CaspianChris

Group D (Croatia, Czech Rep, England, Scotland)

Folk were going on about how excited they were for this, with many folk talking about how emotional they are over it.

23 years if waiting, with folk being buzzing for weeks. Loads of documentaries and songs. Loads of build up with clips from the past. Marshall's penalty save.

And now that one player is out cancel all of that. Scotland are done apparently.

At least if Tierney’s not playing then the percentage of players who sing the anthem will go up.

21 minutes ago, A_Veitch said:

O'Donnell starting is an odd for me.

He’s dreadful, and clearly a weak link, but he’s also clearly trusted by Clarke.  It’s depressing, certainly, but very predictable.  Steve Clarke is as conservative as they come, which is why things like picking O’Donnell over a much better but far less tested Paterson is hardly surprising. 

If someone could point out a single Scotland performance in the last year where Stephen O'Donnell has been a weak link, I'm all ears.

1 minute ago, Scary Bear said:

What’s this all about? Naked guys playing guitars.

Do you know if this is the one or not?

Right, that's me finished all my chores for the day.  Anything worth watching on the box this afternoon?

Nerves, fear and terror those feelings would not affect me at all said I wgen I woke up this morning.

Famous last words as I am now suffering those feelings.

Managed to get finished at half 1, now sitting at home with a Tennents about to watch Scotland play in a major tournament. 

What a day.

I don't think I've ever seen a full 11 sing the anthem :o

Czech Republic are a very ugly collection of professional athletes. They are as sore to my eyes as Stephen O'Donnell attempting to play football. 

Could someone supply that supporter with nasal hair trimming equipment please. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Managed to get finished at half 1, now sitting at home with a Tennents about to watch Scotland play in a major tournament. 

What a day.

This'll be the first time for everyone mid 20s and below, far too long to be away from these games.

Anthem was decent. Surprised and impressed to see the players belting it out. Just such a shame the ground isn't rammed.