Jump to content

Whitehill Welfare 21/22


Recommended Posts

15 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Any of the FP Faithful there today?

Aye comfortably beaten the score didnt really merit the game. 

Broxburn keeper could've brought a rug and a picnic basket was hardly tested at all. 

Early days midweek trip to Perth next.

Who knows ,a league that produces the odd shock scoreline one win might just spur the lads on. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Aye comfortably beaten the score didnt really merit the game. 

Broxburn keeper could've brought a rug and a picnic basket was hardly tested at all. 

Early days midweek trip to Perth next.

Who knows ,a league that produces the odd shock scoreline one win might just spur the lads on. 

 

Aye Newky there were rays of hope on Tuesday as Camelon might be challenging at the top. Couldnae make it yesterday as I had to deliver the missus across to Fife but would have been interested to see how they followed up. This is what happened last season, all the pointless teams slowly got points and pulled away. Jeanfield are always decent at home.

Edited by The Mantis
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Aye Newky there were rays of hope on Tuesday as Camelon might be challenging at the top. Couldnae make it yesterday as I had to deliver the missus across to Fife but would have been interested to see how they followed up. This is what happened last season, all the pointless teams slowly got points and pulled away. Jeanfield are always decent at home.

A tough 90 mins ahead for sure. 

Wi 5 possibly going down it's a gonnae take a massive effort  to stay up.

Early days yet though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

It's the sort of thing Welfare used to do to City in the glory days so I feel your pain.... slightly... :lol:

Funny you should say that..ive been thinking for a while that we were a team that didn't know how to lose  to one that doesn't know how to win, a long period between them but thats just what we are now...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, magoo said:

2 nil up in 87mins..and lost...unbelievable 

I couldn’t actually believe what I was seeing.  It really was quite an epic turn around / or an epic throw away depending on your persuasion.  Great game for a neutral visitor today. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, RedLichty said:

I couldn’t actually believe what I was seeing.  It really was quite an epic turn around / or an epic throw away depending on your persuasion.  Great game for a neutral visitor today. 

What was sending off for? 

Was it deserved?

Do you think ww wi 11 players wouldve held on for the win? 

Seem to be lacking a wee bit discipline here or is it experience as another game goes by without the full 11 on the park?

Massive game against fellow strugglers LTHV next week,if we want to kick start the season that's a must win game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

What was sending off for? 

Was it deserved?

Do you think ww wi 11 players wouldve held on for the win? 

Seem to be lacking a wee bit discipline here or is it experience as another game goes by without the full 11 on the park?

Massive game against fellow strugglers LTHV next week,if we want to kick start the season that's a must win game. 

God knows Newky information at a premium. 
 

Anderson has plenty of experience and few have more than Wayne and the Manager who was on the pitch. 
 

Throwing away leads, losing to 10 men, pumpings ... the result ends up the same. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

What was sending off for? 

Was it deserved?

Do you think ww wi 11 players wouldve held on for the win? 

Seem to be lacking a wee bit discipline here or is it experience as another game goes by without the full 11 on the park?

Massive game against fellow strugglers LTHV next week,if we want to kick start the season that's a must win game. 

This is a Blackburn perspective but hopefully not completely blinkered.
Teams at the bottom simply lose the winning habit. Blackburn went into the game against Sauchie midweek as "favourites" with points on the board and they were poor. Sauchie, even with 10 men, looked like holding on to their win. Blackburn went into the game again as "favourites" but Whitehill dominated the first half. Two similar looking goals, clever work from the striker, Blackburn not at the races and Whitehill looking very good value for their lead. Second half Blackburn start a wee bit better and doubt starts to show in Whitehill's play. They had a huge chance of a 3rd with a near repeat of the move that saw the first two goals but blew it. It wasn't a dirty game but fouls creeping into Whitehill's game and some loss of discipline with a lot of dissent towards the officials. The red card was for a second yellow, looked a foul but maybe the ref had seen the boy foul a few times. Whitehill decide to hold on to their lead and drop deep and 87th minute Blackburn have a free kick and in front of the ref the full back hauls down the Blackburn centre half. The equaliser and winner were both very fine strikes from outside the area (I think!) giving the goalie no chance. A bit unreal but just had a sense of something could still happen even at 85 minutes and 2 down. Whitehill looked really decent the first half but FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) in the second, Blackburn with the brakes off at the end looked dangerous with waves of attacks. Some win for Blackburn and a very sore one for Whitehill to get over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, PastyMan said:

This is a Blackburn perspective but hopefully not completely blinkered.
Teams at the bottom simply lose the winning habit. Blackburn went into the game against Sauchie midweek as "favourites" with points on the board and they were poor. Sauchie, even with 10 men, looked like holding on to their win. Blackburn went into the game again as "favourites" but Whitehill dominated the first half. Two similar looking goals, clever work from the striker, Blackburn not at the races and Whitehill looking very good value for their lead. Second half Blackburn start a wee bit better and doubt starts to show in Whitehill's play. They had a huge chance of a 3rd with a near repeat of the move that saw the first two goals but blew it. It wasn't a dirty game but fouls creeping into Whitehill's game and some loss of discipline with a lot of dissent towards the officials. The red card was for a second yellow, looked a foul but maybe the ref had seen the boy foul a few times. Whitehill decide to hold on to their lead and drop deep and 87th minute Blackburn have a free kick and in front of the ref the full back hauls down the Blackburn centre half. The equaliser and winner were both very fine strikes from outside the area (I think!) giving the goalie no chance. A bit unreal but just had a sense of something could still happen even at 85 minutes and 2 down. Whitehill looked really decent the first half but FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) in the second, Blackburn with the brakes off at the end looked dangerous with waves of attacks. Some win for Blackburn and a very sore one for Whitehill to get over.

A good summary Pasty.  We were rotten first half, poorest performance of the season and McIntosh continually caused us problems at the back. Second half we dominated more although only a great block kept us in it and stopped McIntosh getting a hattrick.  Welfare gradually fell deeper and deeper and I commented that a goal would see them panic, then a sending off for a second yellow and a penalty with three minutes to go gave us that chance. Blackburn battered Welfare for the remaining minutes and two fantastic strikes gave us the three points that nobody expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PastyMan said:

Whitehill looked really decent the first half but FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) in the second, Blackburn with the brakes off at the end looked dangerous with waves of attacks. Some win for Blackburn and a very sore one for Whitehill to get over.

This gives a whole new meaning to needing to get rid of the FUD PastyMan. 

The club has had more Managers than wins in recent seasons hopefully Kiddo can turn it around. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is a Blackburn perspective but hopefully not completely blinkered.
Teams at the bottom simply lose the winning habit. Blackburn went into the game against Sauchie midweek as "favourites" with points on the board and they were poor. Sauchie, even with 10 men, looked like holding on to their win. Blackburn went into the game again as "favourites" but Whitehill dominated the first half. Two similar looking goals, clever work from the striker, Blackburn not at the races and Whitehill looking very good value for their lead. Second half Blackburn start a wee bit better and doubt starts to show in Whitehill's play. They had a huge chance of a 3rd with a near repeat of the move that saw the first two goals but blew it. It wasn't a dirty game but fouls creeping into Whitehill's game and some loss of discipline with a lot of dissent towards the officials. The red card was for a second yellow, looked a foul but maybe the ref had seen the boy foul a few times. Whitehill decide to hold on to their lead and drop deep and 87th minute Blackburn have a free kick and in front of the ref the full back hauls down the Blackburn centre half. The equaliser and winner were both very fine strikes from outside the area (I think!) giving the goalie no chance. A bit unreal but just had a sense of something could still happen even at 85 minutes and 2 down. Whitehill looked really decent the first half but FUD (fear, uncertainty and doubt) in the second, Blackburn with the brakes off at the end looked dangerous with waves of attacks. Some win for Blackburn and a very sore one for Whitehill to get over.

Given the balance of play over the 90 (plus!) minutes I think a draw would have been a fair result had it finished 2-2 - the visitors held the whip hand for much of the first half while the hosts dominated proceedings after the break without creating too much in the way of clear cut chances until, of course, they created and took the ones they did, but even then they weren’t of the clear cut variety…..a penalty and two absolute belters from outside the area. The winner was worth the admission money alone!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Worrying times i knew clubs would be in trouble just wasnt expecting ww to be the 1st. 👀

Any help appreciated :unsure2:

https://www.whitehillwelfare.co.uk/teams/207515/news/notice-of-agm-2636565.html

Stressful times indeed.  These guys work hard to keep things going and have kept churning away during COVID - new lights, ground improvements, sponsorship etc.  Looks like the effort has taken its toll.

Hopefully they'll get the support the club needs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Stressful times indeed.  These guys work hard to keep things going and have kept churning away during COVID - new lights, ground improvements, sponsorship etc.  Looks like the effort has taken its toll.
Hopefully they'll get the support the club needs.
Just shows how difficult it can be and how it can all fall apart if people don't come forward. Fingers crossed for WW I'm sure everyone from all across the football world hopes they get the help they need
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Crow said:

I suppose you can only have so much success before you need a new challenge. 

Hopefully people can step forward and save the club. 

When a grumpy old man devoted his time morning noon and night to the club for nearly 60 years albeit his way or no way it just shows the amount of work he actually done for the club that went unnoticed. Must've been the manpower of half a dozen folk.

A massive loss for the club. 

Hopefully get back on track when the club has its agm next month. 🤞

There were at least some shoots of recovery on the park last week before collapsing in a 5 minute spell near the end.

Onto today and a run of 3 home games.

If can keep discipline hopefully a vital 3 points can be had against fellow strugglers LTHV to kick start the season.

Mon the Welfare!!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...