Living with cancer (and madwullie memorial thread)

4 hours ago, Peter Grant said:

If madwullie is reading this from the other side, part of him will be delighted by the fundraising but with his P&B hat on he’d be hoping Cardinal Richelieu embezzles the lot and spends it on a cruise round the fjords and getting some home improvements done. 

Most disgraceful touting for business ever!

On 11/06/2021 at 21:56, madwullie said:

Hello everyone, Mrs Madwullie here. You all have more words than me right now and it's been a pleasure to read how highly he was respected on here. God knows every single time he took a crap he was was on this forum, glad to know this was time well spent. Although maybe I should post this infuriating behaviour on another thread 😉 That brutal honesty was just how we rolled tbf. We are lost without him. 

First of all it goes without saying that I am genuinely sorry for you and your family's devastating loss.

But also, I love that you are posting from his username. That's brilliant and instead of how we divvy up house and assets in the event of either of us passing, I'll now be making this the sole condition of my partner should I leave this planet before her!

Edited by djchapsticks

Don’t know how but I’ve only just seen this. Awful news. As has been said across the pages of messages and condolences, he was a great presence on the Forum. 

A thread of forum members coming together with messages of goodwill, coupled with numerous donations to a charity to help other families is a fantastic legacy.

That's awful, and a total shocker. Don't know about anyone else, but I tend to assume that everyone on here is doing fine unless they say something, so that's a horrible surprise. Very tempting to start thanking people for being here, like a massive dewy-eyed sook. Glad you're doing alright, Welshbairn.

I don't remember madwullie being a p***k to anyone on here, which is a fairly impressive feat, and probably one of the nicest things you could say about a stranger on a football forum. Best wishes to his family and everyone who knew him IRL.

Can't believe I hadn't noticed this until now.

So sorry to hear this. Had played madwullie a couple of times at chess. From my little interaction, he seemed like a really great guy.

Utterly devastating for his young family too. You are in my thoughts.

I have donated to the just giving page. Let's keep it going!

2 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Really sad news. Far too young. My sincere condolences to his friends and family. I myself beat cancer 4 years ago but after going for an MRI yesterday on what I thought was a fucked disc at Ninewells it would appear my spine is fucking riddled with it. Outlook not great for me and I am scared as f**k but ready to fight. Hope to be spouting my shite on here again soon. Adios until then and remember to tell your nearest and dearest that you love them. 

Good luck Jimi. 

26 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Really sad news. Far too young. My sincere condolences to his friends and family. I myself beat cancer 4 years ago but after going for an MRI yesterday on what I thought was a fucked disc at Ninewells it would appear my spine is fucking riddled with it. Outlook not great for me and I am scared as f**k but ready to fight. Hope to be spouting my shite on here again soon. Adios until then and remember to tell your nearest and dearest that you love them. 

That's not good. Hang in there.

Makes me appreciate how lucky I was to get mine diagnosed when I did.

Edited by Jacksgranda

29 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Best wishes, mate.  Hoping for a good outcome for you.

On 16/06/2021 at 14:04, Peter Grant said:

If madwullie is reading this from the other side, part of him will be delighted by the fundraising but with his P&B hat on he’d be hoping Cardinal Richelieu embezzles the lot and spends it on a cruise round the fjords and getting some home improvements done. 

Rumour has it that a new vehicle has been seen cruising the speakeasies and dive bars of Glasgow's south side:

popemobile.thumb.png.a47540ab89378981133eacd5499603c5.png

Coincidence?  I'll leave that to you...

52 minutes ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Good luck mate.

1 hour ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

My radio silence didn't last long. That's awful news Jimi. But it's good that the experts are now onto the case. I went to the Scottish Cup final with madwullie about 4 years ago when he was only given 6 months to live. yet through new breakthroughs in immunotherapy and a desire to see his kids grow up, he continued to have a pretty much normal life for years, even after his terminal diagnosis. I hope things improve mate. 

From a stranger on the internet i wish you all the best and kick cancers arse for a 2nd time.

That’s rotten news Jimi. I know we’re all strangers but it’s horrible to think of you being scared so don’t hesitate to drop me a line if you need to let off some steam. 

2 hours ago, Jimi Shandrix said:

Jesus wept. The very best to you. Please keep coming by regularly to blow off steam and be insulted by your favourite perverts and reprobates.

Best wishes, mate.  Hoping for a good outcome for you.
Sorry to hear that. Best of luck in fighting it.

I'm sure plenty on here will be willing to help any time you want to chat. Someone on this thread mooted the idea of a private thread for cancer sufferers to advise and support each other- don't know how possible that is or if there's even an appetite for it if people don't want to be too open about medical issues.