Kelty Hearts Thread

10 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

Now your asking 😂 seen him play 

CB , RB , LB, CM, RM and just behind striker like a number 10   But think giving a run of games he'd be best at RB or CM  boys got a great engine and not scared of a tackle (sometimes late though) and I don't think he's been injured in his time at Kelty nothing that's kept him out for ages anyway, really good signing , How's Andy Black come on with you guys another cracking player if he can stay fit ?

I think the prevailing view of some is that if Black can get properly fit (which he wasn't), him and McNab will be a formidable CM pairing,

I wish McNab had been able to go one step further and shine at League One level, although to go from Lowland League to League One is still an achievement in its own right. 

When you take into account his versatility and the type of player he is (someone else used the word "engine" which is spot on), a League One ready McNab would be a tremendous asset, and at 27 he's an impressive signing for Cowdenbeath. To be fair he's not stood out for me as being especially unsuited to League One, and I wouldn't put a significant amount of money on all of our new/future signings being better than him. 

Edited by KH4

11 hours ago, KH4 said:

I wish McNab had been able to go one step further and shine at League One level, although to go from Lowland League to League One is still an achievement in its own right. 

When you take into account his versatility and the type of player he is (someone else used the word "engine" which is spot on), a League One ready McNab would be a tremendous asset, and at 27 he's an impressive signing for Cowdenbeath. To be fair he's not stood out for me as being especially unsuited to League One, and I wouldn't put a significant amount of money on all of our new/future signings being better than him. 

Agreed. Seen glimmers of great play from him at times the last couple of seasons. Still a fair few bodies for tids to conjure up before the season starts as we are looking a bit threadbare to say the least! Sure there will be more to come, with consolidation in league 1 being the main aim! 

1 hour ago, Rossthedog said:

Agreed. Seen glimmers of great play from him at times the last couple of seasons. Still a fair few bodies for tids to conjure up before the season starts as we are looking a bit threadbare to say the least! Sure there will be more to come, with consolidation in league 1 being the main aim! 

Totally agree consolidating would be brilliant this season coming especially with all the changes , would bite your hand off for 7th place already 😂😂, leagues gotta be between the full timers as this will probably be their last year staying full time for most if they stay here 

48 minutes ago, RiverCity said:

We have signed Lewis Martin fae you guys , what’s he like , personally I think it’s an excellent signing for the City.

Great signing at Highland league level. Consistent if unspectacular but should stroll it for you at that level.

1 hour ago, RiverCity said:

We have signed Lewis Martin fae you guys , what’s he like , personally I think it’s an excellent signing for the City.

Stunned he’s had to drop 2 divisions to get a gig. That’s a fantastic signing for you, but some travel from Falkirk 3 times a week

10 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

Stunned he’s had to drop 2 divisions to get a gig. That’s a fantastic signing for you, but some travel from Falkirk 3 times a week

Quite surprised also but a two year deal on offer also I guess. Brechin should be favourites to get to the playoff again I guess.

On 29/05/2023 at 22:34, Kelheart said:

leagues gotta be between the full timers as this will probably be their last year staying full time for most if they stay here 

With Dunfermline and Airdrie both gone, Which teams will be full-time in League one next season? 🤔

3 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Hamilton / Queen of the South / Cove / Falkirk

Cheers! 👍

Good to know from a betting point of view.

Should be Falkirk then.

It is Falkirk though, so probably Qots.

26 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

Cheers! 👍

Good to know from a betting point of view.

Should be Falkirk then.

It is Falkirk though, so probably Qots.

At this stage, with our squad still to be assembled by Bartley, I'd not be separating QOS from either Accies or Cove ... it would also be too simplistic and sheer folly to rule out Alloa from that group simply because they're not FT.  Falkirk will be clear title favourites from the outset, no question there.

Montrose, Kelty and Stirling ... I've no real knowledge, but I get the feeling they'll not be in trouble.  Most likely to struggle will probably be Annan and maybe Edinburgh (lots going on behind the scenes there) but I expect the Dumfriesshire derbies to be tasty affairs and will no doubt cause Queens problems ... and of course we only ever beat Accies or Alloa when Halley's comet comes into view!

53 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

At this stage, with our squad still to be assembled by Bartley, I'd not be separating QOS from either Accies or Cove ... it would also be too simplistic and sheer folly to rule out Alloa from that group simply because they're not FT.  Falkirk will be clear title favourites from the outset, no question there.

Montrose, Kelty and Stirling ... I've no real knowledge, but I get the feeling they'll not be in trouble.  Most likely to struggle will probably be Annan and maybe Edinburgh (lots going on behind the scenes there) but I expect the Dumfriesshire derbies to be tasty affairs and will no doubt cause Queens problems ... and of course we only ever beat Accies or Alloa when Halley's comet comes into view!

Wouldn’t be too arsed about the level of FT player at clubs other than Falkirk. These guys are clinging on to FT status by a bawhair

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wouldn’t be too arsed about the level of FT player at clubs other than Falkirk ...

It's a challenge no doubt, but at least it's a statement of intent.

What's the status at mighty Arbroath these days?  Totally FT or hybrid?

1 minute ago, Otis Blue said:

It's a challenge no doubt, but at least it's a statement of intent.

What's the status at mighty Arbroath these days?  Totally FT or hybrid?

Part time - last season we had some ‘Full Time’ players living In the town some signed and some on loan from England who done their own training a couple days a week but overall we are a completely part time footballing operation 

3 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

I hope and think (despite it being so early in pre-season) you are right with this prediction. I think last year we showed that we were solid enough and we obviously had Carrick and others in the side who could bagged goals. We've added a bit more quality in Hilson and looking at the squad balance, I would expect another 1 maybe 2 to come in in the more attacking areas, so I think we will be ok this season, by and large.

Darren Young has assembled a good squad, one that can hopefully be likened to Montrose when they came up.....maybe not in style, but in the way they've never really been in any danger of the drop (from memory) and have gradually built under a consistent manager. I would take that.

PS - apologies for going off topic everyone

Edited by BB_Bino

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Halley's Comet pop around twice last season? 🤔

Our bad record against Alloa is exaggerated. Given the relative size of both clubs and the fact that Alloa seem to absolutely steal results from us on a regular basis it's understandable but it's not actually as bad as everybody claims. They do very well at Palmerston where we've beaten them only once in our last 8 meetings (though we had won 6 in a row before that). Our record up there is decent actually. We've won 6 and drawn 4 of our last 14 games there.

Our record at Hamilton on the other hand truly is atrocious. Against Accies themselves we've lost our last 10 visits, and won only once in our last 20 visits. Our home record isn't massively better. 3 wins in our last 16 home games v Accies.

51 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Wouldn’t be too arsed about the level of FT player at clubs other than Falkirk. These guys are clinging on to FT status by a bawhair

And Falkirk players aren't?