Glennie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Match Thread

4 minutes ago, DiegoDiego said:

photos of Patrik Schick's sister in her underwear.

Link?

Did my nut in during the game seeing the camera always switching to Grealish on the bench like he was the English Lewandowski ready to come on and win the game for them. 
Then he comes on, falls over a lot, took a boot in the ill-protected shins for being a wee fanny and contributed absolutely nothing.
Next.
Easy to see why he is the most fouled player in the EPL.

Another diving wee fanny.

Just now, sergie's no1 fan said:

Easy to see why he is the most fouled player in the EPL.

Another diving wee fanny.

You mean it’s not because he’s gazza reincarnate? Stunned. 

5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

More proof that Malky Mackay is a fucking melt. 

SFA Performance Director Malky Mackay had advised Gilmour and his family that he should stay at Rangers, as he would have had more chance of gaining first team experience. Mackay said, "I really hope he goes out on loan quickly to someone and keeps progressing".

Gordon Strachan also admitted to personally advising Gilmour and his family that he should stay at Rangers.

Imagine it - a child of 15/16 whose clearly showing serious promise and has been given a tremendous opportunity to improve himself financially and professionally, and he's being pressured by the SFA 'National Performance Director' and the National Team manager to turn it down. I hope he fulfills his potential to the fullest, because the more he does the more those two are shown up as the Jurassic, national disgraces they are.

You could tell Tierney wasn’t fully fit - he only hit the byline once from centre half. Poor show!

Obviously it was an excellent result last night. It wasn't a stretch to suggest we were unlucky not to win and the full team put in brilliant performances. It's great to see so much belief in our national team at the moment. Over the 180 minutes we've played so far we created a tonne of chances against the Czechs and then created more than England last night. 

I said to my mates at the pub last night that we're not in a position where we've got a world class talent who is approaching the end of their career: we've got a squad who are a mix of players entering into their prime (McGinn, Robertson, Armstrong) along with the younger talents. Regardless of what happens in the Croatia game, there's every reason to be positive about our national game moving forwards. It feels like the Scottish game is thriving at the moment - we've plenty of players coming in from SPFL clubs. In spite of the billions pumped into the game down south, I'd far rather have our set up than theirs at them moment. Ten times our population and yet they couldn't handle our passing at times last night. 

If Grant Hanley doesn't have the captain's armband for Real Madrid next season then I don't understand football.

48 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Southgate is in that job not because he's a good manager but because he's the quintessential straight man. He's a decent guy and will bring absolutely no controversy. He's never going to upset a clique of players or be caught on a camera making dodgy comments. He's the sort of manager your Gran would love to have over for dinner.

He’s also done a pretty reasonable job.  There’s a coherence between the under 21s and the first team, there’s a demonstrable improvement in technique and fitness, and the players seem to have an idea what they are doing - unlike one or two of his predecessors.  The national team manager is never the best manager - otherwise he would be at a top club.  

39 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Did I imagine it or did Grealish try and pass to a sub just after he came on?

He did.  The England subs were warming up in white training tops up and down the sidelines, which I’m surprised was permitted.  

13 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

You mean it’s not because he’s gazza reincarnate? Stunned. 

I think that's meant to be Foden, who they've convinced themselves is a massive talent.

Foden, Sterling and Kane v a half fit left back, a CM, and Grant Hanley, and it ends 0-0.

Nobody overhypes like the English. 

30 minutes ago, AJF said:

You’re making him out to be like Kris Boyd ffs. Kane would walk into 99% of teams in world football.

Kris Boyd wasn’t even like Kris Boyd.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I think that's meant to be Foden, who they've convinced themselves is a massive talent.

Foden, Sterling and Kane v a half fit left back, a CM, and Grant Hanley, and it ends 0-0.

Nobody overhypes like the English. 

They over hype themselves 

Then over the top slaughter themselves 

It's an amusing watch 

Did we ‘take a stand’ last night before taking the knee or was there just a lot of standing around?

Just now, ropy said:

Did we ‘take a stand’ last night before taking the knee or was there just a lot of standing around?

Took the knee, cue howls from the gammonic hoardes. Truly delicious stuff.

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Obviously it was an excellent result last night. It wasn't a stretch to suggest we were unlucky not to win and the full team put in brilliant performances. It's great to see so much belief in our national team at the moment. Over the 180 minutes we've played so far we created a tonne of chances against the Czechs and then created more than England last night. 

I said to my mates at the pub last night that we're not in a position where we've got a world class talent who is approaching the end of their career: we've got a squad who are a mix of players entering into their prime (McGinn, Robertson, Armstrong) along with the younger talents. Regardless of what happens in the Croatia game, there's every reason to be positive about our national game moving forwards. It feels like the Scottish game is thriving at the moment - we've plenty of players coming in from SPFL clubs. In spite of the billions pumped into the game down south, I'd far rather have our set up than theirs at them moment. Ten times our population and yet they couldn't handle our passing at times last night. 

I’ve thought that several times in the past, but it often doesn’t work out that way. You have to grab the opportunity when it’s there or it can disappear and all momentum is lost.  Players lose form/ get injured, managers move on etc.

We had a brilliant exciting team in a qualifying group for Euro 2008 against the two World Cup finalists and a quarter finalist and we were so close to getting through. The Italian coach even described us as one of the best young sides in Europe at the time. It didn’t happen and after that we fell back into obscurity. 

8 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Unfortunately, there’s nothing coming through at goalkeeper, centre half or striker.  Thanks to Malkkky and Scotland Gemmill, the under 21s just play hoofball to the tallest player who is best at running, and don’t qualify for anything.  There’s no question that there’s more talent in the English set up (if for no reason other than the immigrant population), but there’s definitely something missing in and around the first team when it comes to the knock out stages.  Project Brave will be a national scandal for quite some time.  

What's lovely about O'Donnell vs Grealish is that none of his teammates give a f**k that he's been cut down. They're all thinking "just fucking pass it next time you p***k."