New SPFL sponsor

From what I can gather Rangers have been technically within their rights to challenge this deal. It’s a bit of a stretch to say that Parks Motor Group are a direct competitor of cinch but obviously the technicalities have allowed them to argue that point and win. 

The real winners here are cinch though, who have probably got more exposure from the SPFL deal than they ever imagined. They do seem to be sponsoring absolutely everything these days. The SPFL deal is 5 years at £1.6 million a year. They are paying Tottenham £10 million a year for 5 years to be their sleeve sponsor. 

Doncaster is yet again exposed as incompetent, and Rangers are yet again exposed as the most insecure club in the country.

Win win for the rest of us.

The cinch deal runs for 5yrs. How long is the Rangers deal with Parks? Does that have a time on it? 

If their deal is for 3yrs will Rangers have to show Cinch branding after that period?

Could Rangers renew their deal with Parks and continue to not show Cinch branding now under the current rules?

18 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

So having the SPFL break their own rules makes us look 'pretty pathetic'?  Is that where you're going?

Rangers, as a club, are obsessed with taking on all football authorities, all football authority figures and broadcasters within Scottish football. I think the Cptn has a point.

12 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Rangers, as a club, are obsessed with taking on all football authorities, all football authority figures and broadcasters within Scottish football. I think the Cptn has a point.

2 + 2 = 5

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

To be fair Bennett is right, Rangers don't take on all football authorities, take UEFA for example, around them they angle their little arse in the air and bite the pillow. it's just locally they cut about all gallus.

Case in point, play Lyon at Ibrox, have 5% away fans as UEFA rules. 3 days later entertain Motherwell for their homemade flag raising and deny away fans due to safety issues.

No strops nor masking tape required with UEFA over actual shirt sponsors which are displayed on their shirts ..... Bwin which conflicts with 32Red or Hankook which conflicts with Tomket.

They did try to avoid the Green UEFA Respect logo which they got their knuckles wrapped for.

17 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

To be fair Bennett is right, Rangers don't take on all football authorities, take UEFA for example, around them they angle their little arse in the air and bite the pillow. it's just locally they cut about all gallus.

Case in point, play Lyon at Ibrox, have 5% away fans as UEFA rules. 3 days later entertain Motherwell for their homemade flag raising and deny away fans due to safety issues.

No strops nor masking tape required with UEFA over actual shirt sponsors which are displayed on their shirts ..... Bwin which conflicts with 32Red or Hankook which conflicts with Tomket.

They did try to avoid the Green UEFA Respect logo which they got their knuckles wrapped for.

I didn't make my post very clear. I was referring to within Scotland only for football authorities, football authority figures and broadcasters. Like any bully they are terrified of taking on the bigger fish in UEFA. 

On 21/06/2022 at 20:32, kingjoey said:

Fair point well made.  And you're an active poster on a forum which loves to greet about, "football authorities, all football authority figures and broadcasters within Scottish football."  The number and longevity of threads on these subjects backs up my assertion.

Unfortunately, you (collectively) love to girn about Rangers more.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Fair point well made.  And you're an active poster on a forum which loves to greet about, "football authorities, all football authority figures and broadcasters within Scottish football."  The number and longevity of threads on these subjects backs up my assertion.

We undoubtedly love it, and Rangers make it so easy for us.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Surely a sensible chap like you cannot deny that your club go out of their way to have continued battles with the Scottish football establishment, including continually wanting apologies for perceived injustices. Yet they don’t have the bottle to do the same with UEFA.

Rangers being seen to be at odds with authorities in Scotland is good for business. They feed and also understand their fans feelings towards, SFA, SPFL and the other clubs, there is no getting away from that.

It is also fair to say that Rangers, like the rest of us, can see that the TV deals, Sponsorship deals and general running of the game here is not up to scratch. Had the Cinch deal been materially important the Rangers, there is no danger they would rock the boat.

However, Rangers are part of the SPFL, they are one of the most influential clubs in the country and so they themselves need to take some blame too for where we all are. Also, it doesn't help sell the game (which in turn helps Rangers even more) if we have club(s) severely at odds with the governing bodies.

The only viable solution I can see is that Doncaster goes, there is a total clear out and a summit called for all clubs so that petty differences can be put aside and everyone can collectively grow the game. The BBC and Rangers need locked in a room and told to sort it out. Financially it is stupid for Rangers. For example, when SG was manager, it was inevitable he'd get more exposure down south, so BBC would want to interview him. When they did, should have been in front of sponsors board which increases value. And I know, Rangers will say it is the BBC not turning up etc, but needs sorting.

Edited by Theyellowbox

32 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

Rangers being seen to be at odds with authorities in Scotland is good for business. They feed and also understand their fans feelings towards, SFA, SPFL and the other clubs, there is no getting away from that.

It is also fair to say that Rangers, like the rest of us, can see that the TV deals, Sponsorship deals and general running of the game here is not up to scratch. Had the Cinch deal been materially important the Rangers, there is no danger they would rock the boat.

However, Rangers are part of the SPFL, they are one of the most influential clubs in the country and so they themselves need to take some blame too for where we all are. Also, it doesn't help sell the game (which in turn helps Rangers even more) if we have club(s) severely at odds with the governing bodies.

The only viable solution I can see is that Doncaster goes, there is a total clear out and a summit called for all clubs so that petty differences can be put aside and everyone can collectively grow the game. The BBC and Rangers need locked in a room and told to sort it out. Financially it is stupid for Rangers. For example, when SG was manager, it was inevitable he'd get more exposure down south, so BBC would want to interview him. When they did, should have been in front of sponsors board which increases value. And I know, Rangers will say it is the BBC not turning up etc, but needs sorting.

The TV and sponsorship deals are what people are willing to pay. People wanting more money are not realistic. I believe most large corporations have good marketing and statistical teams looking at opportunities and are only willing to pay for something that will give them a return on their investment and will obviously look to get it at the lowest value they can. If the SPFL had millions of people viewing it then we would get market value but instead we have a very small albeit hardcore following and very little outside casual fans unlike other leagues.

Doncaster is paid to be the face of the SPFL and take the brunt of the complaining, he could be removed but his replacement would have the same limits on what he is able to do.

A commissioner with no links to a club who gets voted in for say a 5yr spell with targets that they aim to achieve would be a better way but the clubs don't want to give up their power so we are stuck with this situation.