Whitehill Welfare 21/22

Unbeaten pre-seasons are great but it did look like WW went into yesterday facing a step up in quality and they got a chasing.

Big week ahead now with 2 home games or it looks like it could be another very long season. 

Yes, tough result yesterday.  I was at Musselburgh on Friday night and both teams looked a little off the pace.  With Jeanfield getting a touch from Blacksburn I think we need to, for now at least, assume early season nerves for some clubs 🙏🏼

1 hour ago, newcastle broon said:
A very disappointing start to the season yesterday.Looking a bit weak at the back.Hopefully can get it right starting on Tuesday night. 

@AlanCamelonfan @yessiricanboogie @Blowin In the Wind

Jeez that fanbase thing's a bit of a faff 🤬
I see the Camelon game only offers adult at £7 but the Broxburn game only offers concessions at £5. OK if you turn 60 this week...

2 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

I see the Camelon game only offers adult at £7 but the Broxburn game only offers concessions at £5. OK if you turn 60 this week...

Technology never been my thing but there was pay at the gate with track and trace at the St Cuthberts match.  Had quite an impressive shelter as well for the committee who need to stand at the gate in all weathers. 

4 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Technology never been my thing but there was pay at the gate with track and trace at the St Cuthberts match.  Had quite an impressive shelter as well for the committee who need to stand at the gate in all weathers. 

Think we will be paying at the gate. I'm relying on a lift to go

On 17/07/2021 at 20:05, The Mantis said:

No a good marker for the rest of the season. I'll probably pop up on Tuesday night if they'll let me in. Camelon will be just as hard.

Remember no bear hugging allowed yet it’s only Level 0. 

:lol: 

On 18/07/2021 at 20:51, The Mantis said:

Option to buy both on my app mantis 

EA005C6D-4B57-4CF8-9F56-BFBA941EE13A.png

36 minutes ago, 19052012 said:

Option to buy both on my app mantis 

EA005C6D-4B57-4CF8-9F56-BFBA941EE13A.png

Well it's working now but last night i was only seeing one panel for each match, using a desktop btw. Cheers though, I’m assuming there’s a pay gate if it doesn’t sell out?

Edited by The Mantis

9 minutes ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Just need to keep working so easily could have went thr other way. The wonder strike to put us 2-1up and the sending off seemed to kick us on.

Keeper went doon in stages for that one. :lol: Then again depends the angle as others said it took some swerve from outside of boot. Both keepers looked nervous.Yer no.10 had some pace for whole game and for yer 1st goal. Either that or slow to react defending, losing 8 goals in 2 games shows where oor problem lies.Like you said game could easily have went other way. And what aboot the lino demanding the lights went on when it was clearly unnecessary. :lol:Best of luck for rest of season.

1 minute ago, newcastle broon said:

Keeper went doon in stages for that one. :lol: Then again depends the angle as others said it took some swerve from outside of boot. Both keepers looked nervous.Yer no.10 had some pace for whole game and for yer 1st goal. Either that or slow to react defending, losing 8 goals in 2 games shows where oor problem lies.Like you said game could easily have went other way. And what aboot the lino demanding the lights went on when it was clearly unnecessary. :lol:Best of luck for rest of season.

Thanks mate aye I dunno wot he was all about our 10 and 19 are fast

Edited by yessiricanboogie

23 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I was at Dunbar last night Newky and on a glorious summers night the lights  were unnecessarily switched on at half time...!

Compared to seeing Peebles win the Alex Jack at a pre Devil's Illumination Fergie Park one gloomy November afternoon years ago. The game went to penalties and the streetlights in Carnethie Street were on before the game finished!

28 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Compared to seeing Peebles win the Alex Jack at a pre Devil's Illumination Fergie Park one gloomy November afternoon years ago. The game went to penalties and the streetlights in Carnethie Street were on before the game finished!

Ferguson Park got a lot of cup finals back in the day Tam,mustve done something right compared to the Pet Show arena that was Meadowbank ;)

9 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Ferguson Park got a lot of cup finals back in the day Tam,mustve done something right compared to the Pet Show arena that was Meadowbank ;)

We beat you in a cup final at neutral Fergie Park so get it up ye!

(The venue was going to be Innerleithen but us and Welfare said stuff that. I think Welfare were going for the League and a couple of bigger cups so didn't mind too much losing, I think, the King Cup)

30 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

We beat you in a cup final at neutral Fergie Park so get it up ye!

(The venue was going to be Innerleithen but us and Welfare said stuff that. I think Welfare were going for the League and a couple of bigger cups so didn't mind too much losing, I think, the King Cup)

:lol: The neutral venue  that perhaps  was Meadowbank maybes had a flower pressing show that day. 

City beating Welfare in a cup final was more remembered from a City point of view as they didnt come around very often. :P

I do however recall a penalty shoot out win in what may well have been youre last ever game at non league level before going onto greater things so get that roond ye. :thumsup2

38 minutes ago, yessiricanboogie said:

It's a nice ground at ferguson Park be better once covids over and you can use the stand

I'm sure the home team would appreciate that as well. 

I just canny get my head round the fact all teams  distance each other when changing yet can kick lumps oot each other on the park. 🤷‍♂️