Glennie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Match Thread

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I saw some of the god awful Peter crouch late night thingy last night and they unanimously said it was really boring. 

Can only imagine it’s just because England were shit as I thought it was played at a great intensity and was really entertaining. 

I'm amazed they thought it was a boring game because all the pundits thought they were superb on Sunday. 

3 minutes ago, Glennie said:

f**k that gazza video is sad

I was shown it the other week but I didn't realise it was him to begin with. I just wondered why I was being shown some random bloke missing a fairground shooting game. 💖

Edited by greendot
Shitty heart won't delete

2 hours ago, Tartan Blood said:

It was cringeworthy hearing the English fans cheering when the camera panned to him sitting on the bench. You could tell he believed his own hype when he came on. I saw nothing to be scared of, and O'Donnell put him in his place. Legend!

The camera man seemed to love Grealish. There were a few shots of him  on the bench, getting ready, putting his shirt on etc.

There was nothing like that when Nisbet came on.

The media are desperate for a new Beckham and they reckon Grealish, with his Alice band, fits the description. Just a pity for them that he's nothing spectacular.

Edited by Paul Kersey

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Ok.

Tell yourself that England can play no better if it pleases/comforts you.

Refusal to believe a better team can perform poorly because their own opponents have played well, and instead believing its because they themselves just didn't reach the required levels, is so very familiar as a St Johnstone fan.

England might play better, but all signs point to them being unable to unless their opponents allow it. Scotland prevented them linking play in the final third, which caused the poor English display.

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I've spotted your first mistake

Adverts about vans is the best thing on it.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Refusal to believe a better team can perform poorly because their own opponents have played well, and instead believing its because they themselves just didn't reach the required levels, is so very familiar as a St Johnstone fan.

England might play better, but all signs point to them being unable to unless their opponents allow it. Scotland prevented them linking play in the final third, which caused the poor English display.

Of course there's a relationship between how a side performs and how their opponent does.  Who'd be stupid enough to pretend otherwise?

If you think we saw England at their best last night, however, then you're utterly deluded.  I say that safe in the knowledge that they weren't that brilliant against Croatia either.

14 minutes ago, Paul Kersey said:

The camera man seemed to love Grealish. There were a few shots of him  on the bench, getting ready, putting his shirt on etc.

There was nothing like that when Nisbet came on.

The media are desperate for a new Beckham and they reckon Grealish, with his Alice band, fits the description. Just a pity for them that he's nothing spectacular.

It's less Bend It Like Beckham & more Guff Like Grealish.

1 minute ago, Aufc said:

What a fucking day yesterday. Finished off nicely by the good lady finding me face down in the front garden at 6am.

Thought you were shagging the centre spot at Wembley?

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If you think we saw England at their best last night, however, then you're utterly deluded.  I say that safe in the knowledge that they weren't that brilliant against Croatia either.

Yes, but they didn't play well because Scotland didn't let them, and if its that easy to prevent them playing "at their best", then I doubt you'll ever see it.

3 minutes ago, Aufc said:

What a fucking day yesterday. Finished off nicely by the good lady finding me face down in the front garden at 6am.

🙌

1 hour ago, Glennie said:

England short on bottle look at that stramash again the ball by McTominay for a few seconds and not a single c**t smashed him

your Pearce, Shearer, Ince, Butt, Batty, Sheringham are flying in there

fucking pop stars

image.png.e1f9e7d4ca36001cfddd73f45506bdaf.png

You love a stramash. Let's get Howson on it:

howson_crowd.jpg.c8143e42ea18ad75ead6cf0d2a573929.jpg

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Yes, but they didn't play well because Scotland didn't let them, and if its that easy to prevent them playing "at their best", then I doubt you'll ever see it.

Ok, there's clearly a need on here for people to insist that England are in fact, shite.

It's rather silly, but batter on.

Just now, Monkey Tennis said:

Ok, there's clearly a need on here for people to insist that England are in fact, shite.

It's rather silly, but batter on.

England aren't shite, they have great quality in attack.

They're hampered by a manager who can't change things, and players who can't think for themselves, so this tournament is unlikely to ever see their attack at its best.

Quite why you're throwing a strop over that being my opinion is beyond me.

Kane was dropping deeper to try and open things up with his passing game.

Only problem was, Son Heung-Min wasn't there making intelligent runs.

52 minutes ago, Glennie said:

f**k that gazza video is sad

Wasted his undeniable talent on drink and drugs. Stomped arrogantly around the pitch with zero class or respect for his opponents who he took delight in mocking when he could. Spent the rest of his time beating up women and dishing out racist abuse. I'll save my sympathy for others.