Kelty Hearts Thread

1 minute ago, leomessi1984 said:

Excellent defensive performance. We could have had a couple of goals too! Considering how light we are squad wise that was decent! 

Aye played well mate , thought Peggie did well today, no real options off the bench at the moment but with Austin , Philp and Cardle all missing from the squad probably just got enough till we get some loans in or make the proper good signings we need 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Aye played well mate , thought Peggie did well today, no real options off the bench at the moment but with Austin , Philp and Cardle all missing from the squad probably just got enough till we get some loans in or make the proper good signings we need 

Good to hear that Forster got the mom accolade today, he and O'Ware have been outstanding against the three full-teams. Felt a bit sorry for Higgy today as not only did he have to play out of position, but he also had to face a barrage of high balls thrown at him with the disadvantage of being several inches shorter than Caley's central defenders! He put in a terrific shift though. It does highlight the need for a back up forward for Austin. Next Saturday should give us a good idea as to how the team's shaping up. Looking forward to it already!

Finlayson playing champions league football after loan spell 

Barron an Aberdeen starter towards end of season 

Max getting a start for St Johnstone 

Ngwenya on the bench for Dons at weekend and tonight 

surely Kelty  the place to come for premiership youngsters to get game time 😀🤔

17 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Finlayson playing champions league football after loan spell 

Barron an Aberdeen starter towards end of season 

Max getting a start for St Johnstone 

Ngwenya on the bench for Dons at weekend and tonight 

surely Kelty  the place to come for premiership youngsters to get game time 😀🤔

Certainly been a good schooling ground so far! 

16 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Should have been out of sight today. Worrying.

Yip Austin n Alfie pretty wasteful up front imo today , would put Austin on the bench as think Alfie plays better without him , back to a 4/3/3 as well as that served the same guys much better last season , also Martin better at LB than RB but what do I know 

sore one today but fair play to Albion 

Mon Kelty 

2 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Yip Austin n Alfie pretty wasteful up front imo today , would put Austin on the bench as think Alfie plays better without him , back to a 4/3/3 as well as that served the same guys much better last season , also Martin better at LB than RB but what do I know 

sore one today but fair play to Albion 

Mon Kelty 

It's still early in the season but today was a bit concerning. I agree that Aggy should play the number 9 role and Barjo should play a true number 10 as it's his best position.  I also agree that Martin should be left back with a right back being brought in.  Probably could do with a workhorse in midfield to complement Tids. Having said all that Kelty should have won, but today's performance won't win many games in League 1, however there's time yet. Onwards and upwards!

Very early days but that result is concerning. Potter needs time, but I also think he needs to get players in ASAP to help his cause. Easier said than done, but Kelty look weaker now than they did this time last year.

Biggest issue yesterday seemed to be the style of play. Tried to hit Austin and Alfie early with lots of long balls. It didn’t work. It won’t work because you only win a certain % of balls punted up and the ones you win, unless there is someone there to take the flick on then you are losing the second ball. The big Albion centre back was strolling it v the long ball game.

There was small period in second half when ball was played around, possession, looking for the pass, how we played most of last season. Looked so much better.

It is early days but the squad is thin, there’s not much options off the bench and there have to be question marks over how well some of the starting 11 will fare in League 1. Add that to a long ball game seeming to be the preferred tactic and it’s not looking good.

1 hour ago, crowie said:

Biggest issue yesterday seemed to be the style of play. Tried to hit Austin and Alfie early with lots of long balls. It didn’t work. It won’t work because you only win a certain % of balls punted up and the ones you win, unless there is someone there to take the flick on then you are losing the second ball. The big Albion centre back was strolling it v the long ball game.

There was small period in second half when ball was played around, possession, looking for the pass, how we played most of last season. Looked so much better.

It is early days but the squad is thin, there’s not much options off the bench and there have to be question marks over how well some of the starting 11 will fare in League 1. Add that to a long ball game seeming to be the preferred tactic and it’s not looking good.

Can't see us playing long after being so successful last season & with the players we have. Unfortunately McNab is never going to fit in that midfield at that level and Peggie, although he has an engine, does not play enough on the deck or have the awareness needed. Cardle coming back will make a big difference. We're in for Dylan Tait on loan, who'd be a great addition, and sure there will be others too to beef out the squad. 

Tuesday night is a chance for us to get the heads up but will be a tough ask.

Can't see us playing long after being so successful last season & with the players we have. Unfortunately McNab is never going to fit in that midfield at that level and Peggie, although he has an engine, does not play enough on the deck or have the awareness needed. Cardle coming back will make a big difference. We're in for Dylan Tait on loan, who'd be a great addition, and sure there will be others too to beef out the squad. 
Tuesday night is a chance for us to get the heads up but will be a tough ask.

Likewise but we were pretty long ball at Glenrothes too.

Full back, at least one more centre back, at least one centre mid and a wide option to challenge Cardle/Higgy. And a dare I say it an option at centre forward.

Team I’d go for tonight assuming all fit and available 

Jamieson
Philp          Oware    Forster     Martin

Higgy       Tidser       Reilly 

Cardle              Barjonas 

Agyeman 

Strang in for Higgy if not available , give him a decent run out as no chance of getting out group now 

1 hour ago, leomessi1984 said:

That's more like it Kelty! Great result and well deserved.

Brilliant and unexpected boys really deserved it as well according to ma neebur  who went up so fair play , Mcnab mom as well , what a difference a wee win does for the soul 

On 19/07/2022 at 22:11, Rossthedog said:

Needed that win tonight for a confidence boost man! Glad Alfie bagged a goal, though he done well against Albion. Did everything bar score! Is higgy injured the now? Missed last 2….

Big improvement from Saturday and a well deserved win. Hope the club are able to bring in some bodies before the league starts though.

9 hours ago, Robert Forbes said:

Big improvement from Saturday and a well deserved win. Hope the club are able to bring in some bodies before the league starts though.

Just watched highlights from cove game. Some nice football getting played. 3rd goal was very nice 👍🏻 also I see we have just signed Kyle Doherty. Another option up top. Still feel a few more signings to beef up the squad would be braw! On a side note I feel mcnab is starting to find a bit of a game. Looking better

40 minutes ago, Rossthedog said:

Just watched highlights from cove game. Some nice football getting played. 3rd goal was very nice 👍🏻 also I see we have just signed Kyle Doherty. Another option up top. Still feel a few more signings to beef up the squad would be braw! On a side note I feel mcnab is starting to find a bit of a game. Looking better

It was much more like a Kelty performance  Doherty looks like a decent signing, hope he fits in well. It could be that McNab was playing in his best position, he certainly made some excellent passes. 

Best I've seen McNab play in a Kelty shirt. As much as I've been critical of his ability to play at this level he's was excellent and I'd be happy to be proven wrong longer term.

Doherty was on trial at QPR late last year before injury. Hopefully another diamond 💎