Annan Athletic Thread 2021/22

13 hours ago, Stevie Aitken's Love Child said:

Alright guys, how has Michael Garrity been doing on loan? I was personally a little disappointed when he was sent out, thought there was enough about him to be a decent squad option for us this season.

Michael Garrity looked very good for the opening 20 minutes of the match between Stenhousemuir and Annan Athletic last weekend and he caused us problems down our right-hand side with his dainty feet. He then, however, fell out of the match and was rarely involved thereafter.

• 2 weeks later...

The Annan guys are a bit quiet on here. 

Annan seem to blow hot and cold. They're in a good position in the League at the moment so are not to be taken lightly and have a good team but Edinburgh City won quite well down at Galabank a couple of months ago. 

It's telling that although we're playing Annan at home tomorrow night I have no idea whether it will be a win for us, a draw or a complete stuffing... my head says complete stuffing though...!

A good Bankies support will make for a decent atmosphere at Galabank and the Social Club there is an excellent facility so you should enjoy your day out win, lose or draw.  

ETA: Of course the game is at Holm Park.. I thought it was in Annan for some reason. What a fud. Ach weel, go for a draw, get a visit to the Annan Social Club and win the replay!! :lol:

Edited by tamthebam

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

A good Bankies support will make for a decent atmosphere at Galabank and the Social Club there is an excellent facility so you should enjoy your day out win, lose or draw.  

ETA: Of course the game is at Holm Park.. I thought it was in Annan for some reason. What a fud. Ach weel, go for a draw, get a visit to the Annan Social Club and win the replay!! :lol:

No replays in the Scottish Cup from 4th round either. 😉

Edited by Skyline Drifter

• 3 weeks later...

Another great performance from Annan yesterday away to Stirling Albion. Recovering from an early goal against them

Annaan completely dominated the game culminating in a 3-2 victory. Albion looked in second half as if they had nothing

to offer. A late goal only papered over the cracks for them! 
Now Annan have the daunting task of getting something from runaway leaders Kelty. All I can sat is that Annan are in a good place

and hopefully give Kelty a game.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/01/2022 at 13:25, holmparkheroes said:

A wee bit belated, ( was still greetin’ from last Saturday) just wanted to say well done, you stuck with it till the end and it paid off big style. Good luck against Rangers, hope you make a game of it and enjoy your day.

Brilliant day out,great service at the Bowling Club too.

A bit o cover on your terrace and things are going the right way.

Our manager was right- harsh the way it ended for Clydebank but thats the cup_ long may it continue.

• 3 weeks later...