Whitehill Welfare 21/22

• 4 weeks later...

I if you are a WW supporter, you have been worried all season about retaining your position as a Premier League Club in 2022-23. After today’s result, any lingering hopes must surely have got. 

Five matches ago, HoB had 22pts while WW had 15pts. Now HoB are on 25 and WW on 18. Huge turnaround and it looks like HoB now have the momentum to climb higher than their current position of 14th. This means, if WW are to climb out of bottom 4. They have to make up at least 11 points on LTHV and hoping other teams lose all matches or draw against other teams in current relegation places. 

With only a max of 21 remaining, prospects are sadly bleak for our Midlothian neighbours.  

8 hours ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Pretty sure 5 matches ago both were tied at 15 points each, HOB look the most likely to stay up out the bottom 5

HoB have 13pts from last 5 matches; while WW lost 4 and won the other of their last 5. Maybe you are right and my arithmetic is lacking, but while HoB have the players who look like escaping relegation, it does not look as if same can e said of WW. Definitely want WW to stay up by the way 👍

2 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

HoB have 13pts from last 5 matches; while WW lost 4 and won the other of their last 5. Maybe you are right and my arithmetic is lacking, but while HoB have the players who look like escaping relegation, it does not look as if same can e said of WW. Definitely want WW to stay up by the way 👍

Casey if Whitehill stay up al dance the length of Carnethie Street naked. 

Even the most optimistic WW fan knew it was going to be a difficult season.

A lot of games were off yesterday so credit to the very small band of volunteers who have kept the club going and managed to get the game on. 

8 hours ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Pretty sure 5 matches ago both were tied at 15 points each, HOB look the most likely to stay up out the bottom 5

32 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Here is the table from 4 December with the latest table. (HoB 5 games on and WW 6)

141298562_EPJul17.JPG.01275b8aad08ed242d031ec93e7f0d05.JPG194781844_EPJul17.JPG.6232e9ec3b1e87941988a76d8e8c9bbb.JPG

Edited by Footballfirst

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's a good chance 5 clubs will have to go down if the WoS champion wins the playoff and Vale of Leithen rather than Gretna are relegated so safety could wind up being something like 40 points.

Big if. Polloks 500 fans doesn't automatically mean they are going to win

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

There's a good chance 5 clubs will have to go down if the WoS champion wins the playoff and Vale of Leithen rather than Gretna are relegated so safety could wind up being something like 40 points.

I resigned myself to 5 a while back LTL thats why I was kinda hoping Vale despite how bad theyve been kinda stayed up.

I always said 5th bottom going down would be very harsh but the pyramid despite being around a few seasons now is still in its transitional stage. 

8 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Casey if Whitehill stay up al dance the length of Carnethie Street naked. 

I hope they do stay up now 

Can you do it in December, Newky, just for the headline "Naked Rosewell man stones Santa"? :cheers

On 05/02/2022 at 18:33, Casey Jones said:

I if you are a WW supporter, you have been worried all season about retaining your position as a Premier League Club in 2022-23. After today’s result, any lingering hopes must surely have got. 

Five matches ago, HoB had 22pts while WW had 15pts. Now HoB are on 25 and WW on 18. Huge turnaround and it looks like HoB now have the momentum to climb higher than their current position of 14th. This means, if WW are to climb out of bottom 4. They have to make up at least 11 points on LTHV and hoping other teams lose all matches or draw against other teams in current relegation places. 

With only a max of 21 remaining, prospects are sadly bleak for our Midlothian neighbours.  

We have had a good length of time to prepare for the bottom of the pyramid, it will be bo shock and accepted meekly, the highs of the 80s and 90s will live long in the memories,the modern era is a period of dissapointing times..thats football for ya