CaspianChris

Group D (Croatia, Czech Rep, England, Scotland)

28 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Feels a bit like Christmas Eve for me now.

I just hope we show up. Nerves would be understandable but I'm sure the crowd will be absolutely rocking.

Would be a travesty with all this talk of 20 odd years and we end up losing a goal in the first 5 minutes.

Christmas Eve but you don't know if you're getting a shiny new bike or your head kicked in.

1 hour ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Deserved win for England, always put them in most last 8's at best - last 16 in world cups. Lack of creativity a real problem, can't see em scoring many goals. Hope Scotland have a real go, instead of worrying about the result. Get the 3 pts asap, can see the Scots getting something off England, then if both progress, it's down to a bit of luck.

Even before he took a 'sore one' crashing into the post when he should have scored....I thought Kane was a bit....meh...today.

Sergei...calm yersel...its Christmas Eve but you can open yer  bar of soap Xmas pressie early since yer honkin'.
Merry Bath-tub Sergei.
Your too kind TT. I've already had my annual soaping though .
Christmas Eve but you don't know if you're getting a shiny new bike or your head kicked in.
Both if your from Paisley. Thought I'd get that in there before TT.

We all know there will be a major gut punch in one of the games but the fun part is not knowing what one it's going to be.

1 minute ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Your too kind TT. I've already had my annual soaping though emoji3059.png.Both if your from Paisley. Thought I'd get that in there before TT.

We all know there will be a major gut punch in one of the games but the fun part is not knowing what one it's going to be.

Apologies for mis-spelling your name Segrie....no offence intended 😁

58 minutes ago, Glennie said:

Fair size bee in the bonnet for a lot of yous when it comes to innocuous football things when it comes to England. Easily wound up or what.

Magic, Glenn Minter returns. 

This is distinctly strange for me. In just about every previous Scottish major international campaign I have watched - (that's all of them except 1958…!) - I have been strangely optimistic.  This time, despite good omens, I am distinctly uneasy.  I think it's because my lads can't remember the last time we were in one, (they are in their 20s) and I have to hope that they don't suffer the same anti-climax as the rest of us oldies have experienced since 1974.

Ah well, it'll be all over soon... ☺️👍

2 hours ago, Sugar_Army said:

And this guy walking down Market St while the game was on.

In fairness Market Street is like Sauchiehall Street on steroids

1 hour ago, Forest_Fifer said:

Jesus Christ

20210613_184120.jpeg

Is he having a slash?

4 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

England fans are, almost exclusively, fat old men who never got over Italia 90.

There's also a sizeable number of 35-year-old men who haven't got over the fact they were too young to properly appreciate Euro 96.

The media do remember England lost in 96? Keep acting like the fucking won it.

Pickford, Maguire, Mings, Grealish - I could go on, all thugs.
Pickford looks like the kind of c**t you'd see walking up the high street with his jersey off and a bottle of buckfast at 11 in the morning. But the rest you mention I've never really thought of them as thugs tbh.

9 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
Pickford, Maguire, Mings, Grealish - I could go on, all thugs.

Pickford looks like the kind of c**t you'd see walking up the high street with his jersey off and a bottle of buckfast at 11 in the morning. But the rest you mention I've never really thought of them as thugs tbh.

Mings stamp on Zlatan’s head was vile. Maguire assaulting people in Greece and bringing the police was disgusting. Grealish could have seriously injured someone whilst drunk driving. I rest my case.

Mings stamp on Zlatan’s head was vile. Maguire assaulting people in Greece and bringing the police was disgusting. Grealish could have seriously injured someone whilst drunk driving. I rest my case.
I'd say drink driving is more the behaviour of a scumbag rather than a thug but that's maybe bordering on pedantry. Mings and Zlatan were tit-for-tat in the thug stakes. I assume you regard Zlatan as thug as well? If rumours were true about what was being shouted at Maguire, I don't condone violence but I expect the vast majority of people would have reacted the same way.

great to see all the fanzone and pub atmosphere back after the shite last year

Edited by Glennie

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

We will win tomorrow. I just know it 

Fucking hope so! I'm buzzing

great to see all the fanzone and pub atmosphere back after the shite last year

But what about the nursery graduations?