Living with cancer (and madwullie memorial thread)

42 minutes ago, Rapid Pie Movement said:

Hello everybody. Jimi is a very dear friend of mine, and he's doing OK. I'll pass on your best wishes to him and let him know you're all thinking of him. 

That's good

1 hour ago, Rapid Pie Movement said:

Hello everybody. Jimi is a very dear friend of mine, and he's doing OK. I'll pass on your best wishes to him and let him know you're all thinking of him. 

Thank you. I PM'd him a couple of weeks ago and feared the worst. Glad to hear he is still fighting the good fight.

5 hours ago, Rapid Pie Movement said:

Thank you very much for the update. Glad to hear he is doing okay because I’m sure I’m not the only one who feared the worst when I noticed he hadn’t posted in a while. 

Fantastic to hear, thank you for the update. Found amazing music because of him. Tell him I send him my best. Much love.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Rapid Pie Movement said:

Hello everybody

I'm very sorry to tell everyone on here that my dear friend Steven, known to all of you on here as @Jimi Shandrix, passed away peacefully and surrounded by love last night (Tuesday).  

I last spoke to him on Saturday morning, when he was excitedly awaiting the France-England game. He managed to watch it, but sadly began slipping away from us shortly afterwards. Typical Smiley (as I and many others called him), waiting for England to get beat!

I know how highly thought of he was on here and rightly so. He really was an amazing person, and an absolutely wonderful friend to me and so many others. We're all going to miss him terribly, but are thankful that we had him in our lives. 

I know he loved being part of this community, and I think it's incredible what you have all built up here. He took a lot of strength from it,  which I'm sure helped him find the incredible courage he showed facing up to this horrible disease.  So on behalf of Steven, his family and friends, thank you for the support you showed him. It meant so much to him.

Lots of love to you all

Alan

Very, very sorry to hear that. Deepest condolences to you and his family and friends.

Bizarre. Jimi just popped into my head and I just decided to take a look at this thread for the first time since August to see if he was still with us.

Good luck to everyone who posted over the past few pages. I don't know if it's any help, but you all have internet strangers thinking of you and hoping for the best.

On 03/11/2022 at 22:24, scottsdad said:

You have my complete sympathy. My dad had a terminal diagnosis a few months back, and it really knocks it out of you. 

But he isn't gone yet - make sure your time with him is quality time. 

On 03/11/2022 at 22:35, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Yep absolutely, would love to have the Bankies win some silverwear for him this season, because he didnt keep well going to games was a massive part of how we spent quality time together etc, so definitely planning on getting to as many as treatment allows. Im devastated for my mum, they are each others entire world, shes a few years off retirement and they had all these wee plans, like just pottering about things, but they live for each other and now shes just completely lost. I get its the same for everyone who gets this diagnosis but its just turned everything upside down.  Just got to hope for as much pain free time as possible, my dad is a fighter, hes the strongest guy ive ever met, i hope yours is too, i hope you get to make memories too. 

Yeah same boat for my father also, no time frame given just that its incurable. Its the third time he’s had cancer but totally different type every time strangely. I cant fault the health service tbh the second cancer was during covid and appointments seemed to be progressing swiftly enough.  @Inanimate Carbon RodI hope treatment etc is moving swiftly now for your father as the waiting for news of treatment is stressful when you hear scare stories every week in the press. 

ETA - also RIP @Jimi ShandrixI had no idea he was ill till I seen this today, sorry for your loss @Rapid Pie Movementand thanks for coming on here to let us know.

Edited by gannonball

3 hours ago, Rapid Pie Movement said:

Hello everybody

I'm very sorry to tell everyone on here that my dear friend Steven, known to all of you on here as @Jimi Shandrix, passed away peacefully and surrounded by love last night (Tuesday).  

I last spoke to him on Saturday morning, when he was excitedly awaiting the France-England game. He managed to watch it, but sadly began slipping away from us shortly afterwards. Typical Smiley (as I and many others called him), waiting for England to get beat!

I know how highly thought of he was on here and rightly so. He really was an amazing person, and an absolutely wonderful friend to me and so many others. We're all going to miss him terribly, but are thankful that we had him in our lives. 

I know he loved being part of this community, and I think it's amazing what you have all built up here. He took a lot of strength from it,  which I'm sure helped him find the incredible courage he showed facing up to this horrible disease. So on behalf of Steven, his family and friends, thank you for the support you showed him. It meant so much to him.

Lots of love to you all

Alan

Thank you for letting us know, and I'm sorry for your loss. Very saddened to hear this, always greatly enjoyed interacting with @Jimi Shandrix on the forum. He was a fighter till the end, and gave as much strength to the community as he took from it. At least he got to see England f**k it one last time, for old time's sake! A great poster and no doubt a great man, he will be dearly missed.