New SPFL sponsor

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

You see here is the problem, if this was a club not known for over egging the pudding, not putting out pointless sabre rattling statements or not insinuating that there is a national agenda against their club then I would be more willing to take things on face value. Perhaps there is some legal loophole Ranger's lawyers have found, perhaps Doncaster has made a rip roaring c**t of things, perhaps....

...but the problem then is Rangers are a club known for over egging the pudding, for putting out pointless statements and for insinuating a country wide conspiracy against them.

Yep, I completely appreciate that. I don't have any issue with people being sceptical about it. I know just as well as most that our legal battles over the years have normally gone terribly so I'm not ruling out that it's a case of the club being deliberately awkward.

I'm just adding a bit of balance in the sense that I can't imagine Rangers contesting it unless they have reason to believe there is a genuine contractual breach that they've taken legal advice over.

It may well be that advice is wrong, I just can't see it simply being a case of Douglas Park being unhappy about another car dealership getting advertising space on our jerseys and stadium. There would need to be more to it than that.

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

There’s a risk here of the debate being polarised between people defending Rangers actions and people defending Neil Doncaster

You missed my post when I said everyone was shite.

appreciate not everyone is as learned as myself though. 

Edited by Dons_1988

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Oh, i see what you mean. I thought you meant winning the league. Did Rangers not spectacularly fail the last time they took on the spfl over the season ending? 

No, I said Doncaster was inept, you said, not as bad as Rangers, I said not as bad as the diddies and after all this horrific patter we have wound up here. 

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I was just highlighting the risk. Luckily people like us are here to mitigate that risk

To my mind, Rangers is that fanny at work that picks a fight over absolutely everything. 

Doncaster is the guy going ‘no it’ll be fine, they surely can’t be that petty’. Which makes him just as much of an idiot. 

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

To my mind, Rangers is that fanny at work that picks a fight over absolutely everything. 

Doncaster is the guy going ‘no it’ll be fine, they surely can’t be that petty’. Which makes him just as much of an idiot. 

And whichever lawyer  signed off this contract for cinch seems to be a muppet.

although it’s an easy game from the stands

1 hour ago, SANTAN said:

Maybe in this situation we will see. Generally speaking Rangers are the least inept thing in Scottish football. 

That'll be why you died then. 

38 minutes ago, Frank Sobotka said:

It's just Rangers being awkward, throwing their weight about and trying to pick a fight with the SPFL because they don't like the way the SPFL is run. Not liking the way the SPFL is run is of course a very valid opinion. Trying to trash a league wide sponsorship deal is the wrong way to go about it.

The most likely outcome here is that Rangers quietly back down and the whole trying to scupper a sponsorship deal that could adversely affect some of the other 41 clubs is completely memory holed by their fans and our media.

I'm not convinced that's the most likely option, because The Rangers' board are a bunch of seething clowns who have their fanbase wrapped around their little finger yet again. Unless there is a severe and realistic set of sanctions on the cards, there's little incentive for such an irrational actor to back down. 

Just now, virginton said:

That'll be why you died then. 

I'm not convinced that's the most likely option, because The Rangers' board are a bunch of seething clowns who have their fanbase wrapped around their little finger yet again. Unless there is a severe and realistic set of sanctions on the cards, there's little incentive for such an irrational actor to back 

Everybody dies at some point Gordo.

Muhammed Ali isn't inept at Boxing because he died. 

Rangers bending over backwards for a second hand car salesman really must make their main shirt sponsor feel like a mug when their top has been worn in the Ladbrokes Premiership and the BetFred Cup and is still being worn in the William Hill Scottish Cup.

The cinch league champions are at it and should be pursued for the £8m should the deal be pulled.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

If he bankrupted himself buying new gloves then died throwing a punch, missing and falling head first through the ropes onto the ground outside he would be. 

I concede defeat. 

17 minutes ago, SANTAN said:

No, I said Doncaster was inept, you said, not as bad as Rangers, I said not as bad as the diddies and after all this horrific patter we have wound up here. 

I'm baffled and can't tell whether it's because you're a genius or an idiot

24 minutes ago, AJF said:

I'm just adding a bit of balance in the sense that I can't imagine Rangers contesting it unless they have reason to believe there is a genuine contractual breach that they've taken legal advice over.

I'll be brutally honest here, I absolutely can imagine them doing that. If only to try and prove a point.  If the deal is so terrible then why is only one club complaining, and surely if your track record is what it is, you'd think the best optics you'll have is to join in with other clubs rather than ploughing a lone furrow and setting up another "us and them" spat.

It's not been a good set of optics recently for your club, at least off the field, and I just don't see any possible benefits from going 'toe to toe' with the authorities.

14 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

If he bankrupted himself buying new gloves then died throwing a punch, missing and falling head first through the ropes onto the ground outside he would be. 

In fact he died of Parkinson’s which was probably a result of the risks he took prolonging his career too long, refusing to accept that his remarkable period of dominance over his peers had come to an end. Winding up a sad shadow of his former self

you can probably drag a metaphor out of that 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Isn't the issue the value Rangers place on sponsorship from anywhere? ie they sold shirt sponsorship to company A for £x, now cinch are getting s similar deal for £y.

Rangers are now aggrieved on behalf of company A.

Fūck them both I say.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson