Living with cancer (and madwullie memorial thread)

11 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck in fighting it.

I'm sure plenty on here will be willing to help any time you want to chat. Someone on this thread mooted the idea of a private thread for cancer sufferers to advise and support each other- don't know how possible that is or if there's even an appetite for it if people don't want to be too open about medical issues.

Right idea but wrong poster, buddy.

10 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Thanks for all your kind wishes folks. Had my first op this morning with a second, bigger one to come later this week. They're no hanging around. It went well and I'm sitting up in bed enjoying a festival of football tonight. Copa America still to come. Doped up to the eyeballs on the good shit and feeling much more positive than the previous 48 hours. Thanks again everyone. You can't begin to imagine how much you've all lifted my spirits. 

That's good to hear.

That's also good to hear.

10 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Thanks for all your kind wishes folks. Had my first op this morning with a second, bigger one to come later this week. They're no hanging around. It went well and I'm sitting up in bed enjoying a festival of football tonight. Copa America still to come. Doped up to the eyeballs on the good shit and feeling much more positive than the previous 48 hours. Thanks again everyone. You can't begin to imagine how much you've all lifted my spirits. 

Best wishes Jimi. 

On 20/06/2021 at 23:29, Archie McSquackle said:

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck in fighting it.

I'm sure plenty on here will be willing to help any time you want to chat. Someone on this thread mooted the idea of a private thread for cancer sufferers to advise and support each other- don't know how possible that is or if there's even an appetite for it if people don't want to be too open about medical issues.

Maybe this could be the "cancer thread", provided Richie and Mrs mad agree, of course.

11 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Thanks for all your kind wishes folks. Had my first op this morning with a second, bigger one to come later this week. They're no hanging around. It went well and I'm sitting up in bed enjoying a festival of football tonight. Copa America still to come. Doped up to the eyeballs on the good shit and feeling much more positive than the previous 48 hours. Thanks again everyone. You can't begin to imagine how much you've all lifted my spirits

Not that I posted anything above (or much at all, really), but that's lovely to read.

Hopefully the boys can do their bit and keep you on a high later on.

11 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Best wishes Jimi!

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

Maybe this could be the "cancer thread", provided Richie and Mrs mad agree, of course.

Absolutely. It has been praying on my mind a bit that I have hijacked this thread a little and I apologise for any offence that may have caused.

Good luck mate, stay positive and you may want to save some of that good shit for tonight depending how the game goes.

7 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Absolutely. It has been praying on my mind a bit that I have hijacked this thread a little and I apologise for any offence that may have caused.

Go listen to Black Midi and boogie your cares away,    Take care of yourself, fella.

2 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Go listen to Black Midi and boogie your cares away,    Take care of yourself, fella.

Thank you mate. We may not have agreed on everything but anyone who's a fan of Songs Ohia is ok in my book. 🙂

5 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Can't imagine anyone would take offence. All the best for a full recovery.

More than happy to edit this thread to include anyone who has to live with cancer. Alternatively, happy to make a new thread. 
Either way, shit like this makes a Scotland loss seem very insignificant. 
What do you think?

In a similar manner to the depression thread it would give people a place to vent their thoughts and fears or stories of hope and recovery. If one or two people take solace in it or gain support from it then that can only be a good thing.