Central belt boundaries

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Hipsters=people who don't drink buckfast 

You'd be surprised, go into any hipster pub and you'll find a bottle of Bucky ironically behind the bar eg. Nice and Sleazys. Add to that Buckfast infused food such as burgers. Way off the mark but I'm sure the trend will reach whatever  annex of the Central Belt in a few years, perhaps around the same time as colour TV

41 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Fucking 'mon then.

Tommy Banner Accordion High Resolution Stock Photography and Images - Alamy

Any fuckin time 

Edited by Bert Raccoon

1 minute ago, Bert Raccoon said:

You'd be surprised, go into any hipster pub and you'll find a bottle of Bucky ironically behind the bar eg. Nice and Sleazys. Add to that Buckfast infused food such as burgers. Way off the mark but I'm sure the trend will reach whatever  annex of the Central Belt in a few years, perhaps around the same time as colour TV

Amy fuckin time 

Mind if i don't? 

18 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:
Amy fuckin time 

Re the buckfast, I can mind years ago being at a do in a very non hipster place, but it was a function so not the normal clientele.... I was an avid tonic drinker at the time and the amount of folk who seen it behind the bar and bought me a wee glass of it then sat there waiting for me to drink it like they were performing some sort of weird experiment was mental.

I honestly dont know what some folk think Buckfast is/does to you but it was a very strange situation, which I was able to endure on the basis that I was getting free tonic

1021569.jpg

Edited by Bairnardo

If Edinburgh is the Central Belt then surely all the places that have effectively become bedroom communities for Edinburgh are included too, which now includes Dunfermline and has long included it's surrounding area. Inverkeithing is a 20 minute train ride from the centre of Edinburgh. To suggest all of Fife isn't included while rural market towns like Ayr are included is ridiculous. 

Paisly ,dumbarton glasgow,all of North Lanarkshire, all of West & mid Lothian , Edinburgh, Musselburgh prestonpans . falkirk Stirling (town only) Clackmannanshire south coast of fife Dunfermline = true central belt
Greenock northern half of Ayrshire incl killie troon etc most of south Lanarkshire , rest of fife, perth & dundee, eastwards out to dunbar
= the “greater central belt”
How does that sound?

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Clackmannanshire. Ooft

A hinterland. Nowhere near the Central Belt.

1 minute ago, Detournement said:

North Berwick, Callander, Dollar. All absolutely full of country bumpkins.

The fucking Trossachs are on that map!

Are you trying to say the internet is wrong? THE INTERNET ITSELF!!!

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Central_belt_map.png

49 minutes ago, Torpar said:

If Edinburgh is the Central Belt then surely all the places that have effectively become bedroom communities for Edinburgh are included too, which now includes Dunfermline and has long included it's surrounding area. Inverkeithing is a 20 minute train ride from the centre of Edinburgh. To suggest all of Fife isn't included while rural market towns like Ayr are included is ridiculous. 

Ayr/Prestwick has actual stuff in them that people from outside the area travel to race course, beach, airport. The movement of people between the places is surely what defines the central belt which is basically the economic areas of the two major cities plus Falkirk scraping in.

It's also on a different level of civilization to Cowdenbeath, Methil or Glenthroses. They would be comparable to Saltcoats or Ardrossan which are definitely not central belt.

Edited by Detournement

If we want some OFFICIAL guidance we can look to Scottish Parliament regions.

Lothian, Central Scotland, Glasgow are in the Central Belt.

Mid Scotland and Fife, South Scotland, Highland and North East Scotland are not.

West Scotland is the only controversial area imo. We have to go constituency by constituency

Clydebank and Milngavie - yes

Cunninghame North - No

Cunninghame South - No

Dumbarton - No

Eastwood - Yes

Greenock and inverclyde - No

Paisley - Yes

Renfrewshire North and West - Yes

Renfrewshire South - Yes

Strathkelvin and Bearsden - Yes

If we want some OFFICIAL guidance we can look to Scottish Parliament regions.

Lothian, Central Scotland, Glasgow are in the Central Belt.

Mid Scotland and Fife, South Scotland, Highland and North East Scotland are not.

West Scotland is the only controversial area imo. We have to go constituency by constituency

Clydebank and Milngavie - yes

Cunninghame North - No

Cunninghame South - No

Dumbarton - No

Eastwood - Yes

Greenock and inverclyde - No

Paisley - Yes

Renfrewshire North and West - Yes

Renfrewshire South - Yes

Strathkelvin and Bearsden - Yes

I don't even know where half of that lot are and I'm from here. 

Is it the half that is out in the sticks?

You can see all the regions and constituencies here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Scottish_Parliament_constituencies_and_electoral_regions_(2011–present)

Aye, but any half-wit can edit the internet so I'm told. 

14 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Ayr/Prestwick has actual stuff in them that people from outside the area travel to race course, beach, airport. The movement of people between the places is surely what defines the central belt which is basically the economic areas of the two major cities plus Falkirk scraping in.

It's also on a different level of civilization to Cowdenbeath, Methil or Glenthroses. They would be comparable to Saltcoats or Ardrossan which are definitely not central belt.

Like the thousands of people that travel from South West Fife to and from Edinburgh every day?