New SPFL sponsor

1 hour ago, Squonk said:

You are barking, as well as barking up the wrong tree. I have never posted on P&B as any other poster. I'm sure a friendly mod can confirm this using my IP address.

Simple question: Is SPFL CEO and SFA board member Neil Doncaster a competent and reliable football administrator whose actions and words engender trust? A simple Yes or No will suffice.

(Cue waffle, white noise, or avoidance.)

My learned friend protests too much.

56 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

You can tell it’s HBQC due to the volume of posts. 

I'm afraid your radar is as faulty as bennett's above. I've already invited any mod to check my posting history against whoever I'm supposedly accused of being. Short of that, I can only commend this HBQC poster for his/her posting style if I'm being mistaken for them.

You may note though that, unsurprisingly, not one supporter of the current club playing out of Ibrox has dared to answer my question about the competence and trustworthiness of Doncaster. He was the architect largely responsible for the biggest scam in Scottish sporting history; the myth of continuity of an incorporated football club following liquidation. Given recent events, neither he, nor the SFA or SPFL, can be cited any longer as a competent reference on any aspect of Scottish football. The new club has lost one of its key allies, to say nothing of football's chief fabricator. It's a wee shame, so it is.

7 minutes ago, Squonk said:

I'm afraid your radar is as faulty as bennett's above. I've already invited any mod to check my posting history against whoever I'm supposedly accused of being. Short of that, I can only commend this HBQC poster for his/her posting style if I'm being mistaken for them.

You may note though that, unsurprisingly, not one supporter of the current club playing out of Ibrox has dared to answer my question about the competence and trustworthiness of Doncaster. He was the architect largely responsible for the biggest scam in Scottish sporting history; the myth of continuity of an incorporated football club following liquidation. Given recent events, neither he, nor the SFA or SPFL, can be cited any longer as a competent reference on any aspect of Scottish football. The new club has lost one of its key allies, to say nothing of football's chief fabricator. It's a wee shame, so it is.

11918BE0-6EF4-4D9A-9FC8-E1D1C514A40C.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Squonk said:

Exactly what Hellbhoy would’ve said.

3 minutes ago, Orbix said:

Are you still trying to deflect a £200k (and rising) own goal by the SPFL with half arsed sevcoing?

I'm not deflecting anything. I'm stating the blatantly obvious fact that Doncaster's word is not law, contrary to what you lot have alluded to over the past decade. Not only is he fallible, he's incompetent and untrustworthy. Anything he says or has said has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

20 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Exactly what Hellbhoy would’ve said.

If Hellbhoy is a Celtic supporter as his username suggests, I have absolutely no love for the other cheek either. Check back on my posting history far enough and I can assure you that you will be left in no doubt. It beggars belief that I'm having to waste time and energy denying that I'm posters I've never even heard of while the substance of my argument is totally ignored, or conveniently dismissed as 'sevcoing' by adherents of the Church of the Miraculous Resurrection, Govan Congregation.

Edited by Squonk

On 15/06/2022 at 20:13, craigkillie said:

It's obviously a loss for the SPFL, but it doesn't seem to have had any material impact on them and you'd imagine the rule will be updated by the time the next sponsorship deal comes around.

How?  You either respect existing contracts or you think they should be ignored.  The latter is not tenable.

A better option is that the CEO be updated as Doncaster clearly made a baws of this.

Edited by The_Kincardine

If Rangers signed a contract to broadcast all of their games on BT Sport then that wouldn't be permitted under the SPFL rules around broadcasting. The SPFL could implement similar rules around sponsorship if the clubs voted for it.

They run the competition and if you want to play in it you have to abide by their rules.

11 hours ago, G51 said:

The rule will remain in place, because there's no way the Old Firm are going to agree to let their own commercial deals be diminished or potentially voided just because Neil Doncaster manages to arrange a title sponsor worth about eight quid a year.

Again, so why were the three main competitions sponsored by betting companies when both Rangers and Celtic were sponsored by alternative ones. This has got f**k all to do with commercial deals and all about Rangers acting Billy big baws. They have been proved right but if this was kelty hearts or stranraer for example saying 'well the league haven't done due diligence on this deal because we have an existing sponsorship deal with Dod's Garage and he sells a few cars' they'd rightly be viewed as petty. 

The SPFL have clearly fucked up but to view Rangers as anything other than throwing their toys out of the pram to suit their own agenda is to ignore the issue. 

For what's it's worth, if, and it's a big if, Rangers were to win the league next season, I'd hope Cinch, as title sponsor, would be within their rights to not allow them any sort of public display of their success. Everyone else gets ribbons on the trophy, sponsor boards for them to be behind. It could be like Barcelona. 

If Rangers signed a contract to broadcast all of their games on BT Sport then that wouldn't be permitted under the SPFL rules around broadcasting. The SPFL could implement similar rules around sponsorship if the clubs voted for it.

They run the competition and if you want to play in it you have to abide by their rules.

It’s a simple tweak to the rules, you can’t sign a contract that blocks any league sponsors being advertised. Wonder if uefa have a similar rule, just cinch to advertise the European trophies (they seem to sponsor everything else)

The vast majority of blame here lies with Doncaster no doubt but rangers/parks haven’t acted in good faith. Sounds like they heard what was coming with cinch and entered into this contract with Parks to not advertise any competitors to parks’ used car business (including not sponsoring parks’ used car business) but hey it’s worked they get to tape up all cinch signs going forward and not look pathetic doing it.

52 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

How?  You either respect existing contracts or you think they should be ignored.  The latter is not tenable.

A better option is that the CEO be updated as Doncaster clearly made a baws of this.

UEFA doesn't have anything similar in its rules. Clubs just have to go with the sponsorship they arrange. Clubs are supposed to respect the existing arrangements they have with other clubs through the competition authorities and not go giving exclusivity that isn’t theirs to give.