Living with cancer (and madwullie memorial thread)

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

I thought she was doing well, going by what he posted, but it's a good while since he posted about her (or else I missed it).

Yeah, I think she was on the mend a couple of years ago when he was still posting regularly.

Had the pleasure of speaking to Scott a lot over the past five years, a gentleman and a clever guy. He was dealt a particularly shit hand over the last few years but always managed to come across positive and take it in his stride. f**k cancer.

He will be missed. 

Link to the boat thread, in case anyone missed it. More than eight years ago, FFS.

You'd like to think that his deity of choice will have had the Thai-themed entertainment ready for his arrival.

Can't say this too often. 

If there are dodgy looking symptoms - get them checked out. Don't fall for the "too embarrassed"/"I'll be nothing"/"I'll leave it to see how it goes" crap. Don't end up as a name on this thread. 

If you get the bowel screening kit, get your crap sample sent off to Dundee asap (and who doesn't like sending crap to Dundee?). The guys there are heroes. Breast screening, cervical screening, whatever screening. Do it. The earlier it's spotted the easier it's dealt with and the lesser the treatments. A camera or finger up the back passage is actually the easy option. 

It's you choice in the end. Just don't leave until it is the end. Please.

Very sorry to pass on the news of the death of the one time regular poster SJC.
Scott had a long battle with cancer and despite a poor prognosis remained positive and active.
Scott who have moved to Japan came home recently and leaves behind his wife and young daughter.
Rip.
Very sad to hear. Condolences to his nearest and dearest.

Such a horrible thing to see about SJC, a young guy who was living life in a pretty spectacular way and a wee kid robbed of their daddy. Feels the same way reading this as it did with madwullie. 
Really hope we are not too far away from some scientific breakthroughs re cancer, need to keep helping these amazing cancer charities and research groups to help stop these fucking arsehole cancers.