Whitehill Welfare 21/22

53 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

A few more wins than any of the previous 5 seasons might suffice. :lol:

Good to hear,always like to welcome new faces to Ferguson Park. 

Season tickets are very good value. 

Whats your gut feeling? Looking at the clubs involved it looks a really interesting and competitive division. About 10 to 12 of the clubs involved will fancy themselves for promotion.

1 hour ago, ARFC Exile said:

Whats your gut feeling? Looking at the clubs involved it looks a really interesting and competitive division. About 10 to 12 of the clubs involved will fancy themselves for promotion.

We had a better side last season having lost 2 arguably 3 of our best players and this season crowds will be way down in this league so I suppose have to budget on that for the months ahead especially wi the travelling involved. 

Would love to go straight back up but realistically top 6 and a few winning Saturdays that have been few and far between over the past few seasons probs a good season.

As you say an interesting and competitive division but a bit too meh for me. We are where we are though.

Hopefully start the season wi a win on Saturday and hit the deck running.

Mon the Welfare! 

Edited by newcastle broon

40 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

We had a better side last season having lost 2 arguably 3 of our best players and this season crowds will be way down in this league so I suppose have to budget on that for the months ahead especially wi the travelling involved. 

Would love to go straight back up but realistically top 6 and a few winning Saturdays that have been few and far between over the past few seasons probs a good season.

As you say an interesting and competitive division but a bit too meh for me. We are where we are though.

Hopefully start the season wi a win on Saturday and hit the deck running.

Mon the Welfare! 

Was watching one of them tonight, Mussa in goals for Bo’ness. As well as being in a poor league for crowds next season, a lot of the home games coincide with Bonnyrigg being at home too.

2 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Was watching one of them tonight, Mussa in goals for Bo’ness. As well as being in a poor league for crowds next season, a lot of the home games coincide with Bonnyrigg being at home too.

But that could also help in a strange way once yhe novelty wears off. Alot of folk who are used to Junior/Senior prices shy away from the cost of SPFL admission. 

I have been a regular at Edinburgh City for a few years and i felt £14 last year was pushing it. £17 this year is robbery!

29 minutes ago, ARFC Exile said:

But that could also help in a strange way once yhe novelty wears off. Alot of folk who are used to Junior/Senior prices shy away from the cost of SPFL admission. 

I have been a regular at Edinburgh City for a few years and i felt £14 last year was pushing it. £17 this year is robbery!

Well, the stand at Fergie Park is better than Subutteo Meadowbank.... :lol: 

On 23/07/2022 at 09:05, 354Pge said:

Won’t be back now what a thoroughly disgusting individual.

Well done Penicuik for swiftly emptying him. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/edinburgh-ex-hibs-star-headbutted-24563280.amp

Penicuik knew exactly what was going on with Tansey and continued to play him during the last season. 

They only got rid of him when the story hit the papers. You could also argue that it was an easy way to get rid of a high earning player.

11 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Were you a Ferguson Park regular? 

An earlier post on this thread said he was training wi another EOS club so not just ww who showed interest?

Not sure who that was though. 

It’s my understanding it was Edinburgh United he was training at. 

2 hours ago, 19052012 said:

Penicuik knew exactly what was going on with Tansey and continued to play him during the last season. 

They only got rid of him when the story hit the papers. You could also argue that it was an easy way to get rid of a high earning player.

Just for the record the first Penicuik knew about the whole Tansey saga was when it appeared in the press. The club had no prior knowledge.

He had also signed a new deal on better terms for the new season.

The club has a zero tolerance policy on domestic violence and acted swiftly with almost unanimous approval.

Do not try and muddy the waters to deflect attention away from the facts.

12 hours ago, 19052012 said:

Back that up with facts arse

10 hours ago, The REAL Rookie Cookie said:

Just for the record the first Penicuik knew about the whole Tansey saga was when it appeared in the press. The club had no prior knowledge.

He had also signed a new deal on better terms for the new season.

The club has a zero tolerance policy on domestic violence and acted swiftly with almost unanimous approval.

Do not try and muddy the waters to deflect attention away from the facts.

😂😂

2 hours ago, The REAL Rookie Cookie said:

Strange emoji ??

Stranger that the last game we played each other at yours. Tansey was getting pelters about him and his ex girlfriend. But one of your guys said they punted him when they found out 😂

What an utter crew...after fort william there will not be a team with a worst set of results in the last 5 years, not a soul rises above the parapet to call out the mediocrity that has been festering for years...