Living with cancer (and madwullie memorial thread)

Fucking hell

I can only apologise as I’ve not been clicking on threads outside the Chess thread or the Aberdeen thread so I’ve only just seen this 

Absolutely gutted

Sorry I’ve not read the thread and after many conversations with wullie I’m still genuinely in shock reading about this 

Seemed like an absolutely stand up guy and I’m really upset to read this 

RIP mate ♟ 

Edited by Frank Grimes

4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Madwullie’s boys donating their pocket money 😢 

Aye I saw that and got some dust in my eyes. I think that really shows the measure of the man that his boys are so selfless.

Wow, that's so sad to hear and I had no idea he was going through such a battle. Thoughts with his loved ones and, like with the football last night, a stark reminder of how life can change in an instant. Appreciate every moment you have.

Can only say what many others have said, awful,awful news and very sorry for your loss. 

The total is looking very impressive already, and I hope that can give some sort of comfort to the family, however small.

On 11/06/2021 at 21:56, madwullie said:

Hello everyone, Mrs Madwullie here. You all have more words than me right now and it's been a pleasure to read how highly he was respected on here. God knows every single time he took a crap he was was on this forum, glad to know this was time well spent. Although maybe I should post this infuriating behaviour on another thread 😉 That brutal honesty was just how we rolled tbf. We are lost without him. 

You absolutely should post on the infuriating partners thread if it feels right for you. Its probably the funniest and least rancorous thread on p and b (until this one obvs) and if it's not to presumptuous, it may be a cathartic and valuable part of your process. I know it would be of huge value to us to read and engage with whatever you post.

Thank you for your response.

17 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

I don't wish to embarrass anyone, but I need to mention Welshbairn

Have to confess Cardinal, when I made the second payment I was very, very drunk. Any chance of a refund?

Condolences to Madwullie's family and friends. I enjoyed his forays into the politics forum.

What I would say is that we all argue like fishwives over trivial things on this site but when all is said and done, it's a wee community on P&B. All the posters I've met IRL have been sound. I never had the pleasure sadly with Madwullie, but when something like this happens I really take it to heart. It's a part of our group we've lost. 

Was telling Mrs P about madwullie and showing her his justgiving page. Instantly she asks where he lives as she's sure his kids play with ours , turns out he's just up at the top end of my street! He was a frequent poster on our estate's residents Facebook page , trying to reunite abandoned toys with their rightful owners and such stuff, even offering to take over the admin for it a few weeks ago when the person who set it up was going to quit doing it. Always came across on it as a thoroughly decent and genuine guy.  

I'm sure the fans of most clubs experience this, but the online Motherwell fans are a pretty tight group across Pie & Bovril, Steelmen Online, FirParkCorner etc in terms of having been aware of each other for many years and in lots of cases this transfers over into real life. Whilst I never had the pleasure of meeting him in person (not to my knowledge anyway...although there is a very good chance we have been in each others company somewhere at some point and just not realised), he's been a well known and liked part of the 'Well fan community for a long time. Sadly we also lost a very well known and well respected Motherwell poster in Andy P a few days ago as well.

Thoughts go out to the families and friends.

Edited by Al B

For those of you who'd like to donate in his memory, Woody now has a Just Giving page. 
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/woody-willowfoundation
Thanks everyone. As Mrs Madwullie has said, all your kind words have been a great comfort to us. And it might even be the first time in history that Pie and Bovril gets a mention at a funeral. 
Guys this is up to £2500 - which is fantastic. But let's try to add a bit more if we can...

Just noticed this as I’ve not been on this part of the forum recently. It’s always a shame when you see a dad taken away from their kids. Only 44 too. He always came across as a decent spud.