New SPFL sponsor

35 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Great deal for Cinch if true. Masses of publicity for a brand very few had heard of a few months ago and they only have to cough up a fraction of that £8m. 

And the SPFL to chase Rangers for the missing £8m?

9 minutes ago, dublin_bud said:

And the SPFL to chase Rangers for the missing £8m?

Rangers to tell them to whistle, but Parks of Hamilton graciously step in at last minute with a £2m sponsorship offer. Rangers "save" Scottish football. 

54 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If there’s one thing that’ll definitely help the SPFL negotiate a better sponsorship deal, it’ll be having their current sponsorship deal very publicly fall apart leaving them scrambling around looking for a new one. Can’t see any way that doesn’t put them in a position of strength in negotiations. 

Don't panic, there'll be a pawn shop or a loan shark just around the corner.

I'd go the whole hog...get some car wash or nail bars to sponsor.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

If there’s one thing that’ll definitely help the SPFL negotiate a better sponsorship deal, it’ll be having their current sponsorship deal very publicly fall apart leaving them scrambling around looking for a new one. Can’t see any way that doesn’t put them in a position of strength in negotiations. 

Spot on. Regardless of the reasoning, what company is going to want to get involved if they think their deal will get pissed all over and they end up with negative publicity? What happens if we do get another sponsor and say Aberdeen take issue as it cuts across one of their sponsorship deals.

1 hour ago, Theyellowbox said:

Spot on. Regardless of the reasoning, what company is going to want to get involved if they think their deal will get pissed all over and they end up with negative publicity? What happens if we do get another sponsor and say Aberdeen take issue as it cuts across one of their sponsorship deals.

Their issues with it get ignored as they're not one half of anything

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Very but slightly less inept than Rangers. It's like three stooges v the keystone cops. 

I expect nothing less than a dossier on this. 

Maybe in this situation we will see. Generally speaking Rangers are the least inept thing in Scottish football. 

22 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

What's the latest? Googling just gives me loads of rangers fan sites opinion.

I don't think anybody actually knows at the moment what the specific issue is other than the SPFL and Rangers.

It started off with folk speculating it was to do with Parks and that then moved onto potential issues with sleeve sponsors so I don't think anybody actually knows for sure at the moment.

Just now, AJF said:

I don't think anybody actually knows at the moment what the specific issue is other than the SPFL and Rangers.

It started off with folk speculating it was to do with Parks and that then moved onto potential issues with sleeve sponsors so I don't think anybody actually knows for sure at the moment.

Oh that's definitely to do with Parks.

I assumed there was further update.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

It started off with folk speculating it was to do with Parks and that then moved onto potential issues with sleeve sponsors so I don't think anybody actually knows for sure at the moment

They're both related though. (Allegedly) Rangers didn't put the sponsor on their sleeve because cinch is a competitor of Parks, not necessarily moving on or finding different reasons etc