Living with cancer (and madwullie memorial thread)

14 hours ago, madwullie said:

Hello everyone, Mrs Madwullie here. You all have more words than me right now and it's been a pleasure to read how highly he was respected on here. God knows every single time he took a crap he was was on this forum, glad to know this was time well spent. Although maybe I should post this infuriating behaviour on another thread 😉 That brutal honesty was just how we rolled tbf. We are lost without him. 

Same wishes as everybody else.

Did he clear the rest of his history?

15 hours ago, madwullie said:

Hello everyone, Mrs Madwullie here. You all have more words than me right now and it's been a pleasure to read how highly he was respected on here. God knows every single time he took a crap he was was on this forum, glad to know this was time well spent. Although maybe I should post this infuriating behaviour on another thread 😉 That brutal honesty was just how we rolled tbf. We are lost without him. 

Seems odd to be laughing in this thread but I have to admit I did chuckle at this!

On 09/06/2021 at 22:59, Cardinal Richelieu said:

It is with great sadness that I inform you that P+B semi-regular madwullie (Woody in real life) died yesterday at the age of 44, after a long battle with cancer.

I'm sure a few of you are thinking "who?", and whilst not the most prolific of posters, he did enjoy sticking his oar in on the politics forum, as well as forays into the FIFA, parenting, chess and quiz thread. 

IRL, Woody was one of the warmest, soundest, cleverest and funniest people you could ever hope to meet. 

Woody leaves behind a wife and two sons, and we all miss him dearly. 

image.png.e3a46d55f7f818f45288a9db2f317a7a.png

That's terrible, only finding out about this now. I knew he had cancer as he often shared it on here, but I thought it was under control, did he go downhill quick?

Condolonces to all those who were close to Madwullie. I'm no medic but my Mrs works in a hospice, purely anecdotal but she had spoken recently of the increased number of younger people coming in a matter of weeks after diagnosis. Don't allow Covid to be used as an excuse to delay seeking medical attention, if needs be push to be seen and get any concerns checked.

Although I signed up for the chess league, I was concerned that with the time difference and my work schedule, I wouldn't be able to keep up with the fixtures. Madwullie joined the thread later and asked to be put on the waiting list if any spots opened up. I took the opportunity to step down and he replaced me. I'm glad this gave so many posters the opportunity to interact with (and it appears, get beaten by) him over the chess board. He was one of the site's gentlemen.

I'll add my condolences to Mrs Madwullie and the family.

Only came across the madwullie monster from playing him in the p&b chess league. Such a sad state of affairs to have a young (ish) family man taken away from those nearest to him by such a horrible illness.

Heartfelt condolences go out to Mrs madwullie, kids and all else who knew him.

RIP

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

As someone who got bad medical news about 18 months ago, me, Wullie and others on here used to share worries and better news with each other, and Wullie was the first to congratulate me on getting good news on what is still a terminal thing. Gutted I wasn't around the last few months, thought I was spending too much time on here so took a break. Always thought we should have set up a Cancer Squad sub forum on here, by special invitation only. Apart from that we agreed on most things politically and laid waste to the numpties on here, backing each other up when needed, which it rarely was. I'll miss him.

I have to say, Welshy, that it's good to see you posting again.

For those of you who'd like to donate in his memory, Woody now has a Just Giving page. 
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/woody-willowfoundation
Thanks everyone. As Mrs Madwullie has said, all your kind words have been a great comfort to us. And it might even be the first time in history that Pie and Bovril gets a mention at a funeral. 
Let's keep this high up on the forum's agenda.