CaspianChris

Group B (Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Russia)

14 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Yeah, that was awful.

Very, very poor how long the feed kept focusing on the distressed players, fans, and the man's wife, FFS. It was obvious from the first shot of the man on the deck that something very serious was happening to him, so they've no excuse. Unfortunately, this has happened plenty of times now, so TV channels should have protocols in place.

The organising authorities need to have plans in place for such events also, perhaps screens similar to those used in horse racing, especially with the amount of cameras in use at a modern day game. 

I'll be honest, I switched the TV over when the CPR started. Exactly the same nauseating feeling as seeing the same happen with Ross McCabe; the sort of thing you only expect to see in fictional TV. 

Fingers crossed his recovery continues successfully.

Reading about the media doesn't surprise me. These are the same people who openly cause extra hysteria when there's a terrorist attack. Or, indeed, some of their Covid reporting. Hopefully the outcry from this will cause a change.

2 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:

Stadium announcer at Parken has told fans to stay in their seats and await further information. A very eerie atmosphere in here.

They're surely not going to resume the game tonight?

Players head will be all over the place and (hope to goodness not obviously) what if his condition deteriorated again and the worst happened while they were playing.

Assuming the prognosis is good, presumably they will replay it about June 23rd/24th between final group ties and knockouts? Even resuming tomorrow as for a weather abandonment might be surprising tbh, even though it'd be simplest logistically.

Just now, TheJTS98 said:

I think some folk are being a bit harsh on Pearce.

He was chucked into a massively distressing situation with no notice and hung out to dry on a live broadcast to millions of people.

He's a sports commentator, not a hardened war correspondent.

Few would have done any better.

It felt like a natural and human response to me. Particularly as he was maybe getting a panicked director in his ear asking him to 'say something now and then' while they decided what to do. I assume that Pearce may have been there when Marc Vivien Foe collapsed and died (certainly he was Channel 5's commentator and they used to show the Confederations Cup back in the day) so it was an expression of his own reaction and anxieties.

If it ever happened again in a live Scottish game and the commentator happened to be the same person who was there when Phil O'Donnell collapsed and died it wouldn't seem surprising if - in a crisis situation a sports journalist never normally faces - their personal experience came across.

BBC News have just run with that they believe he had CPR at the scene but it's hard to tell as his team mates were shielding him. Good to see they resorted to just outright lies f**k the BBC.

I saw him collapsing live. I just happened to be watching him run to the thrower to get the pass. Horrendous.

10 minutes ago, Left Back said:

If it’s abandoned before half time doesn’t that mean a full replay rather than restart?  Not that it matters really.

Restarts from where it stopped regardless of how long has been played.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

I saw him collapsing live. I just happened to be watching him run to the thrower to get the pass. Horrendous.

Yep. My mates and I usually WhatsApp each other during the fitba and the initial thoughts were that he had fainted because of the heat.

Yep. My mates and I usually WhatsApp each other during the fitba and the initial thoughts were that he had fainted because of the heat.

I’d glanced down and when I looked up he had collapsed, made the mistake of rewinding to see what happened thinking it was an off the ball incident or something.

I won’t do that ever again.

Feel sick to the stomach - horrible - fingers crossed that these positive messages are proven correct and that he recovers

The coverage (online at least) did go beyond what you would expect, one shot of CPR should have been enough to cut to a permanent long view or a break in the coverage

If it had been a lass with her chebs out they'd have cut away immediately and we'd have seen hee-haw!

Dutch TV apparently reported they’d spoken to Eriksen’s agent who says he’s conscious and speaking in the hospital. 

On Dutch TV they just spoke with his agent (who's Dutch btw) who had  spoken with Eriksen's dad, he said he's stable and speaking.

Horrible viewing, glad he's ok.

'Now cut to the close up of his distraught wife crying'

A TV producer out there actually said this or something similar.

Well that was absolutely terrifying. I had to get out of the house and take the dog for a walk to clear the head.

What relief to come back to the photos of him conscious and hearing he’s in hospital.

Horrific to watch.

Edited by Shuggie_Murray7

Seems wild that Lukaku and the Spurs boys are being expected to play in an hour 
They may rather play and have a couple of hours that they don't have to think about it.

Tonight's game cancelled? Stv airing a repeat of Tipping Point.