Kelty Hearts Thread

On 25/04/2023 at 18:58, leomessi1984 said:

Barjonas & Alfie will be away I think. Our new budget will dictate a lot but hopefully Tids has some influence too. Where is O'Ware off to? 

Just hearsay neeb that he wants away apparently, maybe closer to home but at least here he's one of the first on the team sheet when fit , hope he stays 

5 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Just hearsay neeb that he wants away apparently, maybe closer to home but at least here he's one of the first on the team sheet when fit , hope he stays 

He's big pals with Tids & they obviously have the academy together too so hopefully tempted to hang around.

On 24/04/2023 at 20:21, Lichtie78 said:

Is Nathan Austin a busted flush?

Much as I'd like to be proven wrong, I think it would be an error to have Austin as the main number 9. He's been bedevilled with injury after injury this season, and this has contributed to Kelty's lowly league finish as his goals and assists have been badly missed. When fit he's been a terrific player for Kelty, and he's one of those players that you like to see on the ball, but I have a feeling that he will miss a fair few games next season too.

Played a lot better than that in most games this season and got nothing so nice to get something from nothing yesterday ,Darge definitely worth keeping hold off if possible , Milne as well back on loan would be a massive boost for us , commiserations to Peterhead 

4 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Wee bit of looking in and Barron hasn't played for Aberdeen since January ,injured ?? Would take him back in loan as well 

We have 0 chance of getting the wee man back on loan unfortunately. He'll go to a bottom end Prem team I would think as his pedigree is now well above where it was. Would be class though I agree! 

How's Leitch been for you lads? Surprised to see the statistic of played 11 score none and assisted none. Has he been playing wide right? He normally can get himself into positions and if given a chance will take it.

I think I said when he went on loan I didn't really know his strongest position and ultimately he won't set L1 alight. Interesting to see where he ends up next, maybe join his brother with the Binos

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

How's Leitch been for you lads? Surprised to see the statistic of played 11 score none and assisted none. Has he been playing wide right? He normally can get himself into positions and if given a chance will take it.

I think I said when he went on loan I didn't really know his strongest position and ultimately he won't set L1 alight. Interesting to see where he ends up next, maybe join his brother with the Binos

In all  honesty for me he's been ok that's about it , then I thought same about Lyon after first good few games but he has been a good steady player in the end for us , would I keep Leitch next season probably not if being totally honest 

9 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

In all  honesty for me he's been ok that's about it , then I thought same about Lyon after first good few games but he has been a good steady player in the end for us , would I keep Leitch next season probably not if being totally honest 

About what I expected too. Feel he has the ability to play league 1 but hasn't shown it so far.

Someone might get a greater return out of him and he'd be a decent signing. Got a little pace and trickery, can score, can have some nice touches but he undoubtedly go missing for long periods of the match.

I wouldn't be surprised if went to Stirling Albion / Montrose / Peterhead. Latter are looking for bodies and he knows Ryan Strachan from his time at Cove. @peternapper would you have him?

37 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

About what I expected too. Feel he has the ability to play league 1 but hasn't shown it so far.

Someone might get a greater return out of him and he'd be a decent signing. Got a little pace and trickery, can score, can have some nice touches but he undoubtedly go missing for long periods of the match.

I wouldn't be surprised if went to Stirling Albion / Montrose / Peterhead. Latter are looking for bodies and he knows Ryan Strachan from his time at Cove. @peternapper would you have him?

Would take his brother Jack Back seems to have done ok at Albion

2 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Would take his brother Jack Back seems to have done ok at Albion

Yeah Jack scored a few vital goals for the blue toon and appears to have done well for the Binos too. 

I'm fully expecting at least 1 player if not more to move from Cove to Peterhead this summer

17 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

He's looked like a decent squad player but only a couple of flashes of quality. Like you said he drifts out of games. Needs to demand the ball more for me. Not sure if we're looking to keep him. Tidser might given super Joe is likely to hang up the boots.

2 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

He's looked like a decent squad player but only a couple of flashes of quality. Like you said he drifts out of games. Needs to demand the ball more for me. Not sure if we're looking to keep him. Tidser might given super Joe is likely to hang up the boots.

Was very much a squad player for us too. Definitely needs to demand the ball more I agree; remember shouting at him to ask for it when he was wide open on the wing.

What's the thoughts on Tidser as a manager, high expectations for next season? Will he get a budget to push for promotion playoffs? Will Kelty be able to hold onto some key players? Cardle getting close to retirement age, Austin, Ageyman and Barjonas will likely attract offers from elsewhere..

6 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Was very much a squad player for us too. Definitely needs to demand the ball more I agree; remember shouting at him to ask for it when he was wide open on the wing.

What's the thoughts on Tidser as a manager, high expectations for next season? Will he get a budget to push for promotion playoffs? Will Kelty be able to hold onto some key players? Cardle getting close to retirement age, Austin, Ageyman and Barjonas will likely attract offers from elsewhere..

Mid table will be the target. Budget will be decent but not as big as previous years. Tidser has always looked a leader and certainly talks a good game. Time will tell though.

Poor stuff today. Wee Joe working harder than most says it all. The young lads coming on are not up to this level & if that's in any way the plan next year we're toast. We miss Higgy & Tidser so much on the park. No leadership or direction. Felt like a pre season game at times from us.

Potter, for me, hasn't done well & regardless of the Raith stuff, should have been moving on. Tidser has a job on his hands! 

8 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Poor stuff today. Wee Joe working harder than most says it all. The young lads coming on are not up to this level & if that's in any way the plan next year we're toast. We miss Higgy & Tidser so much on the park. No leadership or direction. Felt like a pre season game at times from us.

Potter, for me, hasn't done well & regardless of the Raith stuff, should have been moving on. Tidser has a job on his hands! 

I'm glad someone else said it. I don't want to be harsh on any of the younger lads but at this level at least they either aren't ready or are never going to be. There should be a place for first team development, and I hope it yields productive results but if we've any hope of surviving next season they can't form the vanguard of the strategy. 

Id have been scunnered if Potter hung around for another season, and I'm holding on to the hope that we keep a few of the more experienced, capable players and that Tidser has a transformative effect on the rest. As it stands just now though, next season is looking like a battle. 

10 hours ago, KH4 said:

I'm glad someone else said it. I don't want to be harsh on any of the younger lads but at this level at least they either aren't ready or are never going to be. There should be a place for first team development, and I hope it yields productive results but if we've any hope of surviving next season they can't form the vanguard of the strategy. 

Id have been scunnered if Potter hung around for another season, and I'm holding on to the hope that we keep a few of the more experienced, capable players and that Tidser has a transformative effect on the rest. As it stands just now though, next season is looking like a battle. 

It was promising to see us linked with Lyon from Greenock, that's the type of signing that'll keep us competitive at least. I agree though, straight from the lowland league dev squad to L1 will be a stretch unless the odd player is a total standout. Shearer has looked half decent tbf I guess. 

Now your seasons done and dusted like ours and with the likes of Barjonas and Agyeman both being linked with us can you give us a bit of insight into both (obviously barjonas was with us before but less said the better) and can the make the step up to the championship?