Kelty Hearts Thread

Injuries are a bit concerning. I presume that Forster and Austin are injured, and now Martin also injured, looked like it could be hamstring. Anyone think that Aggy playing through the middle would be a good move? This would then allow Higgy to go wide, although he has played quite well as the number 9.

5 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

Injuries are a bit concerning. I presume that Forster and Austin are injured, and now Martin also injured, looked like it could be hamstring. Anyone think that Aggy playing through the middle would be a good move? This would then allow Higgy to go wide, although he has played quite well as the number 9.

Don't think Aggy has the awareness to play centrally. Higgy is better through the middle if Fash is out. Think he'll be back at the weekend though.

We were good tonight although Queen's could have scored too on a few occasions. Felt a good bit of fight from the boys and the shape was excellent.

8 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Don't think Aggy has the awareness to play centrally. Higgy is better through the middle if Fash is out. Think he'll be back at the weekend though.

We were good tonight although Queen's could have scored too on a few occasions. Felt a good bit of fight from the boys and the shape was excellent.

I only suggested it as I've never been a fan of replacing a player with another starting 11 player, then replacing the latter with a squad player. That way you're weakening two positions instead of one. Higgy has played really well at centre forward, but that's obviously not his best position. I think that Aggy would revel in the space he would find playing along the front, feeding him balls in the channels would give him the chance to run at, or outrun the centre backs. Plus he has more energy and pace to shut down the centre backs than Higgy has. I also think that Higgy would be more than happy to play out wide again. We've only scored 6 goals in 10 league matches, so anything is worth a shot. Aggy's finishing can be erratic but he would get better at it through time.

49 minutes ago, Robert Forbes said:

I only suggested it as I've never been a fan of replacing a player with another starting 11 player, then replacing the latter with a squad player. That way you're weakening two positions instead of one. Higgy has played really well at centre forward, but that's obviously not his best position. I think that Aggy would revel in the space he would find playing along the front, feeding him balls in the channels would give him the chance to run at, or outrun the centre backs. Plus he has more energy and pace to shut down the centre backs than Higgy has. I also think that Higgy would be more than happy to play out wide again. We've only scored 6 goals in 10 league matches, so anything is worth a shot. Aggy's finishing can be erratic but he would get better at it through time.

I would love Agy to be the main man up top but unfortunately he’s not quite there yet , still getting talked through the games by the likes of Higgy and Tidser , would keep him out wide for his energy and unpredictability with Austin up top and Higgy back out wide , thought Cardle looked well off it last night and it’s beginning to tell that this might be a step up too far for him at this age so maybe he’s better coming in for last 20 or so once Agy n Higgy have put their shifts in , anyway great win last night against what I thought was  a very poor full time team , yeah they had a lot of the ball and won the second balls but they were pretty poor overall 

Edited by Kelheart
Spelling

3 hours ago, Kelheart said:

I would love Agy to be the main man up top but unfortunately he’s not quite there yet , still getting talked through the games by the likes of Higgy and Tidser , would keep him out wide for his energy and unpredictability with Austin up top and Higgy back out wide , thought Cardle looked well off it last night and it’s beginning to tell that this might be a step up too far for him at this age so maybe he’s better coming in for last 20 or so once Agy n Higgy have put their shifts in , anyway great win last night against what I thought was  a very poor full time team , yeah they had a lot of the ball and won the second balls but they were pretty poor overall 

Joe was far more suited to the style of play we had last season. Simply put he's not getting enough of the ball to impact the game as he can. I think we'll see him in & out of the 11 which is the right call, he's still quality. 

Alfie was great last night. Potentially he's got the ability to play far above L1 if he can learn and end more end product.

41 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:

Joe was far more suited to the style of play we had last season. Simply put he's not getting enough of the ball to impact the game as he can. I think we'll see him in & out of the 11 which is the right call, he's still quality. 

Alfie was great last night. Potentially he's got the ability to play far above L1 if he can learn and end more end product.

Was saying all last night we’ve totally stopped trying to play football  from the back, not once did we play out from the back was just a hoof up from Jamieson which turns our possession into a 50/50 and with the giants QoS had against Higgy (done well by the way) it was them that mostly picked up most of the headers and second balls , that’s what I think is going against our team as they can all play on the deck 

Anyway was right where Barjo went on that mazy last night skinning 4 before being chopped down footwork was sublime 

7 hours ago, Kelheart said:

I was mainly talking about giving Aggy a run at number 9 when Austin is out injured, which is quite often! Agree that Cardle has not had the impact that he's had in previous seasons, but he does get well watched by the opposition sometimes coming up against two defenders, but he's still an exciting player to watch as he can still make things happen.  Agree with you about qos. They had a good spell at the start of the second half but their attempts at goal were woeful to say the least.

4 hours ago, Kelheart said:

Was saying all last night we’ve totally stopped trying to play football  from the back, not once did we play out from the back was just a hoof up from Jamieson which turns our possession into a 50/50 and with the giants QoS had against Higgy (done well by the way) it was them that mostly picked up most of the headers and second balls , that’s what I think is going against our team as they can all play on the deck 

Anyway was right where Barjo went on that mazy last night skinning 4 before being chopped down footwork was sublime 

Barjo's run was right in front of me too, I don't think the queen's player got booked for the trip. Barjo made a big difference when he came on, brought some fresh energy to the team.

Great result yesterday , no idea why Agys  goal was chopped off , got a bit nervy once Clyde got a goal back but overall a brilliant week for us getting 6 points at home 

Next two away to Falkirk n Dunfermline so really glad to have got the wins at home under our belt 

Mon Kelty 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

Great result yesterday , no idea why Agys  goal was chopped off , got a bit nervy once Clyde got a goal back but overall a brilliant week for us getting 6 points at home 

Next two away to Falkirk n Dunfermline so really glad to have got the wins at home under our belt 

Mon Kelty 

I don't know why it was chopped off either. Getting the 6 points was vital, I would be happy with 2 draws for the two away games. Would love to see Alfie get a run at number 9 in those two games, the big pitches would give him the space to run at the centre halves and cause some havoc. Gives Higgy a rest too.

On 20/10/2022 at 10:19, leomessi1984 said:

Was anyone at the bounce game Tuesday night? Presume it was fringe & under 20s lining up vs the Swifts? 

Yeah, I'm not overly familiar with the first team squad since my boy left in 2019 but know Joe, Robbie and Jason as they've been starters. Think there was 5, possibly 6 first team squad plus remainder being 20s.