29 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Anyone know what is meant by 'the Camelot sponsorship deal to factor in'?

The Lottery Funding given out to the clubs earlier came with conditions.

One of which is a Matchday where purchasers of a lottery ticket can get free entry if accompanied by another adult paying full admission. It is also hoped that we could make this matchday on an International Weekend.

I have chosen the 4th of September as the first one and tried to factor in as many 'big games' as possible.

3 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

I know the SJFA AGM is on Monday and the draw for the first two round is on the 3rd July - I was meaning the Strathclyde Cup and the WoSFL Cup (if it is going ahead).

Until the SJFA have confirmed who's in membership for 2021-22 they wouldn't do the draw for the Strathclyde Cup. So anytime after Monday on that one.

WoSFL Cup is probably being saved for the second half of the season which is why there's no news on that front.

One of those instances where you need to have experienced just how crazily club officials can behave over something like this to understand the need for that to be stated. Totally understandable rather than unhinged if you have ever been involved with running a league.

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

One of those instances where you need to have experienced just how crazily club officials can behave over something like this to understand the need for that to be stated. Totally understandable rather than unhinged if you have ever been involved with running a league.

And still the moans come in. New League, New Status, New Beginnings. Same old moans.

51 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Until the SJFA have confirmed who's in membership for 2021-22 they wouldn't do the draw for the Strathclyde Cup. So anytime after Monday on that one.

I hadn't realised until now that if you were members of SJFA you couldn't be in this cup. I wonder how many clubs will be in this for 2021-22 even more now. I'd have thought most clubs would have kept up their SJFA membership at least until they got their SFA Licence. So if this was the case and you also take out Talbot, Clydebank, Darvel etc with their Licence it doesn't leave many. Kilwinning? Maybe I've misread the room. Maybe it's too early in the morning to be commenting on P&B.

It's a thankless task that nobody will ever succeed at. If you look you'll probably find issues, but that's just the way it is and human nature to moan. I'm glad he's doing it and not me.

That said, I like a witch hunt...RESIGN...YOU'RE RUBBISH!

3 minutes ago, caleyth said:

Aye that 'statement' is bizarre you are fixture secretary for the west of scotland football league mate no the UN general secretary. 

Just concentrate on producing fixtures in the background  no need to complicate things by producing 'statements ' .

No problem mate. I'll just delete my social media accounts and you can all go back to guessing what's going on.

1 hour ago, theesel1994 said:

I hadn't realised until now that if you were members of SJFA you couldn't be in this cup. I wonder how many clubs will be in this for 2021-22 even more now. I'd have thought most clubs would have kept up their SJFA membership at least until they got their SFA Licence. So if this was the case and you also take out Talbot, Clydebank, Darvel etc with their Licence it doesn't leave many. Kilwinning? Maybe I've misread the room. Maybe it's too early in the morning to be commenting on P&B.

I might be missing someone but based on current membership, the Strathclyde Cup would have these entrants:

1. Bellshill Athletic
  2. Bonnyton Thistle
  3. BSC Glasgow
  4. Cambuslang Rangers
  5. Campbeltown Pupils
  6. Drumchapel United
  7. Finnart
  8. Forth Wanderers
  9. Glenvale
  10. Harmony Row
  11. Harthill Royal
  12. Kilsyth Athletic
  13. Kilwinning Rangers
  14. Neilston
  15. Newmains United
  16. Port Glasgow
  17. Royal Albert
  18. Rutherglen Glencairn
  19. St Cadoc's
  20. St Peters

With winner presumably going up against the Alex Jack & Alba Cup winners in a rebranded South & East Cup Winners Shield. Certainly an easier pathway to a trophy and potential Scottish Cup qualification than the Junior Cup.

Edited by FairWeatherFan
edit: Kilwinning added

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I might be missing someone but based on current membership, the Strathclyde Cup would have these entrants:

1. Bellshill Athletic
  2. Bonnyton Thistle
  3. BSC Glasgow
  4. Cambuslang Rangers
  5. Campbeltown Pupils
  6. Drumchapel United
  7. Finnart
  8. Forth Wanderers
  9. Glenvale
  10. Harmony Row
  11. Harthill Royal
  12. Kilsyth Athletic
  13. Neilston
  14. Newmains United
  15. Port Glasgow
  16. Royal Albert
  17. Rutherglen Glencairn
  18. St Cadoc's
  19. St Peters

With winner presumably going up against the Alex Jack & Alba Cup winners in a rebranded South & East Cup Winners Shield. Certainly an easier pathway to a trophy and potential Scottish Cup qualification than the Junior Cup.

Shotts?

3 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Did you not get an invitation? Oh dear!

I clearly need to start saying nice stuff about the various Twitter accounts.

"professional", "relevant", "informative" - just some of the false compliments I'll be using.