Shitey home support

AndyX

For most of the last 23 years the Scotland team didn't deserve the support the fans showed.

Today was different.....

Imagine waiting so long for a tournament, being one of the few who gets a ticket, not seen a real game for over a year, and then completely disappearing from the moment your team goes behind.

Sorry but that was a really shitey home support.  I know that there wasn't that many fans there, but I've been in small crowds at Hampden that offered *far* more to support the team.

Darren Fletcher clearly noticed it but was trying to be diplomatic.

The team were better than the support today - and the team weren't great😠

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Over 2,000 unsold tickets as well. 

If there were, they were all 185 euro as that's what it was offering me right up until kick off.

I'm glad they didn't sell all of those, they only charge those prices because we're suckers.

1 hour ago, AndyX said:

For most of the last 23 years the Scotland team didn't deserve the support the fans showed.

Today was different.....

Imagine waiting so long for a tournament, being one of the few who gets a ticket, not seen a real game for over a year, and then completely disappearing from the moment your team goes behind.

Sorry but that was a really shitey home support.  I know that there wasn't that many fans there, but I've been in small crowds at Hampden that offered *far* more to support the team.

It must be weird being spaced out around the ground. How do you think song get started? It's also hard to tell much about the atmosphere over the TV.

I don't think it's cool to insult people like this without a lot more to go on and when you don't know what it was like to be there.

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

If there were, they were all 185 euro as that's what it was offering me right up until kick off.

I'm glad they didn't sell all of those, they only charge those prices because we're suckers.

Yeah I won't argue with that. 

3 hours ago, AndyX said:

Today was different.....

You obviously weren't there. I thought the fans were great today. 

4 hours ago, AndyX said:

Today was different.....

Could you get yerself  as " far" away to f**k as possible from all concerned in the future please?

Asking for a friend. 

4 minutes ago, Richie said:

€185 tickets?
That can get in the sea.
Ludicrous.

Yep, and from the diagrams I think that would have been the entire North Stand and almost all of the South Stand. 

Cat 2 was €125.

Screenshot 2021-06-14 at 23.11.57.png

Was at the game today and thought the fans gave as good an atmosphere as could be expected after being told to turn up two hours before kick off and having nothing but the “official euro 2020 DJ” and mind numbing MC directing you to watch videos on the screen at the other end of the park to keep you awake.

The whole setup was a shambles. Stagger the entry to avoid crowds coming in together, but at full time it’s just the usual free for all coming up the stairs and out round the ground.

11 minutes ago, Richie said:

€185 tickets?
That can get in the sea.
Ludicrous.

I'm not sure of the current Euro-Pound exchange rate but I'm sure that's more than an Edinburgh City (and no doubt other L2 clubs) season ticket.

1 hour ago, Mr Pikey said:

Could you get yerself  as " far" away to f**k as possible from all concerned in the future please?

Asking for a friend. 

Nope, I won't, but I wish all the fairweather friends would.  A Scotland support is not there to be entertained - it's pretty much *never* entertaining.  It should be about giving the team a lift when they need it.  That support today did nothing to lift a team who were clearly giving there all.  I don't give a toss about singing Flower of Scotland in time if you're not gonna be there when the team needs you.

I get the point about strange circumstances and hard to get a song going, but it seemed noticeably easier to do it before the Czechs scored.

9 hours ago, AndyX said:

Nope, I won't, but I wish all the fairweather friends would.  A Scotland support is not there to be entertained - it's pretty much *never* entertaining.  It should be about giving the team a lift when they need it.  That support today did nothing to lift a team who were clearly giving there all.  I don't give a toss about singing Flower of Scotland in time if you're not gonna be there when the team needs you.

I get the point about strange circumstances and hard to get a song going, but it seemed noticeably easier to do it before the Czechs scored.

Now is not the time to go all uber-fan. I think the fans were fine. At 1-0 behind there was clearly an effort to lift the team after we survived the mini-onslaught from the Czechs following half time. They were willing the team on. But the 2nd goal was a killer and I'd ask you to show me an example of any fanbase behaving differently after that. After a 23 year wait, turning up to the first match to see your team go 2-0 behind is a very humbling and deflating experience after all the build up it got. It would be very difficult to get going.

26 minutes ago, AJF said:

Now is not the time to go all uber-fan. I think the fans were fine. At 1-0 behind there was clearly an effort to lift the team after we survived the mini-onslaught from the Czechs following half time. They were willing the team on. But the 2nd goal was a killer and I'd ask you to show me an example of any fanbase behaving differently after that. After a 23 year wait, turning up to the first match to see your team go 2-0 behind is a very humbling and deflating experience after all the build up it got. It would be very difficult to get going.

Crowds are like a fire, they need a heart to keep them going. In football grounds there are areas where the singing and chanting usually start - for Scotland games at Hampden it's usually the centre-rear of the North Stand, with some from the back of the West Stand. You need groups of people tight together and uninhibited, picking up when one person starts. How could that ever happen with social distancing and fans having no control over where their seat will be?

All the reasons you say, plus that - it was the worst possible set of circumstances to generate an atmosphere. 

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'm not sure of the current Euro-Pound exchange rate but I'm sure that's more than an Edinburgh City (and no doubt other L2 clubs) season ticket.

In 2019-20 (pre-pandemic) the cheapest adult season ticket at Bayern Munich was €145.