Kelty Hearts Thread

1 hour ago, _FFC1876 said:

Not having a pop here, genuinely wondering: what’s the reason behind your slow start? I expected (and there’s every chance you still will be) Kelty to do what Cove and QP did previously coming out of L2 and challenge at the top. Is it the change of manager or a turnover of players? As a Falkirk fan, I’ve convinced myself that your first win will come against us. 😅

Player turnover isn't that high. We've been hit by injuries and signings were late in the day but we're simply not performing. We're missing clear chances in games and then being punished. I feel if we get a couple of wins it'll turn quickly but getting them is the challenge.

Not having a pop here, genuinely wondering: what’s the reason behind your slow start? I expected (and there’s every chance you still will be) Kelty to do what Cove and QP did previously coming out of L2 and challenge at the top. Is it the change of manager or a turnover of players? As a Falkirk fan, I’ve convinced myself that your first win will come against us. [emoji28]

I don’t think there team is strong enough for this league. It should be good enough to finish above the bottom two places, but no where good enough to challenge the play offs.

The appointment of manager, and the signings have been far from impressive.

I think this will be Kelty finding there level in this league, which is still a great achievement considering where they came from.

They need to start picking up points soon though!

19 minutes ago, Vimto90 said:
48 minutes ago, leomessi1984 said:
Where we belong will likely still be above Stenny emoji38.png

Yeah cause historically that's always been the case, my bad.

I jest Vimto. Stenny are a great wee club. If Dean ends up pulling back we've built enough to sustain us in L2 minimum. Which is still great with where we came from.

I jest Vimto. Stenny are a great wee club. If Dean ends up pulling back we've built enough to sustain us in L2 minimum. Which is still great with where we came from.
Stop being decent & nice, makes this winding up malark difficult.

7 hours ago, Vimto90 said:

No so fun this year is it....

Novelty away. No winning most weeks. Mr Money's last season. Yous will be back to where you belong soon enough : )

The change of manager mid-off season didn't help as it left the new manager little time to bring in the players needed for a higher league. Also, the change of playing style hasn't helped as the players need time to get used to it. If things don't click in the next month or two, then it could be a very difficult task for the club to escape the relegation zone. 

I was very surprised to see Potter getting a gig at Kelty. He was one of main guys in charge at qp last season during our bizarre period where we had no manager for about 4 months and I thought he was fairly hopeless. Constantly playing players who were horribly out of form. His interviews were never inspiring also, giving your typical cliche answers. 

How’s Darren Lyon getting on ? I actually would of kept him as he made a big difference to our season after he came back from injury. Solid but unspectacular type 

I’d give potter the first round of games to see where we are at , still sitting with 1 point he would surely walk himself ?? 

If it carries on the way it’s going he won’t get that long. Could end up 6-7 points adrift already…

Injuries haven’t helped, but I thought Kelty would have strengthened a lot more than they have.

4 hours ago, qpfc said:

I was very surprised to see Potter getting a gig at Kelty. He was one of main guys in charge at qp last season during our bizarre period where we had no manager for about 4 months and I thought he was fairly hopeless. Constantly playing players who were horribly out of form. His interviews were never inspiring also, giving your typical cliche answers. 

How’s Darren Lyon getting on ? I actually would of kept him as he made a big difference to our season after he came back from injury. Solid but unspectacular type 

Lyon has looked solid. Unfortunately we've had poor performances around him.

6 hours ago, leomessi1984 said:

Another big day at New Central Park on Saturday. We really need a win!!

Fingers crossed! I've been to both Junior Cup finals (and the semi at Livingston in '99(?)), seen them play "Fife Old Firm" matches against the Haws, win leagues and cups in the Junior Game and in the EoS, Lowland and League Two as well as being at the Pars game (albeit in the away end for once) and I don't think I've wanted you to win any single game more than this one! If you could injure Donaldson and McGinn (nothing serious, just out for a couple of weeks) as well that would be grand. 🤣

1 hour ago, champions said:

Any recommendations for parking on Saturday? Thanks 

Limited parking at community centre 

Bath st at the ground fills up very quickly 

Best bet would be street or two up from Main Street if possible then a 5 min walk to ground