Stephen O’Donnell

One of those players that everyone knows isnt really good enough, but regularly plays beyond what you expect of him.

So does that make him good enough?

Never wanted a player to prove so many people wrong. And a big sexy b*****d to boot.

If he scored for Scotland, we riot.

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

Are there two Stephen O’Donnell’s?

The one that played tonight was superb. Also liked when he cynically clattered Grealish.

That was the highlight of the match for me. 

Think he suddenly realised 'crap, I'm the furthest forward Scotland player' and consciously decided to boot Grealish so the game was stopped and he could get back into position.

Regardless, it was a wonderful microcosm of the entire match, with a bewildered English player who must have been wondering what the f**k was going on. It was inside the England half ffs :thumsup2

He was my man of the match tonight. 

Yes others may have played better, but he has taken a battering on the forums since Monday and is probably aware of it.  Sometimes we forget players read forums/papers and listen to /watch the media and it must get in your head knowing your own fans are roasting you after a sub par performance.

He knuckled down tonight and applied himself well.  He really looked like he enjoyed his wee dig at that fandancer Grealish near the end too.

Well done SOD and the rest of the team.  You have the country absolutely buzzing tonight and we thank you.

Edited by Sugar_Army

3 hours ago, Jambomo said:

I really wish that strike from him had gone in. Nobody deserved a goal tonight more than O’Donnell did. 

Agreed.

When I got in from the pub I watched his interview and he clearly knew about the stick we had all (lets not deny it) been giving him - I felt a bit guilty.

If he has scored that one, I would have been first in the queue for the statue fund.