Food/Drink That You Can No Longer Buy

Onto booze. I really miss McEwans 80 bob cask ale, as brewed in Edinburgh. Seen here dispensed on Aitken air pressure tall fonts. Sad my boy won't be the fourth generation to sup this nectar in the diggers. Current clone by Stewarts is very good, but not as good.

ales1.jpg.1894531d15c5320e474407a2fa64b04c.jpg
McEwan's 80 Bob was my favourite beer back in the 90's. A step up from bog standard Heavy (I occasionally still see Tartan Special) and better than Tennent's 80.

Anyway, back to sweets and I used to love a Texan bar.

4c70ba7cfccc8da86b14b7debdfaa5e4--retro-sweets-chocolate-bars.jpg

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Was just the other day that I was talking to my other half about how this is classic Mint Feast weather.

Seems that Walls discontinued the mint variety years ago.  b*****ds.

image.png.0f9d82f3babca31625a057f65944b3b9.png

Poundland had them until fairly recently.

This thread has brought up some tragic memories..

Micro Noodles, the easiest meal I've ever known. 3 mins til edible but if you had an acquired taste you would do between 6 and 7 minutes, tasted sublime and filled you up. Could even sprinkle a bit of grated cheese on top. They stopped making them 4 or 5 years ago and life has never been the same. There is nothing that quite matches them, I signed a petition to bring them back and one time i drunkenly e-mailed Unilver to get them told. Despite my efforts it looks like they're gone for good. 

They'll never fully understand what they meant to me. 

51YfZ8nzk0L._AC_.jpg

Had the misfortune to trip across City Lights on BBC Scotland while channel hopping. Dave Anderson and his pals were all in a pub on the Bezique and lemonade. Seem to recall it was a special occasion tipple for my mum and her pals at the time.