaced this month, and perhaps not yet this year but Patterson, Ralston, and Ramsey suggest we’re going to have a very good young right back starting for us soon.

Would have liked to have seen this Harrison Ashby go on loan this season. The more promising right backs we have actually playing games the better.

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

Twitter witters - which of course may not totally reliable.

It's okay mate, I thought you had meant something different anyway. Maybe someone in the medical team has made a mistake but shit happens, just have to deal with it.