New SPFL sponsor

5 minutes ago, coprolite said:

The SPFL have dropped a bollock by including rule 17.

Rule 17 in itself looks fairly straightforward but the scenario engineered deliberately and maliciously by Rangers brought rule 17 into conflict with other rules about clubs' obligations. That conflict meant that how rule 17 applied in practice was not obvious. Only a fucking idiot would fail to recognise that. 

The scenario engineered deliberately and maliciously by telling Neil Doncaster that we couldn't enter into a contract that he subsequently signed on our behalf? Good shout, does sound like Rangers were the party acting maliciously there.

Rule I7 is provided to prevent exactly this kind of thing from happening. Clubs will have contractual obligations to honour because the SPFL allows clubs to negotiate commercial deals individually rather than collectively. If the SPFL cannot find a title sponsor because of this, then it means a) commercial contracts need to be centralised (something I've always said we should do anyway under competent leadership), or b) the SPFL need to negotiate a title sponsor that either all the parties can get on board with, or delivers a fee at such a sum that the parties can break their contractual obligations and still remain profitable.

And this is the crux of it really. If the cinch deal was worth £10m a year, this wouldn't even be a conversation. But it's a truly pathetic sum of money that we had to pay an agency to find for us. We're run by a collection of absolute clowns.

12 minutes ago, G51 said:

The scenario engineered deliberately and maliciously by telling Neil Doncaster that we couldn't enter into a contract that he subsequently signed on our behalf? Good shout, does sound like Rangers were the party acting maliciously there.

Rule I7 is provided to prevent exactly this kind of thing from happening. Clubs will have contractual obligations to honour because the SPFL allows clubs to negotiate commercial deals individually rather than collectively. If the SPFL cannot find a title sponsor because of this, then it means a) commercial contracts need to be centralised (something I've always said we should do anyway under competent leadership), or b) the SPFL need to negotiate a title sponsor that either all the parties can get on board with, or delivers a fee at such a sum that the parties can break their contractual obligations and still remain profitable.

And this is the crux of it really. If the cinch deal was worth £10m a year, this wouldn't even be a conversation. But it's a truly pathetic sum of money that we had to pay an agency to find for us. We're run by a collection of absolute clowns.

You don't think Rangers engineered the dispute? Incredible. 

I agree the bit in bold. No one comes out of this well, except Cinch do not too badly. 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

You don't think Rangers engineered the dispute? Incredible. 

I agree the bit in bold. No one comes out of this well, except Cinch do not too badly. 

I have no doubt that Rangers acted in bad faith. But the SPFL did too, by signing a contract that it knew Rangers couldn't fulfill. That was either through malicious intent or complete incompetence. We pay Neil Doncaster nearly £500k a year to be one of those two things - you can decide which it was.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

I have no doubt that Rangers acted in bad faith. But the SPFL did too, by signing a contract that it knew Rangers couldn't fulfill. That was either through malicious intent or complete incompetence. We pay Neil Doncaster nearly £500k a year to be one of those two things - you can decide which it was.

It can be both

2 hours ago, Squonk said:

Try playing the ball instead of the man. Your reply simply reinforces the fact that you can't counter my argument without resorting to personal insults. Put simply, you are simultaneously slaughtering Doncaster as woefully incompetent, while praising him as a paragon of virtue who is the sole arbiter on the matter of club continuity following liquidation, a subject on which he is apparently infallible and his judgement and expertise cannot be questioned. I'm sure you can see the hypocrisy/double standards.

People Infallibility? Now that's ironic.

Did we ever find out who received the £500,000 commission fee for introducing Cinch to Neil Doncaster. 

Pretty strange when Cinch Executive Robert Bridge previously worked closely with Murdoch MacLennan. 

Just now, craigkillie said:

Seems like your big pals Celtic aren't coming to the rescue after all, and even if there is a mistake then presumably the other 41 clubs can then vote that through too.

It's funny that whenever Neil Doncaster makes a f**k up, even one as hideously embarrassing this, you'll be found on P&B defending him.

Still doing blog posts for the SPFL aye?

1 minute ago, G51 said:

It's funny that whenever Neil Doncaster makes a f**k up, even one as hideously embarrassing this, you'll be found on P&B defending him.

Still doing blog posts for the SPFL aye?

I've been critical of the SPFL plenty, this is just a case where I think everyone not connected to Rangers can see exactly what is happening.

I could call him a c**t on here and it would have no impact on the work I do every weekend - he has no idea who I am and definitely doesn't need me or anyone else fighting his corner on the internet given that his job basically exists to be the guy who is called a c**t.

Just now, craigkillie said:

I've been critical of the SPFL plenty, this is just a case where I think everyone not connected to Rangers can see exactly what is happening.

I could call him a c**t on here and it would have no impact on the work I do every weekend - he has no idea who I am and definitely doesn't need me or anyone else fighting his corner on the internet given that his job basically exists to be the guy who is called a c**t.

Exactly.

27 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

That’s a great shout 

he was sevcoing before it was cool the old QC

Completely deranged 

You are barking, as well as barking up the wrong tree. I have never posted on P&B as any other poster. I'm sure a friendly mod can confirm this using my IP address.

Simple question: Is SPFL CEO and SFA board member Neil Doncaster a competent and reliable football administrator whose actions and words engender trust? A simple Yes or No will suffice.

(Cue waffle, white noise, or avoidance.)

1 minute ago, Squonk said:

You are barking, as well as barking up the wrong tree. I have never posted on P&B as any other poster. I'm sure a friendly mod can confirm this using my IP address.

Simple question: Is SPFL CEO and SFA board member Neil Doncaster a competent and reliable football administrator whose actions and words engender trust? A simple Yes or No will suffice.

(Cue waffle, white noise, or avoidance.)

Ok QC . Keep on sevcoing 

3 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Ok QC . Keep on sevcoing 

So I was correct; avoidance. Plus the obligatory clutching at straws and false accusations of course.

Neil Doncaster, one of the leading authors and purveyors of the five way agreement and continuity myth is shown up for the incompetent jobsworth that we all knew he was. Only, you bluenoses daren't admit to it too vocally, because it totally demolishes Doncaster's validity and integrity about the <cough> same club nonsense.   

1 minute ago, Squonk said:

So I was correct; avoidance. Plus the obligatory clutching at straws and false accusations of course.

Neil Doncaster, one of the leading authors and purveyors of the five way agreement and continuity myth is shown up for the incompetent jobsworth that we all knew he was. Only, you bluenoses daren't admit to it too vocally, because it totally demolishes Doncaster's validity and integrity about the <cough> same club nonsense.