Glennie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Match Thread

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Did I imagine it or did Grealish try and pass to a sub just after he came on?

Yes!

was hilarious, and the commentator covered it over by saying he’d played it a bit wide for his teammate. The lad had the same docks and shorts on obviously but a different coloured shirt.

Missed the O'Donnell booking as I was hiding behind a cushion at that point. Delighted that I've finally managed to see footage of it.

4 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Aye, that was quite good.

To be fair to him, you could see how it had happened. Appeared as an over-lapping runner.

O'Donnell wiping out Grealish was hilarious but that clip also shows why Grealish isn't trusted enough. He had about ten opportunities to pass but wants to do it all himself. That might work when you're your club's best player but not when you're playing for England.

It was fitting that at the last minute stramash it was Armstrong who released the ball from the pack and made it available for a crack at goal.  Kane was off by then though.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Folk will be battering Chelseas door down to get BG on loan after that.

Hopefully they send him abroad where he’ll get properly coached and given a chance.

9 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I thought this at the time too.

I certainly need to eat humble pie on O’Donnell. Don’t think criticism of him against the Czechs was unfair but I wouldn’t have played him again and I didn’t think he was capable of that last night. 

Well done loon. 

8 minutes ago, rainbowrising said:

In other words the defender stood on his foot? Was a pen for me but hey, they didnt give it.

There You Go Apg GIF by AllPropertiesGroup

Football is a contact sport, simply touching your opponent isn't enough to give a foul. There was absolutely minimal contact that Sterling made himself and never enough to trip him up despite him collapsing in a heap. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Football is a contact sport, simply touching your opponent isn't enough to give a foul. There was absolutely minimal contact that Sterling made himself and never enough to trip him up despite him collapsing in a heap. 

I think it’s a difficult one to call but probably not a pen. However, we are fortunate as another ref may well have given it. 

Reports this morning that Foden is off to the barbers to get a Stephen O'Donnell haircut.

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's an elite goalscorer, but the rest of his game is weak. 

He's more of a Lewandowski, someone who finishes the job, than a Benzema, who can do it all.

He seems to have forgotten that.

You’re making him out to be like Kris Boyd ffs. Kane would walk into 99% of teams in world football.

2 hours ago, Tartan Blood said:

I'm honestly loathe to pick even just a top 3. You could literally make a case for any one on the park. 

Yes! I loved that Gilmour wasn't afraid to get in about it, despite his slight physique. When he fills out he'll be battering everyone on the park. O'Donnell done something similar. Grealish was getting a bit too cocky and O'Donnell just wiped him out and accepted the strategic yellow. I really hope a decent team comes in for O'Donnell this summer, then I think all the sceptics will get off his back for good.

Gilmour looks like the ready made replacement for McGregor. McGregor also played well tonight, but after this tournament, I think the McGregor role will be passed over to Gilmour for good.

A decent and astute team has given SOD the security of a 2 year deal.

9 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Hopefully they send him abroad where he’ll get properly coached and given a chance.

Would be good if he went to Oostende and teamed up with Jack Hendry. 

Just now, AJF said:

You’re making him out to be like Kris Boyd ffs. Kane would walk into 99% of teams in world football.

Well yeah, but so would most top level strikers.

Tottenham is about his level. He'd be horrendously found out if he actually did get a move to PSG/Real Madrid/Barca.

He's a Icari/Morata/Lukaku level striker. Domestically will score 25+ every season if you give them the chances, but won't push a team beyond its level individually. 

If a club are spending £100m+ they're spending it on a Mbappe/Haaland/Martinez, not on Kane. I'm not entirely sure what move he gets unless Man City bottle it and want a playground bully.

La Gazzetta's summary of last night's performances, tucked away past photos of Patrik Schick's sister in her underwear.

Kane has to change in this European Championship, Foden has flat tires. McTominay, Hanley and Robertson: what a night!

Did my nut in during the game seeing the camera always switching to Grealish on the bench like he was the English Lewandowski ready to come on and win the game for them. 

Then he comes on, falls over a lot, took a boot in the ill-protected shins for being a wee fanny and contributed absolutely nothing.

Next.