Glennie

England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 vs Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 Match Thread

I’ve never noticed how slow Kane is before.  Laughable pace.

Has a Renaissance painting vibe to it 
Post of the day. Someone really should do an Italian-artist-style painting of it. I'd certainly buy it.

I'm here to be the old, sobering c**t this morning. Last night was incredible, and i was celebrating like a lunatic with the kids after the game. Great times.

But now I'm reading post after post and our performance is getting better and better. Our men are being elevated to hero status after a nil nil.

This worries me. We've restored some much needed pride but that game could've been very different. Those two early England chances were up there with the easiest chances in the game (along with Adams when the ball hits him in the six yard box). Stones has to score and foden very nearly did, just a few minutes later.

We had 40% possession, but i reckon a neutral would say we earned the point, maybe even shaded the game. We did not boss it. We bossed moments, and defended strongly and resolutely at other times.

England probed and pressed, with limited success. They're right to be disappointed, especially in the set-up.

But let's all take a deep breath and not get carried away. All we've done is restore pride, and if we fail to score on Tuesday the campaign will undoubtedly have been a failure.

Fortunately that's the kind of message the manager will be delivering to the players in the next few days.

1 minute ago, dirty dingus said:

Listening to Talksport you would think Scotland stood on the goal line for 90 minutes. They were also saying "Harry" could do with a partner up front as he had 3 centre halfs on him the whole game, Pearce also said he will get his big  100+ million quid move. Is this more pundits overvaluing the Premiership or is Harry Kane really in this sort of price range?

1. There’s your first mistake.  I realise it’s like reading a Daily Mail opinion column, but we can only strain our hearts so much. 

2. Harry McGuire = £80 million.  The English market is messed up.  Kane is easily in the £100 million category if he goes to another English team (Man City, basically).  No chance an Italian team pays that. 

He is slow, and that's always been the case, but folk writing him off after a couple of poor games is mental. He's a high quality striker, and grant hanley played him brilliantly.

54 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I was mostly expecting the ball to pop out right in front of an England player for a tap in. I had my eyes closed throughout tbh.

I spent the last 10 minutes kneeling on the floor with my eyes closed, praying to every God ever known that the basturds wouldn't score. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I really don't get the hype. 

He goes missing in big games. Last night maybe wasn't France, Spain etc in the tournament's latter stages but it is a fixture that has an edge. He did absolutely nothing all game and it's not the first time either. He was rancid after the group stages at the WC in 2018 as well. 

He also wants to move clubs. Man City have the means to pay whatever shit loads of money is demanded for him, but why would they? He'll rack up 35 or 40 goals as they smash the diddy teams, but he's not what they need to win the CL. 

Would Kane not be regarded as a bit of an injury risk now for such big money? His goalscoring record is obviously up there with the best, but he's had his problems and isn't a young player anymore. Definitely hasn't looked 100% in the last couple of games.

That was never a penalty on Sterling. Watch it again, Sterling steps past the ball and towards the defender, he's got no interest in playing the ball, only in making contact. His big toe gets slightly stepped on and he goes down like he's been shot. Joke that he wasn't booked for it.

41 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

lol okay.

I know, right? Dykes literally won 9 headers last night. Maybe even more than against Serbia? 

2 minutes ago, Tartan Blood said:

I know, right? Dykes literally won 9 headers last night. Maybe even more than against Serbia? 

It's just Monkey Tennis doing his usual "my opinion differs from the widely held view" act. 

30 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

A mate of mine who watches much more EPL than I do pointed out that Kane is absolutely lethal from anywhere around the box, but the longer a game goes on without scoring the further deep he drops and the less effective he becomes.

The kind of performance that makes you proud as f**k to be from this wee nation. The only thing that was missing was a goal but we gave it a right good go.