Jump to content

East Cup 2021-22


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Findla22 said:

Anyone know when and where the final is?

Linlithgow v Gala, presumably someone in Edinburgh or Midlothian? Rose have league games until 14th May so assuming they don't win the title I'm guessing it would be the 22nd (though that is SCC final day) or 28th.

Edited by Ginaro
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Linlithgow 3 Gala FR 1. 

Wonder if the City Cup will be played against the three SPFL clubs or just the two from this season?

Doesn't it count as a continuation of this season? So EC & Kelty in the draw with Linlithgow & Gala. 

The following season being the 3 SPFL & just the Qualifying Cup winner. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

It has been a while. So if anyone was wondering what the 'Qualifying' in East of Scotland Qualifying Cup is all about here you go.

24/09/2022 East of Scotland Cup 2021-22 Semi finals

FC Edinburgh v. Linlithgow Rose

Kelty Hearts v. Gala Fairydean Rovers

10/12/2022 East of Scotland Cup 2021-22 Final

FC Edinburgh/Linlithgow Rose v. Kelty Hearts/Gala Fairydean Rovers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It has been a while. So if anyone was wondering what the 'Qualifying' in East of Scotland Qualifying Cup is all about here you go.

24/09/2022 East of Scotland Cup 2021-22 Semi finals

FC Edinburgh v. Linlithgow Rose

Kelty Hearts v. Gala Fairydean Rovers

10/12/2022 East of Scotland Cup 2021-22 Final

FC Edinburgh/Linlithgow Rose v. Kelty Hearts/Gala Fairydean Rovers

Out of curiosity, do you know if the draw was open or seeded?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Yalay said:

Out of curiosity, do you know if the draw was open or seeded?

Traditionally for this semi final the league teams any two from Hibs,Hearts Meadowbank/Livingston Berwick Rangers were kept apart. 

I'm surprised Hearts B aren't in it and Kelty not contesting the Fife Cup. 

It's a cup also known as the City Cup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Traditionally for this semi final the league teams any two from Hibs,Hearts Meadowbank/Livingston Berwick Rangers were kept apart. 

I'm surprised Hearts B aren't in it and Kelty not contesting the Fife Cup. 

It's a cup also known as the City Cup.

Aren't Hearts and Hibs hived off into their own cup competition, the Shield?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Yalay said:

Out of curiosity, do you know if the draw was open or seeded?

Fairly sure it is, either that or it's a coincidence that all previous ones are SPFL v Qualifying cup finalists 

https://www.eosfl.com/resultslge/1046#fmft=1&pg=resultslge&pd=1046&fsea=all&fcomp1=37&fcomp1ShowAll=&fclub1ShowAll=&fclub2ShowAll=&frt=results&frefShowAll=

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/05/2022 at 17:31, FairWeatherFan said:

Doesn't it count as a continuation of this season? So EC & Kelty in the draw with Linlithgow & Gala. 

The following season being the 3 SPFL & just the Qualifying Cup winner. 

I assume this is some sort of bonus cup for winning the qualifying Cup?

Does winning this add on then qualify you for anything else?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

I assume this is some sort of bonus cup for winning the qualifying Cup?

Does winning this add on then qualify you for anything else?

 

Yes, the finalists of the qualifying cup qualify for this cup. This coming season, with three SPFL entrants, it will presumably be just the champion who qualifies.

Winning this cup earns you nothing but some silverware.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 27/06/2022 at 21:51, FairWeatherFan said:

24/09/2022 East of Scotland Cup 2021-22 Semi finals

FC Edinburgh v. Linlithgow Rose

Kelty Hearts v. Gala Fairydean Rovers

Forfar v Kelty and FC Edinburgh v Stranraer in the Challenge Cup on 24/8 - winnable ties for both so these may well be postponed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...