Kelty Hearts Thread

On 28/01/2023 at 12:48, leomessi1984 said:

Leitch looks a decent addition. Out of contract in the summer too so if he does well we might try & keep him I would thin

Yes looking quite decent , quite like Charlie Reilly that’s banging them In for Albion Rovers every week and also Dylan Paterson at Bo’ness Athletic he’s scoring two or three most weeks from midfield , think he might be an Arbroath player though both around the 21-22 age so would be great young signings imo 

• 2 weeks later...

Low away to Clydebank 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️what is going on ?? Mcnab at Darvel we now officially have hee haw off the bench except Philp. Really threadbare and probably hoping to ride it out 3rd bottom for rest of the season , in fairness if Low has absolutely no intention of staying with us next season then it’s maybe a no bad call to free up his wages, Leitch has actually done really well since signing and would rather see him tied up 

5 hours ago, bairn88 said:

I know this may sound harsh, and I don’t know how good Low has been for you (more than decent by most accounts), but I wouldn’t want someone playing for my team who can’t be arsed travelling an extra hour by car twice a week to train! 

Its not that he 'cant be arsed' so yes it is harsh.

A fit Nicky Low is a massive loss for any lower division SPFL side.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Its not that he 'cant be arsed' so yes it is harsh.

A fit Nicky Low is a massive loss for any lower division SPFL side.

Defo is neeb but if his hearts not in it then best away , he’s been out injured since Xmas so been playing without him for good few weeks anyway but we defo need some more cover as when watching the game against Gala the young ones that come in from the 20s were miles off playing at this level 

3 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I understand that Low has family issues that mean being nearer to home is required. What are Bankies getting - presuming he's back fit ?

When he's fully fit, Nicky Low is a class midfielder - certainly still at L1 level.  Below the senior leagues he should be outstanding.  The only question is his ability to stay fit for a run of games.  Quality player.

27 minutes ago, BANKIEBILL said:

I understand that Low has family issues that mean being nearer to home is required. What are Bankies getting - presuming he's back fit ?

At our level a Quality player if fit mate type of player who looks like they have all the time in the world when he has the ball , great signing 

2 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

He'll be the best midfielder in the league bar McShane at Darvel possibly. Class on the ball and a grafter too. He'll be excellent for you.

He came on around 10 mins into 2nd half. Took 10 mins to adjust to pace etc so we saw him for 25 / 30 mins. What ... a ... player. Deliveries were all peaches and he can pick a pass. We have mibbee 20 games left this season. Will savour all of them. 

22 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

He came on around 10 mins into 2nd half. Took 10 mins to adjust to pace etc so we saw him for 25 / 30 mins. What ... a ... player. Deliveries were all peaches and he can pick a pass. We have mibbee 20 games left this season. Will savour all of them.

If Nicky Low was properly fit he'd be playing Premiership without a doubt. He was done as a full time footballer when he left us in 2019 though. He can't cope with it. He went to East Stirling then to wind his career down but Covid shutting down that level of football for a while meant he joined Arbroath instead as the only part time team who were still playing and it went so well that a deal was struck for him to stay on there. He was outstanding for a couple of years there when he was able to play. I do wonder if Arbroath wrung out the last of what was left in his body though. Kelty boys will know better than me but I think after a decent enough start with them he broke down again and hasn't played in some time. That may also be because he's been unable to attend training though since he was able to play for Clydebank.

You should savour what you get of him, I can't see it lasting all that much longer. What he player when fit though. Outstanding.

Another point on the board yesterday but really needed 3 if had any hope of a play off place , next 3 games Edinburgh, Airdrie , Montrose will be all must wins if we do hold out any hopes of a place in them but unfortunately can't see it , so we build for next seasons assault on the league imo 

Mon Kelty