Cardinal Richelieu

Living with cancer (and madwullie memorial thread)

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Cheers for the kind words everyone - it really means a lot. 

Mrs madwullie gave me the go-ahead to post this here. I'm going to save this thread on my PC so that his boys can read it when they're a bit older (just in case there's another cull).

If there is any kind of collection or anything like that for the boys or family, can you drop me a DM please?

Can’t imagine how heartbroken his wife and kids must be. He seemed a very decent lad. Hope they have lots of good memories of him.
Husband of the year IMO. I’d genuine expect to lose couple of teeth if I’d sent this to my missus:

[/url]  

87097176-2779-476C-930C-0706E0181809.thumb.jpeg.04b4974e09dccb8f5777e100be921480.jpeg

His finest hour! Top stuff. Maybe whilst we are talking about pointing his family in this direction we ought to consider keeping Mrs madwullie away from that thread

Some boi tho, to be so close to the end of a long battle and still coming on here and posting with humour. Even when it results in a loss, its always inspiring to see someone who fights to the end.

No age at all - thoughts very much with his wife and young family. Terrible thing to happen.

That is terrible news.

Thoughts with his family, as has been said 44 is no age at all.

RIP.

First time on GN for a couple of days and shocked and saddened to hear this.

Aware of him from the politics thread and he seemed like a good guy.

44; that is shit.

Really sorry to hear this, seemed like a good bloke with a great sense of humour.  

That's grim news. His posting gave no real insight into how ill he actually was which must be testament to anyone's character. A sad loss.

Just echoing what everyone else is saying, from his posts I honestly thought he was in remission & had no idea he was still seriously ill. RIP madwullie

This is terribly sad. 

Always enjoyed reading his posts and he was always there to support me through my health problems which shows how selfless he was. 

Sending condolences to his family and friends. 

Dreadful news, was aware of him from his posts across various pages (the amusing posts on the infuriating things thread being main point) had no idea the lad was ill.

Horrible horrible news. He always came across as a sensible, educated and passionate guy. Realised he had been no well in the past but didn’t realise it was at this stage now. No age at 44.  

2 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Cheers KB. I actually mentioned it to his wife and she mentioned the Willow Foundation, which organises special events and things for cancer sufferers under the age of 40 (which is how old Woody was when all this kicked off). 

I'm going to set up a Just Giving page over the next couple of days. I'll post the link here for anyone who wants to donate. 

Thanks again. 

👍