Annan Athletic Thread 2021/22

16 hours ago, Solway Star said:

Great result and performance from Annan today especially second half!

A decent performance from Fleming Moxon as always Swinglehurst and Chris Johnston!

onwards and upwards to Kelty next week

10 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Aye City were no a bad team- hit the post & the crossbar.

Nae idea about the penalty, shame the boy that got a bad injury tho- could tell no fakin.

Their fans liked the proximity of the drinking establishment   

Took this one in yesterday with the City fans (who were all a tremendous bunch of lads) as it was one of three grounds I've still to go to in the SPFL. 

The first half was quite an equal match. I felt City had the best of the chances with the two long ranged shots, and controlled the midfield really well. 

Second half, Annan stepped it up a gear and Johnstone in particular was tremendous at finding space down the right hand side. City really struggled with any link up play in the final third with See and Robertson being left on the bench. Annan were clinical and City were unfortunate given the hit the bar and the post along with a couple of chances from about six yards out. Moment of madness for the second goal, which was as clear a back-pass you'll see. The lad Goss put in an excellent shift, a complete nuisance up top while also constantly tracking back to help out in defence

Annan have a great wee set up both on and off the pitch. The social club obviously deserves all the praise it gets and it's great that they can close the front gate and get folk in for a pint at half time.  I really hope Rovers get a cup draw down there sometime soon so I can make another visit.