Your first XI vs England

One up top would be a toothless disaster in a game we likely need to win so would start Che and Dykes. O'Donnell was horrendous so might as well gi the boy Patterson a go

If it's a 3.5.2 with no Tierney then this with Gilmour sitting, Mcginn and McTominay given license to break forward

scotland-euros_xi-1b1d0a5f79d99244157727d08cb75263.jpg

Edited by Glennie

Clark said Tierney had picked up a knock, now I know he doesn't gave the best injury record but f**k sake if it's just a knock surely he is worth the risk. He might not get another chance at a major finals.

The blind optimism is coming back so we get a draw on Friday, Croatia beat the Czech then we beat Croatia last game and England do over the Czech in last game and we take second place.

Whatever the lineup we have to go for a win no playing for a draw shite that will inevitably lead to trying to hing on for a 0-0

fk getting to the Croatia game needing eleven results to go our way

Edited by Glennie

Throw youth and pace into this game. I find that younger players cope better with pressure it just washes over them and they don't think about it once the game starts. 

We will need pace at the back against England. Patterson starts for me on the right, Hanley looked deceptively quick today. One of Gilmour or turnbull in the middle. If we only play  One striker its Adams for me chances might be few and far between and Dykes just isn't scoring. 

3 hours ago, Glennie said:

One up top would be a toothless disaster in a game we likely need to win so would start Che and Dykes. O'Donnell was horrendous so might as well gi the boy Patterson a go

If it's a 3.5.2 with no Tierney then this with Gilmour sitting, Mcginn and McTominay given license to break forward

scotland-euros_xi-1b1d0a5f79d99244157727d08cb75263.jpg

Aye, this team for me. Arguments that Nisbet could come in for Dykes I suppose.

Clark said Tierney had picked up a knock, now I know he doesn't gave the best injury record but f**k sake if it's just a knock surely he is worth the risk. He might not get another chance at a major finals.

The blind optimism is coming back so we get a draw on Friday, Croatia beat the Czech then we beat Croatia last game and England do over the Czech in last game and we take second place.
Regardless of any of the other teams, a draw against England and win against Croatia gives us 4 points which will easily be enough for a best 3rd place....
But like u say blind optimistim

Assuming Tierney is out I don't see any reason to play with a back 5. When he's able to burst forward from centreback it's a different thing but I don't think it suits us otherwise.

I'd go for this, though I don't think there's any chance of Clarke changing his formation. 

Screenshot_20210614-222145_Chrome.jpg

Marshall

Patterson        Hanley     Cooper    Robertson

Gilmour

McGinn      Turnbull   Armstrong

Dykes   Adams

BAWS OOT

Gordon

patterson Cooper Hanley tierney robertson

Mctominay Gilmour mcginn

Dykes       Adams 

if tierneys not fit then f**k knows 

This is solely on the basis that O'Donnell isn't asked to play so high again, if he needs to play higher than the midfielders then get Forrest in there. 

Adams and Nisbet up top with Dykes subbed on as the nuclear target man option if we have to chase the game. 

Screenshot_20210614-225545.png