CaspianChris

Group D (Croatia, Czech Rep, England, Scotland)

Will be really disappointed if we set up ‘not to get beat’ here. This is a massive opportunity at 3 points.

2 minutes ago, johnmc80 said:

Get o’donnell to feck. Tierney and adams missing is far from ideal aswell. Still strong across the middle though and frazer playing off dykes might be a masterstroke. C’mon scotland! Into them!

Christie surely ?

Just saw christie is playing off dykes instead of fraser. We are fecked. Team looks more horrible everytime i look at it.

Tierney is a savage loss, but what worries me the most is the lack of any real kind of attacking threat outside long balls to Dykes. 

We're going to be hugely reliant on both Christie and Armstrong to get upside Dykes and support him. I thought we might have risked starting Fraser to give us more options but it seems not. 

I'm concerned that we're going to have 90 minutes watching the Czechs dominating us in midfield, interspersed with long diagonals to Dykes. 

But, it wouldn't be Scotland if I wasn't terrified.

Not really sure about this. Tierney obviously must be an injury but Christie's form is pretty bogging and Adams has looked excellent in a Scotland jersey so far. Midfield set up is fine and we've got plenty on the bench to change things up. Still feel we should be going out to take control of this game as early as possible and get the win on the board.

We don't have a particularly large number of good players, but organisation and management are crucial. I'd have played Adams ahead of Dykes here, but Clarke obviously has a plan in mind. 

The Czechs are no great shakes so we really ought to be out to win this one. 

Edited by Michael W

4 minutes ago, Bob Mahelp said:

Tierney is a savage loss, but what worries me the most is the lack of any real kind of attacking threat outside long balls to Dykes. 

We're going to be hugely reliant on both Christie and Armstrong to get upside Dykes and support him. I thought we might have risked starting Fraser to give us more options but it seems not.

Dykes holds the ball up or acts as a decoy for McGinn and Christie to attack from midfield.

That's basically been our game plan for a while now.  Nothing new to see.

Edited by Ya Bezzer!

We should agree to stick to one thread here as it's really confusing to try and follow both.
Aye this is torture

1 minute ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

We should agree to stick to one thread here as it's really confusing to try and follow both.

Match thread should be moved here

After some excellent pressing displays leading to a few good goals recently, I have the fear we're setting up to shitfest this to avoid defeat. I hope I'm proved wrong early on and we start on the front foot.

Tierney missing sucks the life out of it for me. 

Him and Robertson on the left is the one area of the team where we can match up against any other team in the tournament and not feel we're inferior. 

And now even that's gone.

Ach well.

Tierney is a huge miss for us but what can you do? Hopefully Steve Clarke has a plan.

I was hoping this would be McGinn’s tournament.

Edited by Scary Bear

Fucking cat on a hot tin roof here pacing about.

Heres BBC Scotland showing their intimate knowledge of the team
20210614_131236.thumb.jpeg.ebcc85a309c74e1ab5708be36d3daf88.jpeg