Glennie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Match Thread

It was Euro 16 he was on corners was it not? Not WC 18?
I've no idea tbh. The way they were talking I assumed it was the last tournament. But given Dixon thought Gilmour was off the pace and the commentator later said "Gimour seems to have caught up with the pace of the game" there's a fair chance they were talking out their arse on the Kane front as well.

Let’s not pretend that Harry Kane isn’t a fantastic player  
He’s been bang average this tournament, granted, but he is an elite level player.
An elite level player with no success to show for it.

At least Shearer won the PL title, with a diddy team no less.

Sack Southgate is the talk of the Geordie lads on my train north 

5 minutes ago, LondonHMFC said:

"Lame lions"

About to have a good read of the Mail, I'm sure they will give an unbiased review.

20210619_075521.jpg

If those 2 photos on the back of the Star could be combined as 1.

I'm not a huge fan of Lee Dixon on co-commentary, but I had to laugh at his comment after that stramash at the end when he said Ally McCoist was so far out of his seat he expected him to pop up and clear it. And then Ally "I wasn't well there for a minute" :lol:

Set the tone at kick off when he said something like “Listen Sam after what Graeme just said I’m just about ready to match on Carlisle.”

Legend.

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Sack Southgate is the talk of the Geordie lads on my train north 

Hell no.  Knew he’d be shite when they first appointed him.  Getting a practical bye to the world-cup semi papered over a lot of cracks and has hopefully bought him a lot of goodwill from the media.  The longer they keep him the better.

20 minutes ago, Flash said:

I think Gilmour’s main problem is that he plays for Chelsea, so doesn’t get enough game time. If he played for somebody like Everton or Villa, he’d be playing every week. This would have helped him get more caps and he would also have been able to last more than 70 minutes last night.

Said this last night. A loan move for a year to a mid-table EPL team (or even abroad) would be the best thing for him (and us).

Just now, Gaz said:

Said this last night. A loan move for a year to a mid-table EPL team (or even abroad) would be the best thing for him (and us).

A Chelsea manager who trusts him would be the best thing for him.

He deserves to be regularly playing Champions League football.

3 minutes ago, Left Back said:

Hell no.  Knew he’d be shite when they first appointed him.  Getting a practical bye to the world-cup semi papered over a lot of cracks and has hopefully bought him a lot of goodwill from the media.  The longer they keep him the better.

Southgate is in that job not because he's a good manager but because he's the quintessential straight man. He's a decent guy and will bring absolutely no controversy. He's never going to upset a clique of players or be caught on a camera making dodgy comments. He's the sort of manager your Gran would love to have over for dinner.

Edited by Gaz

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

A Chelsea manager who trusts him would be the best thing for him.

He deserves to be regularly playing Champions League football.

Oh absolutely, but that's the ideal scenario and isn't going to happen under Tuchel.

Was the year they had him and Gordon Strachan wearing shorts in a studio on the beach?  

Look, I get it. He’s paid to bring his passion, not to be objective. I’m sure there’s at least one of the Scottish presenters who is insufferable to anyone not Scottish. But still, it's funny. 
If he was any different he wouldn't get the gig - yes the man's a phanny but I don't particularly dislike him - he's certainly preferable to mogadon Murphy.

He is slow, and that's always been the case, but folk writing him off after a couple of poor games is mental. He's a high quality striker, and grant hanley played him brilliantly.
Kane needs someone to play off but neither Sterling or Foden provided the sort of support that Son gives him.

England suffer from the obsession of playing one up front that many modern teams suffer from.

A mate of mine who watches much more EPL than I do pointed out that Kane is absolutely lethal from anywhere around the box, but the longer a game goes on without scoring the further deep he drops and the less effective he becomes.
It's why his record against the top teams is relatively poor - they just don't give him the chances.

It's why when England play the top teams his record is equally poor.

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Oh absolutely, but that's the ideal scenario and isn't going to happen under Tuchel.

I agree with you but I don’t know why Tuchel won’t play him more. He’s shown he is more than capable of playing at that level, and playing very well. 

Edited by Jambomo

Agreed.
For a change they seem to be treating the idea of it only being used to correct an obvious error, seriously.
This is how VAR should be operating - the sooner the EPL realises than the better.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

.... gets slightly stepped on...

In other words the defender stood on his foot? Was a pen for me but hey, they didnt give it.

There You Go Apg GIF by AllPropertiesGroup

Did I imagine it or did Grealish try and pass to a sub just after he came on?