Whitehill Welfare 21/22

15 hours ago, 354Pge said:

This one falls well in the unacceptable category & coming straight after it happened and Penicuik handling it so well . 

Can you give me a list of acceptable and unacceptable crimes and advise me how this list is compiled.

I do not support WW and have no idea what crime the player has committed (I assume he's been found guilty?),

Just curious about the moral judgement process and wonder at the morality of those making the judgement .

At the end of the day the Law is the Law and the person in question has, presumably, served whatever punishment has been deemed to be appropriate in the circumstances. 

If anyone honestly considers that the Law needs changing then there is a lawful, and potentially effective, way forward. That is to go to your MP and or MSP and let them know in writing what it is that is believed to be wrong and what should be done to amend the law as it currently stands.

If anyone, (including local Councillors, MSPs or MPs) decide to go on a campaign of, in effect, harassment of any organisation or individual, then they need to be aware that the laws of the land apply to them also. Personal opinions are one thing but care needs to be taken that it doesn't step into the realms of aggression, bullying, harassment, victimisation, etc.

Should those who have been convicted of nasty, or worse, offences be constrained from living a normal, and potentially rehabilitated, life after serving time for their offence(s)? If so how would you suggest that their lives should be constrained? If they are to be constrained then how should that be carried out, monitored and enforced?

9 minutes ago, 354Pge said:

Just to add this is not my petition just passing on behalf of the Rosewell Residents. 

I believe that a number of things are planned

Of interest did any of those people go to games before this all kicked off?

33 minutes ago, 354Pge said:

Just to add this is not my petition just passing on behalf of the Rosewell Residents. 

This woke society is frightening.

People actively looking for things to be offended by.

Wonder how many players currently in the EOS have criminal convictions. I would bet more than a few. 

Should the EOS now be banning any player who has a criminal conviction, to avoid somebody getting upset.

Is domestic abuse worse than dealing drugs, driving under the influence, assault of a member of the health services / police / or anyone else who works for the community. 

If we don't allow offenders the opportunity to rejoin society after they've served their sentence, then they will just return to re-offending.

I don't the player who has caused this furore, but I've got to believe he has been dealt with by the law and been considered capable of rejoining society.

Wouldn't normally quote from the bible, but "he is without sin, cast the first stone".

Always amazes me when people say they have never commited a crime - so they've never driven 1 mile over the speed limit, parked where they shouldn't have, taken stationery from work (pens ) or not owned up to being given too much change / been undercharged.

We all commit crimes, we just set the bar at different levels from other people.

Sorry for the rant, been one of those days

35 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

No, I can 100% guarantee these people do not go to Whitehill games. I am a ST holder at Whitehill and everyone I have spoke to do not have an issue with Paul Tansey. 

I’m not condoning what he done, but he pled guilty, accepted his punishment (which did not include him stopping playing football).

What is the guy supposed to do? Give up his football career, sit in a darkened room until these do-gooders decide it’s ok for him to play again? 

the bullying and harassment the club are receiving is incredible and not warranted in my opinion.

17 minutes ago, 354Pge said:

Yes some did including kids through tickets given out to primary schools. 

Don’t talk rubbish mate, you know absolutely nothing. Not one of the people involved in the petition have ever been to Ferguson Park I can assure you of that

7 hours ago, 354Pge said:

Look pal for the size of Rosewell there's certainly a divide there now because some are so far up themselves that despite living in the village they don't like to associate themselves wi the village far less the local football club!! 

There's hardly any ww fans on here so you're trolling attempts are pretty poor. Not really sure why you are pursuing it on a football forum? 

As I've said before take it up wi the manager who signed him or the committee.  I'm sure they could give you a decent debate but are you just hiding behind a name and trying to play the big man shit stirring?

Anyway looking forward after a positive midweek result and a decent game ahead Saturday against an in form Kirkcaldy & Dysart who will certainly fancy their chances. Probs take a point right now. 

7 hours ago, Andydoc said:

This woke society is frightening.

People actively looking for things to be offended by.

Wonder how many players currently in the EOS have criminal convictions. I would bet more than a few. 

Should the EOS now be banning any player who has a criminal conviction, to avoid somebody getting upset.

Is domestic abuse worse than dealing drugs, driving under the influence, assault of a member of the health services / police / or anyone else who works for the community. 

If we don't allow offenders the opportunity to rejoin society after they've served their sentence, then they will just return to re-offending.

I don't the player who has caused this furore, but I've got to believe he has been dealt with by the law and been considered capable of rejoining society.

Wouldn't normally quote from the bible, but "he is without sin, cast the first stone".

Always amazes me when people say they have never commited a crime - so they've never driven 1 mile over the speed limit, parked where they shouldn't have, taken stationery from work (pens ) or not owned up to being given too much change / been undercharged.

We all commit crimes, we just set the bar at different levels from other people.

Sorry for the rant, been one of those days

Could sign for livingston 😉

7 hours ago, 19052012 said:

No, I can 100% guarantee these people do not go to Whitehill games. I am a ST holder at Whitehill and everyone I have spoke to do not have an issue with Paul Tansey. 

I’m not condoning what he done, but he pled guilty, accepted his punishment (which did not include him stopping playing football).

What is the guy supposed to do? Give up his football career, sit in a darkened room until these do-gooders decide it’s ok for him to play again? 

the bullying and harassment the club are receiving is incredible and not warranted in my opinion.

Good point. Why did Penicuik get rid off him. When he pled guilty and faced the music.

1 minute ago, 354Pge said:

Approaching 100 people have now signed it and many of them have been.

Constant lies and BS from you. And you know it, yet you still come here peddling your nonsense. 

many of them probably wouldn’t even know where Ferguson park is and that’s a fact!

8 hours ago, cowdenbeath said:

Did they shit, 99% of the vilage has not supported whitehill in any way,shape or form unless it was a big scottish cup game...welcome to 2022