New SPFL sponsor

1 minute ago, ropy said:

If this doesn’t get resolved (in the SPFL’s favour) what will Rangers do if they happen to win the league? Refuse to touch a trophy with ribbons on?

They made their own flag, so i guess they 'll sort out their own trophy too. Should be able to pick up a reasonably priced one with a wee golfer on the top in Barnardos. 

Lest we forget, the SPFL and SFA that the current iteration of Rangers is crucifying for their incompetence is the same SPFL and SFA that are cited by Rangers* as paragons of virtue on the solitary matter of 'same club.' They are incapable of being wrong and their word is their bond.

The ASA, ECA, UEFA and FIFA (and quite possibly the RAC, AA, FBI, CIA and YMCA) all treat the current club playing out of Ibrox as if it was the defunct club.

However, this is entirely predicated on the Scottish football authorities' pretence that Rangers' liquidation was somehow different to those of Third Lanark, Airdrieonians or Gretna FC, all of which football clubs were also businesses/companies constituted identically to Rangers, but none of them financially important enough to affect broadcasting and other commercial contracts.

Douglas Park's recent call for transparency should be acted upon, firstly by revealing the contents of the secretive five-way agreement, a uniquely concocted contract between one member club and the football authorities that was drafted to pretend that a defunct member club had merely undertaken a change of ownership. 

It's also worth remembering that the Ibrox club had a season ticket admitting entry to a variety of courtrooms over the past few years involving a revolving door of comically embarrassing botched litigation, which resulted in a 99% loss rate.

Much as I despise the football authorities, long may it continue.

Edited by Squonk

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any idea what’s happening with the tribunal for this now we know parks get a seat at the table?

Or do the spfl just hope that cinch aren’t noticing one team isn’t using their logo and hope to collect the cheque at the end of the season regardless?

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/12/2021 at 07:57, steelmen said:

Anyone have any idea what’s happening with the tribunal for this now we know parks get a seat at the table?

Or do the spfl just hope that cinch aren’t noticing one team isn’t using their logo and hope to collect the cheque at the end of the season regardless?

Nothing on the Tribunal just yet, but in an interesting twist;

Scottish Football Podcast

BBC Radio Scotland - Scottish Football Podcast, Sportsound Podcast : 20 Dec 21. Shaun Maloney announced by Hibs, Kyogo's brilliance plus Monday Sportsound highlights.

Richard Gordon?, Tom English, Darryl Broadfoot

[25:13]

[RG] Well lets talk about investment, we're putting together a review of 2021, we're gonna get to that in a few minutes time. We're looking at various debates around the battle involving Cinch, the SPFL, the SFA and Rangers. Someone asked the question around the office; 'What on Earth is happening with that right now?' Because we haven't heard an update, we know there have been various small ones - would that be fair to say? - from Rangers in the courtroom?

[TE] Very legalese, Rangers and Parks have won each round I believe. [] Funnily enough the issue was raised at the SPFL board meeting today, and it was mentioned that the SFA Compliance Officer is considering or will be considering a claim that the SPFL is in breach of the SFA's own articles in connection with the Cinch deal. Darryl might shed some light on that for us, are the SFA kind of looking at the SPFL and what they've done on this?

[DB] It's a worry when Tom brings me up to date with news as he bounds in before coming on air. Listen, Judicial Panel Protocol is relatively straightforward in that complaints come in, or alleged breaches come in, and it's up to the Compliance Officer (or the Director of Governance is involved, he's started as well); but ultimately if anybody alleges a rule breach it has to be looked at. [] When you're looking at something as you've outlined, I would imagine that would involve more lawyers getting more money to get to the point whether it is or isn't a breach. [] When we talk about how you grow the revenue [and] how you make Scottish Football marketable - and I've said this often enough and apologise to all my lawyer friends - [] the one sure certainty in Scottish Football is that lawyers get rich. [] We've not got to arbitration yet, that's still down the road, but the meter's still running. [] It wouldn't surprise me if very soon we get to a situation where the legal fees in this case end up almost in advance of the sponsorship deal in itself. That's Scottish Football's challenge, too quick to get into the legal ring, and not quick enough to invest in marketing and things that will give you commercial benefit.

[TE] Is is true though Darryl - that you know of - that the SFA are looking at or are considering looking at the SPFL re the Cinch deal?

[DB] I think you said off air that there was an issue and that you were aware of it, so that would be the same from the Scottish FA. But obviously as I said there's Judicial Panel Protocols that need to be respected before any notification, effectively its one that will be under review, and the process is pretty sophisticated by now [that] if there is an alleged breach it gets published." 

[removed some conjunctions]

Be interesting to see whether the SFA decide to move forwards with it and if any more information about what the alleged breach could be comes to light.

Doesn't look great for the SPFL's case though.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I was discussing with Rangers fans at the weekend who assured me Rangers have won the case against Cinch??? I can't find news of that anywhere.

Is this issue finished?

If so are Cinch still sponsoring the league while one of the main teams doesn't advertise them?

is there any changes to the financial terms in this scenario?

28 minutes ago, Charles Stiles said:

I take it now the season's over and the bigots have achieved their goal of not using Cinch while disrupting the game, the issue can be quietly resolved without upsetting them too much.

It's a five year deal.

On 30/05/2022 at 12:12, ahemps said:

I was discussing with Rangers fans at the weekend who assured me Rangers have won the case against Cinch??? I can't find news of that anywhere.

Is this issue finished?

If so are Cinch still sponsoring the league while one of the main teams doesn't advertise them?

is there any changes to the financial terms in this scenario?

Rangers don't have a case against Cinch.

Just now, Ray Patterson said:

Suppose there's nothing stopping the SPFL from changing the rule in question from next season onwards.

Rangers can't veto it.

Eh?  The SPFL rule book should be torn up b'cos Doncaster made a baws of it?  Are you unhinged?