Central belt boundaries

Stolen from twitter because everyone there is wrong.

This is the correct boundary of the central belt. (Based on accents and potential for commuting to Glasgow it arguably extends down the west coast as far as Ballantrae.)

Anyone suggesting Stirling or (inhales) Fife as part of the central belt needs to be sectioned.

837712226_Screenshot2021-06-09at13-05-16GoogleMaps.thumb.png.4a344224f961d43b2c5d1edbb816df55.png

Ayr is categorically central belt. It's 45 minutes on a bus from Glasgow city centre ffs. The only people who don't think Ayr is central belt are weird grey-skinned city folk who only know of trees from books and still think of Ayr as "that place with a Butlins".

Edited by Thumper

This confused me, idgaf either way but where I stay is North of Ayr on a map but considered Southern Scotland where as Ayr is central belt? 

I think I could get to Edinburgh quicker than people in Ayr could get to Glasgow. 

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Ayr is categorically central belt. It's 45 minutes on a bus from Glasgow city centre ffs. The only people who don't think Ayr is central belt are weird grey-skinned city folk who only know of trees from books and still think of Ayr as "that place with a Butlins".

Dunfermline is 45 mins in a car. 

Within a 30 mile radius of Edinburgh and Glasgow would be it for me. 

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

X77 timetable says over an hour from Ayr to Buchanan Street. From where I stay in FIfe, the bus is timetabled to take an hour to Buchanan bus station. I think you need to rethink what you class as central belt if you are using commute times. Going by car I can do Glasgow city centre in less than half an hour

1 minute ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

Dunfermline is 45 mins in a car.

A car that drives over the sea.

If "it is a bit windy" is a condition which completely cuts you off from all civilisation to the south, then you  aren't central belt.

19 minutes ago, Thumper said:

This is the correct boundary of the central belt. (Based on accents and potential for commuting to Glasgow it arguably extends down the west coast as far as Ballantrae.)

Anyone suggesting Stirling or (inhales) Fife as part of the central belt needs to be sectioned.

837712226_Screenshot2021-06-09at13-05-16GoogleMaps.thumb.png.4a344224f961d43b2c5d1edbb816df55.png

Should this not be in the Facts You Made Up thread?

That line needs shifted north east. Up as far as Stirling, plus south of Fife at least as far East as Inverkeithing, almost certainly Kirkcaldy and probably the Leven/Largo border. As far inland as Glenrothes and Kinross. I'd propose the A911 east of the motorway and A91 on the west as the rural borders. 

1 hour ago, Thumper said:

Dumbarton's not in the Central Belt, who knew eh?

42 minutes ago, Thumper said:

CF0C1D79-491A-4C90-AC0C-64D5278EEB9A.jpeg

36 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Ayr is absolutely definitely not central belt. Anywhere that Glaswegians went on holiday is automatically not central belt, regardless of how good the road and rail connections are.

20 minutes ago, coprolite said:

That line needs shifted north east. Up as far as Stirling, plus south of Fife at least as far East as Inverkeithing, almost certainly Kirkcaldy and probably the Leven/Largo border. As far inland as Glenrothes and Kinross. I'd propose the A911 east of the motorway and A91 on the west as the rural borders. 

The line in Fife should include everything up to Leven, but not Lower Largo. Northwards, it stops immediately after Glenrothes. 

Agreed, needs Stirling in it, also Dumbarton and the Vale of Leven.