Kelty Hearts Thread

41 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Played a lot of games for the Diamonds last year.

He did well for us. He spent most of the first half of the season filling in at left back and while he’s clearly not a natural there, he did absolutely fine and there were only a couple of games where he looked out of sorts. He moved back into midfield for a bit after McInroy left and did well but his performances tailed off a bit towards the end of the season. That can happen with young players though and he certainly put a shift in wherever he was played. 

I think he’s a good signing for Kelty and is certainly good enough to be a regular starter. He chipped in with a few goals too, notably sealing the win over Motherwell literally hours after signing for us. I hope he does well, just not against us!

58 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Got a bit of the fear about this derby. You lot can’t keep losing and we surely can’t keep winning. Not even let in a goal yet. 

Yes we can if we keep playing how we are , anyway come get your 3 points and have a great day out 😢

Actually this is the first time in 5 seasons we’re under the cosh a bit , team might gel and Potter gets us through this or we have a torrid first quarter and Potter walks either way still happy as fek at where we are and what we’ve achieved 

Mon Kelty 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Yes we can if we keep playing how we are , anyway come get your 3 points and have a great day out 😢

McPake has been stressing results are in spite of the squad/options available to him and that there will come a time when these narrow 1-0 wins become draws or losses unless he can strengthen. Should be a really good occasion anyway. 

A few things I’ve noticed from the start of the season until now.

We are playing more direct/long balls than we did last season. And I don’t think it’s to our advantage.

The higher up the leagues you go, the less games where you will get plenty of chances. Passing up 3 very good 1st half chances yesterday is going to hurt.

The higher up the leagues you go, the more pace you are going to face. We got burned yesterday on the break twice and it cost two goals which killed the game. We don’t seem to have much pace at the back.

Playing a 3 in midfield with McNab as the most attacking of the 3 doesn’t work. He has plenty of energy and effort but surely he would be better sitting a bit deeper and let Barjonas play off the forwards? Hopefully Lyon’s starts next week as he looked decent.

We seem to miss a proper defensive midfielder. Andy Black did a pretty under appreciated job at times last season.

Very much missing Higgy, hopefully he is back soon. We also need a wide attacker to give us options. Cardle has some energy but surely he can’t do that week in week out for 90 mins.

17 minutes ago, crowie said:

A few things I’ve noticed from the start of the season until now.

We are playing more direct/long balls than we did last season. And I don’t think it’s to our advantage.

The higher up the leagues you go, the less games where you will get plenty of chances. Passing up 3 very good 1st half chances yesterday is going to hurt.

The higher up the leagues you go, the more pace you are going to face. We got burned yesterday on the break twice and it cost two goals which killed the game. We don’t seem to have much pace at the back.

Playing a 3 in midfield with McNab as the most attacking of the 3 doesn’t work. He has plenty of energy and effort but surely he would be better sitting a bit deeper and let Barjonas play off the forwards? Hopefully Lyon’s starts next week as he looked decent.

We seem to miss a proper defensive midfielder. Andy Black did a pretty under appreciated job at times last season.

Very much missing Higgy, hopefully he is back soon. We also need a wide attacker to give us options. Cardle has some energy but surely he can’t do that week in week out for 90 mins.

I noticed last season that it was quite often the case that teams were getting through our midfield a bit too easily. It was not a big problem as Kelty were head and shoulders above the rest, but that isn't the case this season due to the better quality of the sides in League 1. I would prefer to see a more defensive system used, maybe 4-5-1 in an attempt to make it more difficult for teams to score against us. 

4 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Think Tam owares a great player for us but Bell had a great debut for us yesterday , Lyon was snapping into tackles and winning second balls , Higgy back gave the whole team a lift as well , McGill up top did what was asked of him but still think if Agyeman can get his shooting boots on he can be that main striker , brilliant point to get wouldn’t say we deserved more but clean sheet stops the rot

Dunfermline fans were superb in Kelty club the day , good laugh and confident of a result , pity about the twats throwing coins , bottles at DJ absolute mongs 

I agree about Aggy, he would be a good number 9 if he could bring a bit of composure to his finishing. Good as he is, Austin is out injured too often, it was the same last season. I would love it though if he was back soon a d remained injury free for the vast majority of the season, but I doubt if that will be the case.

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Going to say it , this team isn’t playing for Potter , somethings not right in the camp , worthy of a punt on him but clearly not working 

I'm beginning to think the same. Cardle & Austin big misses but the teams just not at ot.