New SPFL sponsor

5 minutes ago, Ric said:

You know... it's funny how rabid and bitter I am about Rangers, yet very rarely post in the Rangers thread and almost never post in the specific sub forum set up for them and Celtic. That seems to draw quite a contrast to the picture you paint.

Let's look at the facts, your club were obliged to display sponsorship and they petulantly refused to do so. This is a long line of typically petulant actions which have resulted in the club posting repeated tear stained statements littered with wild claims of professional impropriety and litigatory fantasy. So you'll forgive me if I don't seem overly convinced of Rangers being an innocent party here.

Oh dear.... it's quality, not quantity. You could have only posted once about Rangers and it would be evident your bitterness and feelings. Quite why you thought your lack of posts proves anything is a bit of a silly logical leap to make in all honestly. 

So your second petulant part just goes back to what I initially said... Give yourself a pat on the back you're definitely showing everyone you're not a fan of Rangers. Staunch. 

Edited by SANTAN

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

I note you say nothing about the topic, only doubling down on the ad hominem.

There's nothing to say on the topic until more details are released.... plenty to say on your hysterical shrieking in the meantime.

So, if Rangers issue is that as a product, we are under selling ourselves commercially via TV and sponsorship, then I think we can all agree that they are correct, no?

If that is genuinely the case and Rangers think there is better commercial deals to be had, then as a member of the SPFL, did they try and put the right folk in touch and if not, why not? If that is the case and the SPFL didnt act, then the SPFL are right to be had a go at.

If none if this is true and it is the case that Rangers aren't happy because of the sponsor being a rival to their chairman they are kicking up a fuss, then Rangers are right to be had a go at.

I suspect, the reality is somewhere in between. The deals are too low (we all know that) and probably Park would accept a rival company as a sponsor if the deal was too good to turn down, which he likely thinks it is not.

What is concerning is;  a) what if cinch decide to walk away and tear up the agreement? Will Rangers help find a replacement? As someone said, cinch will have factored in one of the big clubs carrying their logo etc  B) what if another company is say another betting company, do Celtic and Rangers throw toys out of pram as it clashes with their shirt sponsors?

And finally c) (probably the most concerning), why would any other sponsor get involved in the future if one of the clubs kicks up a fuss and refuses to wear their logo, regardless of the reasoning? 

Edited by Theyellowbox

6 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

So, if Rangers issue is that as a product, we are under selling ourselves commercially via TV and sponsorship, then I think we can all agree that they are correct, no?

Yes but that doesn't mean they can go breaching the sponsorship rules of the agreement. The deal is in place and all clubs should adhere to the rules in place...they'd be quick enough to accept any prize money from them

1 minute ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Yes but that doesn't mean they can go breaching the sponsorship rules of the agreement. The deal is in place and all clubs should adhere to the rules in place...they'd be quick enough to accept any prize money from them

Oh, I 100% agree. No one should be refusing to wear the logo etc. Just observing that their complaint is probably accurate. The actions thereafter are wrong. They are a member club, so must have 'agreed' to the deal. If their protestations are on record at the time, then at least they'd be consistent.

If Rangers genuinely think there is a better deal to be had, then why did we not have it last season and what was nothing put in front if the SPFL?

I think this is a dangerous route for a club to go down.

All for a club defending a position, but you do have to wonder if the BBC boycott, refusing to wear title sponsor on shirt and attempts to control media access are all part of a bigger problem?

What sort of response from other clubs and the authorities do you think Saints would get if we banned sky from showing games at McDiarmid banned other clubs media/charged national media and refused to allows say Mitre supply the balls and instead used Macron ball? 

We would get hammered with fines and points deduction etc and rightfully so. 

29 minutes ago, Clown Job said:

Don’t know how accurate the figures are that are being quoted 

About right if the 1.6m a season being touted is true. 

The selling point of this deal while slightly less than the previous deal getting a sponsor to sign up to a 5 year deal as that gives stability

1 minute ago, Mr Positive, sometimes. said:

About right if the 1.6m a season being touted is true. 

The selling point of this deal while slightly less than the previous deal getting a sponsor to sign up to a 5 year deal as that gives stability

So it's purely about the who and not the amount then.

There is surely a big leap between thinking it is a shite deal and then outright refusing to promote the product.

Absolutely no doubt in my mind that Doncaster and co are at the UK's Brexit negotiating team's level of incompetence when it comes to getting good deals. But that doesnt make it right for Rangers to just refuse to promote the sponsor. I've said it on the Rangers thread, its just another way for the club to play up to the us v them shite that the club and their fans love so much.

See the ongoing BBC pish as another example.