Food/Drink That You Can No Longer Buy

Perhaps a long shot,  but does anyone remember kp "jacks" from the 90s?? I cannot find a picture,  but they come as a discontinued brand on the kp wiki page, so they did exist for sure.

This thread has forced me to admit that, should I ever stumble upon the secret of time travel, I'll be using it for no higher purpose than to stuff myself with ancient sweeties from the days of yore.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

This thread has forced me to admit that, should I ever stumble upon the secret of time travel, I'll be using it for no higher purpose than to stuff myself with ancient sweeties from the days of yore.

This might help you (re)live vicariously mate - http://theincrediblekulk.blogspot.com/2018/05/my-crisps-journey-10-packets-of-crisps.html?m=1

although if you do stumble across said time travel, bring us a bag of the chutney flavour Outer Spacers from the very right of the head image; they sound kinda intriguing. 

Edited by carpetmonster

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

What do you do if you get a peanut stuck in your ear? 

Pour some chocolate in and it'll come out a treet..

1653424980_download(2).jpg.33e24d55d09e850f753508c116f98cc5.jpg

These briefly reappeared in Sainsburys a few years back and they tasted exactly the same.

Spoiler

Shite. 

579556687_download(3).jpg.d4203f6585978e66f3c28889e84eb3db.jpg

Boost was apparently launched in 1985. 

We were on holiday in Weston Super Mare in 1986 and saw these new bars in the shops there- Cadbury's Boost. We hadn't seen them in Scotland. Anyway when I went back home I told my mates there was a new chocolate bar that I'd seen in England. "Yer talking shite" they said. Boosts reached Scotland a few months later. I never got an apology. 

There was also a Cadbury's lemon and lime flavoured chocolate sweet that came in a box that they may have been trialling as I never saw it again. It was called Fresca or Cresta or something like that. 

8 pages in and no mention of the best biscuits ever to grace my cupboard

gypsy creams | Tyrone Tribulations

On the sweetie front I used to buy a sweet called crispets by the 1/2lb.  They were similar to the below but were actually branded and had a shape to them, the ones below are 100% not "original".

Scottish Crispets - Chocolate Flavour Coconut Crispettes Sweets

Seem to remember them having clusters of something in them. Loved any bar like that, the highland toffee one covered in chocolate was excellent. 

Black sugar crystals.

My Aunty Nan used to work in Keillers and would always bring over a big bag of seconds when she visited. Always loads of these but favourite was a similar to butterscotch with chocolate in the middle.

image.jpeg.7e1160bceeaac1904e19820a2712fd45.jpeg