Whitehill Welfare 21/22

3 hours ago, magoo said:

What an utter crew...after fort william there will not be a team with a worst set of results in the last 5 years, not a soul rises above the parapet to call out the mediocrity that has been festering for years...

2 hours ago, ARFC Exile said:

Have to say that is an absolutely shocking result. Club seems to be on an unstoppable downwards spiral.

Very early days but that's a pumping I can't defend.

Ringing GIF by Celebrity Apprentice Australia

1 hour ago, 354Pge said:

Paul Tansey in the starting 11 words fail 🤬🤬🤬

Down another tier and thrashed 5-1 at home rounds off a pitiful week for Whitehill Welfare FC. 

Those in charge should hang their heads in shame. 

Wrightly or wrongly some people have a clear agenda,i am bot getting into the issues with tansley, off the pitch some real impressive stuff have happened at whithill over the last 3 years, on the pitch iits been absolutely horrific, from player standard,discipline too player turnover,budget is obviously an issue but if thats gonna be the focal point constantly for failure reasons on the pitch whats the point...

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Scottish Cup Preliminary Round:

Whitehill Welfare 0 BYE 10... :P

Thick and most recently very thin TtB, least I'm sticking by them (for now :whistle )

who you following nowadays :P

2 hours ago, Crow said:

lol 

Unfortunately this is where we're at,at present. 

Things can only get better. :bairn

11 hours ago, 354Pge said:

Hopefully another pumping for Whitehill at Dunbar today. 

Midlothians shame. 🤬

Penicuik knew what was going on with him and continued to play him, I never seen you slating Penicuik then.

I don’t condone what hes done, but he’s pled guilty accepted his punishment which does not include him stopping playing football btw.

where do we stop? Have you been on his employers website demanding he be sacked from there too? Does he live like a hermit for the rest of his life?

if we were to vet every eos player I’m sure you’ll find some very interesting backgrounds!

I ventured to the Far Eastern wastes along the A1.

You lot didn't look irredeemably awful today, indeed the Dunbar keeper had to produce some good saves 

Bit farcical there wasn't even "neutral" linesmen today. The first goal shouldn't have been allowed as I was told the ball was kicked out of the goalie's hands and a Welfare defender was fouled. Can't comment myself, I was at the other end queuing for a pie ..

The new stand at Dunbar is smart, makes the place look like a proper ground 

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I ventured to the Far Eastern wastes along the A1.

You lot didn't look irredeemably awful today, indeed the Dunbar keeper had to produce some good saves 

Bit farcical there wasn't even "neutral" linesmen today. The first goal shouldn't have been allowed as I was told the ball was kicked out of the goalie's hands and a Welfare defender was fouled. Can't comment myself, I was at the other end queuing for a pie ..

The new stand at Dunbar is smart, makes the place look like a proper ground 

Thought I saw you at the match with a Dunbar scarf on. :P

Dunbar gK did make a few good saves,I felt ww were more a threat in the 1st half with a few unlucky chances which on other days would've counted. 

Very unusual seeing nobody on a line. 

Pies were superb with a very good filling though the one I had was a tad lukewarm. 

The new stand is very smart even the front rows have a very good view unlike a certain other newly built stand in the capital city :lol:

It's a very good footballing experience all round and  if you are a neutral with the rugby lounge next door is a decent shout if you are hungry and thirsty. The menu there was very appetising and looked popular with the locals. 

I take it the rugby/football/ cafe are all separate entities? 

I've watched the Sunny Dunny on and off for 25 years.. good people who thank you for your support unlike other clubs I could mention 

The Hallhill Healthy Living Centre was meant to be a shared facility when it was built by East Lothian Council. Dunbar United moved grounds to allow the school next door to expand. The eggchasers played at a windswept dump up near the sea and moved to a better facility. The other main club using the facility are Dunbar hockey club 

ELC decided the Centre should be run as a hands off venture and put a rugby man in charge and the eggchasers plastered their stuff all over the bar, which annoyed the football people. There is a small display cabinet with football memorabilia in the bar.

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I've watched the Sunny Dunny on and off for 25 years.. good people who thank you for your support unlike other clubs I could mention 

The Hallhill Healthy Living Centre was meant to be a shared facility when it was built by East Lothian Council. Dunbar United moved grounds to allow the school next door to expand. The eggchasers played at a windswept dump up near the sea and moved to a better facility. The other main club using the facility are Dunbar hockey club 

ELC decided the Centre should be run as a hands off venture and put a rugby man in charge and the eggchasers plastered their stuff all over the bar, which annoyed the football people. There is a small display cabinet with football memorabilia in the bar.

WW were not anyway near as bad ss some were saying,in fact but for a good goalkeeping display from SB could have taken something from the game and of course a ridiculous decision by the referee to give DU a gift of a goal. The 2nd half DU improved but WW showed enough to suggest they will be okay. 

9 hours ago, 354Pge said:

We emptied him when he was found guilty. 

He pled guilty to avoid a spell at her majesty’s pleasure. 

Interesting back grounds Jesus Christ 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Shameful 

I shop at Penicuik Tesco’s. 

Exactly. You only emptied him when when it hit the papers and he pled guilty. Full in the knowledge of what what was going on in the background. Only because you were still pushing for promotion at the time so you needed him. 

I shop at Lidl, be there tomorrow at 12 noon, I’ll be wearing a red rose. Bring a mate 🙄😂

Exactly. You only emptied him when when it hit the papers and he pled guilty. Full in the knowledge of what what was going on in the background. Only because you were still pushing for promotion at the time so you needed him. 

I shop at Lidl, be there tomorrow at 12 noon, I’ll be wearing a red rose. Bring a mate [emoji849][emoji23]

Wrong.

9 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Well Tam, that’s an innate detail there. Pity that you haven’t noticed the entire wall of images displayed in the main lounge, nor obviously the corridors full of DUFC photos.

Theres also the issue where you previously stated with authority that the new stand was going to be located on the east side of the pitch behind the dugouts, j,,, really??
But then you said that a guy called AL told you so it must be right information. 

It must be a surprise to visitors that the stand has been built on the wrong side - according to your previous duff information.

Never mind,,, here’s a scoop for you - the next stand may be built on the east side of the pitch. If only 😅😀

3 hours ago, Crow said:

Does anyone know what the world record for consecutive relegations is? 

Surely Brechin from the Championship in 2018 down three levels to the HL in 2021, only saved from three consecutive drops by Covid. Though if WW went down they'd also be on three, if you exclude the incomplete Covid years. No doubt VOL would emulate that next year as well.

Edited by Ginaro