Parallels with the 99 playoff?

21 hours ago, greenockraver said:

Back in 1999, there was a huge build up to the Euro 2000 playoff against England. There was the big thing about us getting a decent result at hampden to take down the road.

We got humped.

I remember a very similar burst baw feeling to what we have right now . Disappointment, frustration, apathy.

We went doon to the old wembley with no much of a hope . I remember billy dodds talking before the game about scoring in the first 10 minutes to level the playing field
... but the english squad was full of household names. Big sol campbell at the back , ye had yer nevilles , beckhams , shearers ,scholes ... we had nae chance.

By f**k , did we give them a scare.

It turned oot the only englishman to score was our own.

Big christian dailly was a bawhair away from levelling the tie! (Albeit with heroics from Seaman)

Ma point is... this isny done , naw by a long way.

We perform when the chips are doon. Underdog seems to suit us.

We would have bit the hand off at any point over the last 23 years to be in this position we are in right now .

Come on Scotland!

We dont perform when the chips are down. We get the odd unexpected result here and there but so do most teams. Overall we continually fail even with some decent players and is why we havent qualified for years. That isnt my definition of perform. Invariably, overall, we dont.